logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

67 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nova  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2009 9:03:49 PM(UTC)
Nova

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/7/2004(UTC)
Posts: 8,118

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The empire of Nerath is falling. In the north the Empire is still strong, true, but it is embroiled with a war, with the loyal Imperial forces fighting the rebellion. Both sides have been locked in war for at least a hundred years, the stalemate doing little but draining each. At sea the island colonies lie abandoned, and to the north, past the rebel forces, the barbarian tribes once more reign supreme. The southlands lie mostly peaceful but they have not seen a tax collector or imperial patrol in generations, and even there trouble brews. The southern jungle advances more each year, long dormant evils stir in forgotten crypts and the distances between the towns grows. But all is not lost for bold hero's such as yourselves, forged in the fires of the war to the north, or born in some other fashion, stride the land.

The empire of Nerath is falling, but civilization need not fall with it.



OOCThis is the 'default' background and players are encouraged to work elements of it into there histories:

Most of you are ex-soldier from the north, joined up for your four years for adventure, for the money, to take a burden off a family after a bad harvest. For the past for years the army has fed you, clothed you and housed you. Now its over. Your term expired and you choose not to reenlist for whatever reason. Aimless you have drifted southwards, longing for peace after four years of battle. However, things have not been going so well, and you find your payout money growing a little thin.


  Regardless of how you have all wound up in the Tavern of The Gilded Lady, weather you have travelled together since you left the army or have arived on your own.


OOCEdit: Forgot to link the OOC thread: OOC Thread
Edit 2: Fixed all the spelling so new players are not scared off
Edit 3: Fixed more spelling as I place this on my blog

Nova  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2009 7:47:08 AM(UTC)
Nova

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/7/2004(UTC)
Posts: 8,118

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)


Ok, so place yourselves anywhere thats not blocked off by someone (Ie you could walk up and sit there) The women in blue is Violet, Dorfird's Halfling Warlord. Art can be provided (or bettter) you can provide it. The pink icon by the fire is Shiyiya. Its also helpful if you match your Avatar to your in game icon, but NOT required.
Shiyiya  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2009 9:54:31 PM(UTC)
Shiyiya

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/23/2009(UTC)
Posts: 28

I'm sitting in the northenmost armchair by the fireplace, sipping a mug of strong tea. I glance up briefly as the halfling enters the inn, then return to comtemplating the flames.
Nova  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2009 10:16:06 PM(UTC)
Nova

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/7/2004(UTC)
Posts: 8,118

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
OOCCool, I'll add you to the map once I'm done moving deck furniture

Ok, map updated. Talking to some of the others now.

zomb1e  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2009 11:22:30 PM(UTC)
zomb1e

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/23/2009(UTC)
Posts: 87

Elethe is seated in the booth nearest the southernmost entrance of the tavern. She is hunched over a map and twirling a dagger around, its point making a notch in the wooden table. Now and then she sips on a mug of ale.
Lunatyk  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2009 11:51:32 PM(UTC)
Lunatyk

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/24/2009(UTC)
Posts: 3

The noon-day sun was enough for today. Once Fang needed to march in its heat for gods know how many steps but now that his employment in the military came to an end, he was once more a master to himself. Readjusting to lack of leadership would not be easy, it takes time for a wolf to forget about his pack. Fortunately, Fang's blood was more human than wolf, only the feral look in his eyes, the fangs in his mouth and patches of fur on the limbs any indication of his lycanthrope heritage. The Longtooth went up the stairs, the scent of sweat and alcohol entering his nostrils as the door opened. He looked around, noting the exits, and grinned after recognising Violet as one of the patrons. With a sure step, he walked over to her.

"Is the seat taken?"
momerath  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2009 6:31:30 PM(UTC)
momerath

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 444

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Violet looks up as Fang approaches. "Sit down - always room at my table for another old soldier. Tusk... no, Fang, isn't it? Let me buy you a drink."

Violet gestures for two ales.

Lunatyk  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2009 12:41:58 AM(UTC)
Lunatyk

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/24/2009(UTC)
Posts: 3

"Yeah, it's Fang," he smiles. "Like these here teeth, tusks are for boars if you ask me," he sits down, leaning his sword on the table.
Yayap  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:37:50 AM(UTC)
Yayap

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 15

having circled the bar for awhile, scoping for anything of interest, Glenn was starting to get bored when he saw the shifter enter the room and strike up a conversation with the halfling.  recognizing both as two fellow ex-soldiers, and feeling a need for discussion, he nonchalantly walks over to the table.  arriving in time to catch Fang's rebuttal.
 

"And Boars should be for us veterans...  Funny seeing you two here.  I haven't met up with other soldiers for several days now, and we three run into each other all at once.  heh, sometimes life is a tad crazy, but hey, that's what I live for." 
pulling back one of the chairs, Glenn pulls back his hand suddenly, looking embarrassed. 
"Oh, I'm sorry, I forget my manners, name's Glenn if you can't recall, Your Violet and Fang correct? Is this conversation private, or can I jump in?  Boars on me."
OOCout of curiosity... How much money does Glenn have?
Nova  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2009 2:41:16 PM(UTC)
Nova

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/7/2004(UTC)
Posts: 8,118

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
OOC100gp - what you spent on equipment


Let me know when you are all aquainted and I'll move things along. I'll go poke the rest of the group

momerath  
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2009 5:01:09 PM(UTC)
momerath

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 444

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Violet gestures for another ale. "By all means, join us! What brings you to these parts?" 
jtong77  
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2009 5:13:58 PM(UTC)
jtong77

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 119

Avdol has been working as a farm hand around Fallcrest and has been staying in The Gilded Lady.  As he returns to the tavern tonight, he is suprised to see Glenn, Violet, and Fang, soldiers he met in the army, are drinking and eating together around a table.  They remind him of the pile of bodies he left behind in the last fofur years, the past he is running away from.  Hoping they won't notice him, he walks over to the table by the east wall and sits down in the empty north facing chair.
Nova  
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2009 5:30:21 PM(UTC)
Nova

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/7/2004(UTC)
Posts: 8,118

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
OOCOk, I placed Glenn and Avdol on the map, let me know if you don't like the chair I picked for you

jtong77  
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2009 5:51:45 PM(UTC)
jtong77

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 119

OOCI have moved Avdol to where I intended him to be because he is trying to avoid the soldiers.  By the way, am I supposed to be able to edit the map like that?

zomb1e  
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2009 7:32:18 PM(UTC)
zomb1e

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/23/2009(UTC)
Posts: 87

Elethe looks up at those engaging in conversation, but quickly returns to her maps. She'd rather keep to herself.
jtong77  
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:13:25 PM(UTC)
jtong77

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 119

Avdol orders a cup of tea and a loaf of bread.  Working as a farm help doesn't pay much and the money he earned from the army has long run out.  As he sits there waiting for his food, he starts to wonder what a group of veterans are doing in a peaceful southern town like this.....
jtong77  
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2009 10:30:57 PM(UTC)
jtong77

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 119

OOCI have questions about the map: who is Gevern and who is "Bruce Cable" supposed to be? Are they npcs?

Nova  
#18 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2009 1:14:52 AM(UTC)
Nova

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/7/2004(UTC)
Posts: 8,118

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
OOCYep, I didn't want to use generics #1-n. I had those images lying around my HD. Also if I use generics you can tell who is important by looking at the map. I've since found better pics if you want me to fix that
Smithfoo  
#19 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2009 6:21:00 AM(UTC)
Smithfoo

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/1/2009(UTC)
Posts: 27

The tavern door was pushed open as a tall fgure stepped through the doorway. Standng 6'3sh n heght wth a slender frame that looked almost fragle. A second inspecton showed that hs frame was made up entrely of muscle, and was not so fragile at all, especially in a shining suit of scale armor. Red hair cut short, his face was stern as his deep violet eyes glazed around the room.

Vetreans, quite a few of them. I reconize some of their faces, but I can't remember any names. I've seen too many to remember them all.

Brandis walked over to the barkeep, ordering a glass of their ale, and headed towards the table that was nearly full of the former soldiers.

"Why, there must be a party in our honoir, only explanation I can think of for the amount of vetreans in this room, I'm Brandis. I know I've seen you guys on the front before, but I can't recal any names I'm afraid to say."
jtong77  
#20 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2009 8:21:53 PM(UTC)
jtong77

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 119

"Great, here comes another one," thought Avdol as he saw the tall half-elf walked in. 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (Hidden)
67 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.1 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 1.256 seconds.