logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

40 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
momerath  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2009 12:46:11 AM(UTC)
momerath

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 444

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Your crew is on your Firefly-class ship in the Black.

OOCI'll give you a little chance to roleplay before I throw you the adventure hook. As your characters change and grow, please keep them up-to-date in the OOC thread.


Kariggi  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2009 2:06:05 AM(UTC)
Kariggi

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/24/2009(UTC)
Posts: 136

"I really like it out here.  It's quiet and there's no bad people you have to kill, plus the stars are all shiny like a perfectly polished pistol."


Wendi proudly flourishes a perfectly polished pistol she has obviously diligently been working on while she sits at the galley table hunched forward legs splayed to either side of the chair.  Smiling.  Five pistols ranging from a teeny-weeny derringer to a monstrous canon that looks far too big for this little raggedy anne of a girl to even lift, never mind hold, or fire, are laid out on the table in front of her.
doran  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2009 4:01:58 AM(UTC)
doran

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/25/2009(UTC)
Posts: 147

"Kid i've been back and forth across the black more times than I can count, but i've gotta say that is the strangest thing i've ever heard from a gal as pretty and young as you."

Daedalus rolled into the galley hoping to find some tolerable coffee to keep him up for the long night ahead of him. He eyed the little pixie as she cleaned what appeared to be an arsenal in front of her.

"Shouldn't you be asleep with a teddy bear or playing with dolls?"

Kariggi  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2009 4:17:00 AM(UTC)
Kariggi

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/24/2009(UTC)
Posts: 136

"I like dolls."

doran  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2009 4:47:08 AM(UTC)
doran

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/25/2009(UTC)
Posts: 147

"Why does that alone send a chill down my back?" Daedalus smiled and filled a large thermos of black coffee. "I'm gonna be on the bridge for awhile. If you get tired of your 'dolls' there i could use some company."
Kariggi  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2009 5:16:05 AM(UTC)
Kariggi

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/24/2009(UTC)
Posts: 136

Only half done Wendi begins to carefully place the pistols away.  No one should have to be alone.  Griff didn't talk too much, but she liked when he did, he knew a whole lot, not like the Captain, but he was still realy smart.
doran  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2009 5:59:03 AM(UTC)
doran

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/25/2009(UTC)
Posts: 147

Daedalus rolled up the catwalk back towards the bridge. His wheel chair was fairly plain, but useful in more ways than one. He was grateful of the captain McCord for modifying most of  stairs to ramps on the top level of the ship but the firefly class ship was still not the most accessible boat he'd been on. It was surprising how much one took walking for granted. He ran his fingers across the bare bulk heads remembering his own boat of days gone.  The thermos of warm coffee cradled in his lap as he passed the entrance hatches to the the crew quarters and onto the bridge. With coffee in hand he swung himself into the pilot's chair. All systems read green. Aemon had been doing a good job so far. Daedalus looked past the controls and blinking lights to the stars of the black he settled down for a long watch. 

OOCwho sleeps where?




Kariggi  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2009 7:15:43 PM(UTC)
Kariggi

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/24/2009(UTC)
Posts: 136

Each of the shiny guns begin to disappear one at a time, tiny first, then the next until each has been placed exactly where it should be on Wendi's person the second largest in the speed draw holster on her hip, and then she picks up the Big one wraps it carefully in a soft clothe ties a pretty pink ribbon around the outside and carries it carefully toward her sleeping quarters.  Smiling, this place is good.
momerath  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2009 8:27:21 PM(UTC)
momerath

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 444

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The Last Chance flies smoothly through the blackness of space.

OOCI changed my post complaining about technical difficulties because Rich fixed them, but I can't delete this post without help.


Nova  
#10 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 4:44:27 AM(UTC)
Nova

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/7/2004(UTC)
Posts: 8,118

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'll take the one closest to the bridge

McCord looks up from the accounts and rubs the bridge of his nose. "God in Haven help me, We turn a profit on this trip or the Last Chance needs to learn to run on hope and starshine" He then climbs his ladder and heads into the mess. He smiles at Wendi as he enters. "Nice collection. Never did see the point in haven all of them weapons myself, only need one to kill a man. Two if you want to be fancy." His eyes fall on a one specific gun. Used to sell those, used one a lot. Always made sure I knew what I was selling. Mind if I?" And he gestures towards the weapon.
Kariggi  
#11 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 5:18:59 AM(UTC)
Kariggi

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/24/2009(UTC)
Posts: 136

Wendi takes the indicated weapon in a clothe by the barrel and proffers the handle to the Captain.

"Sometimes they run out of bullets and there are still more bad people to kill.  I don't want to run out of bullets before I kill all the bad people.  My daddy ran out of bullets."

Wendi smiled, Captain McCord was a good person, and he knew just how to handle that gun.  It made her happy.

"I was putting them away, so I could go talk to Griff"


She hoped the Captain would never need more than one gun.
doran  
#12 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2009 10:47:31 AM(UTC)
doran

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/25/2009(UTC)
Posts: 147

OOCi'll take the next closest room then. Again a firefly isn't the most wheelchair accessible boat and it'll be fun going up and down that ladder.

FinAeros  
#13 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2009 12:43:18 AM(UTC)
FinAeros

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/25/2009(UTC)
Posts: 115

"C'mon....  Where are you ya li'l whun dan...."
With his legs hooked over the lip of the decking that he'd pulled up in the engine room, Aemon hangs down into the open bay.  A line is hooked into an eyelet off the wall with a snaplink, connecting the engineer's work harness to the ship in case of a mishap.  A glowstick hangs from a hook under the decking, sheading light on a complex of tubes and wires that Aemon is digging through.  He holds himself to a cross-beam while searching for a sub-junction controler for the fuel feed system.  When he finally does he pulls a bronze box the size of a deck of cards from a pocket on the arm of his jump suit and plugs it into the junction.  Once a small L.E.D. on it starts blinking he lets go of the beam and swings back under the hatch and pulls himself up wigh a sigh of exertion.  For a moment he sits there blinking, light headed while the blood that had pooled in his upper body drains.

"If only easy to maintain meant easy to access....  'Least it tain't none o' that Gurtsler tsway-niou."
He twists around to sit on the access's lip and brings his right arm up to read the display on his newtech computer gauntlet and tap a command into it.
"C'mon, connect you over rated piece of go se."
The gauntlet gives off a soft ping as it detects the feed from the enabler.  Shae continues to tap on the screen as it accesses the engine's programming and begins a diagnostic.
"'Cmon....  Please be a glich...."
Kariggi  
#14 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2009 8:37:15 PM(UTC)
Kariggi

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/24/2009(UTC)
Posts: 136

After Captain McCord has her #3 gun firmly in hand Wendi leans to one side and places the palm of her white hand flat onto the deck, then with barely a noticeable effort bends her body till her legs are up over her head in the air, he bare white painted feat bend down from above to gently pluck her big #5 gun off the table and begins walking on her hands toward the cubby she so happily now calls home.

"Maybe I could teach Griff to walk on his hands and then he could get around easy even without his chair."

She tips and seems to fall down her hatch as if plummeting to her death, only the frequency of her bizarre methods of moving makes the motion  seem common place and nearly normal.  She does not think she just moves.  The light touch of her feet below a few moments of silence and then like a missile from its silo she springs back into the hall from her hatch all smiles and giggles.

Nova  
#15 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2009 11:04:15 PM(UTC)
Nova

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/7/2004(UTC)
Posts: 8,118

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
With practised ease the Captain takes a few shooting poses, smoothly sliding the gun to his left hand and drawing his own gun, then taking a few positions with both. Satisfied he puts his gun away, spins around Wendi's weapon in his left hand and offers it to her. "Thank you very much Milday, its a wonderful weapon." he says with a bow.
doran  
#16 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 1:12:38 AM(UTC)
doran

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/25/2009(UTC)
Posts: 147

Daedalus could hear the giggling and fits of laughter creeping up from the hall way. He knew that girl had a kind heart that has been wrapped in layers of fear. He glanced over the console and noticed some readings were just not right. Pulling his commlink from a satchel on the side of his wheelchair. Hoping Aemon was not causing too much trouble .

"Aemon. Aemon. This is Griff on the bridge and i'm getting some strange read outs up here. What's going on back there?"
Kariggi  
#17 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 3:15:09 AM(UTC)
Kariggi

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/24/2009(UTC)
Posts: 136

Wendi takes the weapon from Captain McCord's outstretched hand, slides it in place behind her, and curtseys low.

"Twas my pleasure Milord."  Begins an unrestrained giggling and then dashes tumbles and twirls down the front hall towards Griff.


"Hey Griff, hey, Griff could you walk on your hands like this?"  Wendi places two hands on the console upending her entire person and staring down at Griff from the top of her outstretched arms.  "Then you wouldn't need your legs."
FinAeros  
#18 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 3:41:11 AM(UTC)
FinAeros

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/25/2009(UTC)
Posts: 115

"Ta ma de...."
Aemon reaches over to the comm. on the wall console and pulls the handset free.
"Sorry 'bout that Griff.  Musta knocked a sensor when I was fiddlin' with the lines.  Any ambers ya got goin' on back 'ere should be straightened out in a tick."
The mechanic checks his gauntlet's display.
"I'd noticed a pressure differential building between the primary fuel feed lines.  Nothing worrisome, an' I can fix it in no time once we're down an' the engine's off.  Was running a diagnostic on the sensors to track it 'case I have to tackle it afore then."
He leans back in to turn the speaker's volume up before swinging back around so that his legs are once more laid out on the deck.  Before falling back into the compartment he presses the comm button one more time.
"No sudden hard burns, we should be shiny.  Think it's a flutter valve somewhere's stickin' a bit."
Letting the handset bounce back on its coiled line, Aemon ducks his head to his chest and leans back into the engine compartment.
"An' if something does go wrong I'm a liou coe shway duh biao-tze hun hoe-tze duh ur- tze."  He reaches out to pat the strut before pulling himself back over the lines.  "C'mon mei-mei, don't prove me wrong."
doran  
#19 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 7:31:02 AM(UTC)
doran

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/25/2009(UTC)
Posts: 147

Griff glanced back over the console noticing the leds flickering. He trusted in Aemon skills and knew it would take a good amount to bring down this boat.

"Alright Shae. I'll take your word for it. Just try to keep from getting yourself stuck back there. It'll be easier to replace you than try to get you out." He tucked the commlink back into his satchel. Just then he saw the ever adorable and strange Wendi doing a handstand on the console talking about walking on hands. 

"Kuh ai, shao jeh, kuh ai. I don't really mind not being able to walk and i don't think i'm near as graceful as you to do that forever. As long as i got the black and the very least atmo under my wings i'll be a very content man. My legs  may never get better, but that isn't stopping me from seeing the verse."

Griff looked into the innocent eyes of Wendi and knew she'd seen some horrible things, but still adored her sense of energy. 

"You know i was at the battle of serenity valley right? Well on one of the last runs out of that place i saw the medics pulling on some poor kid with an NCO helping him on board . He wasn't more than 16. Artillery had got him pretty bad the sergeant told. He was bloody and barely concious.. His NCO leaned over him and told him something i'll never forget"

'Remember now Chambers. When you can't run, you crawl. When you can't do that anymore you get someone to carry you. I carried you to this nice and pretty boat. Now this boat is going to carry you the rest of way home.' the grizzled NCO looked over at me. 'Isn't that right Cap?.'

"I looked into the cold and hardened eyes of that NCO and nodded my head. He then took off his cross and put into the hands of that kid, Chambers. He got off my boat and walked back onto that battlefield. I never learned that NCO's name, and i did end up taking that boy back home. Unfortunetly, it was in a pine box. I don't know what made that Sergeant walk back to the valley of death. I just know that the same thing kept me flying that day and keeps me flying still. Legs or no legs."

Griff looked at Wendi's big gleaming eyes and grinned as he poked the tip of her nose.
speshul  
#20 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2009 11:11:00 AM(UTC)
speshul

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/22/2009(UTC)
Posts: 200

OOC
I will want the biggest room for all my clothes if possible, if not he will moain about it.


Sebastion , climbs out from his cabin, does an exajerated yawn. and says loudly and hopefully " Good morning chaps, whats for scoff," he catches himself in a mirror and scoffs "Beheavens I look a state".( its afternoon and as ever Sebastion  looks imaculate in his silk monigramed PJ's.)

Sebastion sits down on the dining table and then stairs off into space for while, whilst watching out of the corner of his eye hoping for breakfast to arrive.

Users browsing this topic
Guest (Hidden)
40 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.1 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.894 seconds.