logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

22 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RichardM  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 6:29:06 AM(UTC)
RichardM

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 1/20/2004(UTC)
Posts: 3,130
Location: Las Vegas

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
OOC

This post is where the first game post should be, subscribe!

 

 

Having problems? Contact me via email rmathis _at webcomic _dot_ net
Burning Wheel Rules Summary
My Websites: topwebcomics.com | Dark Mythos | Dndorks.com
Frandal  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 8:51:18 AM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

OOC: My bow is ready and my arrows loaded.


dying_inxs  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 3:46:38 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

one crazy dwarf with a big sword rdy!


ArtMonkey  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 4:37:25 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Capernus Valorin [656]

 

Ready, Sir!


Edited by user Tuesday, May 18, 2010 9:38:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
Augrimm  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 9:16:48 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

DemariusMy sheild and blade are ready M'Lord!  Oh... think I'll need a character marker as well I guess.... I think the one I tried uploading is too big..... 

 

 

 

 

Edit: Thanks Rich for making my icon. :)

Edited by user Wednesday, May 19, 2010 3:17:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RichardM  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2010 5:14:34 PM(UTC)
RichardM

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 1/20/2004(UTC)
Posts: 3,130
Location: Las Vegas

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)

The game begins.  I gave Jamroar Icy Rays, and a PM asking if he wanted a different message, otherwise, we're continuing.

 

Over the past few months, the Red Hunt has rode on the fame of their rescues of the townsfolk of Brindol, taking job after job, mostly boring, but rather lucrative.  The druid left early on, seeing no need to participate in mundane tasks, but a paladin has replaced him, though few tasks have been up to the task of challenging him. 

But fame is a fickle thing, and soon enough the inn ceased being free, the free samples of food came not quite so often, and mothers began eyeing the amount of time you spent with their daughters.  The time had come to move on.

Which made the call for help from the dwarves of Overlook quite welcome, whether it be for fame, gold, a respite from boredom, or some mixture of all of the above, and you began travelling towards the Stonehome Mountains. 

Andronsius, the dwarven alchemist you rescued, has sent his nephew Bjarne along with you as a guide.  Bjarne, proving inept as an alchemist, is being sent back to Andronsius' sister anyway and Andronsius was happy to have someone protect the young dwarf.

 

Bjarne is a bit small for a dwarf, prone to chatter, and is happy to answer any questions. 


Having problems? Contact me via email rmathis _at webcomic _dot_ net
Burning Wheel Rules Summary
My Websites: topwebcomics.com | Dark Mythos | Dndorks.com
Augrimm  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2010 5:42:57 AM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Demarius falls in stride beside Bjarne, smiling doen at the chatty young dwarf.

"So young master, how long think you will it take us to reach our destination?"  Demarius pauses as he listens to Bjarne's answer, nodding thoughtfully.  "I see.  And I was also wondering if perhaps you could shed some light on the troubles your kin of the Stonehome Mountains have asked us to deal with?  The rumours I have heard around the town have been rather vague at best. They must be serious indeed if the proud and capable dwarves of Overlook have called outsiders for aid."


Frandal  
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2010 9:31:47 AM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Before departing the ranger spent two days in the woods, looking for Anthelîn a rare violet flower. The last night he gave them to Alyssa.

"Beign with you this past months has been very important to me. You made me feel like an elf once again. You made my wounds heal a little bit. Thank you. I know you hate farewaells, so I'll not say goodbye, but my friends go tomorrow to Overloook and maybe there I can find some trace, I hope that... "

Alyssa just leaned two fingers at Frandal's lips silencing him. Next morning Jamroar sees how Frandal keeps one silk scarf enveloping a violet flower beneath his clothes.

 

When the paladin speaks with the little darwf he's a little bit ahead of the group, looking for any sign of trouble


ArtMonkey  
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2010 2:00:54 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Capernus walks with a purposeful stride toward their destination.  Rescuing the villagers, as dangerous as it was, was a high that he had not experienced for some time.  Unfortunately, in the time after he began to fall more and more into old habits.  Even now, he carries a flask of strong spirits on his hip, though he hides it in a belt pouch.  However, Overlook sounded different, more... grand.  Certainly there he would recapture that feeling.  As it was, he felt that he had to resist the urge to charge forward recklessly toward the dwarven settlement.

Capernus Valorin [656]
"So, Bjarne, I understand that alchemy doesn't suit you.  What will become of you when you return home?"


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
dying_inxs  
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2010 5:45:28 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

stumbleing along with the group obviolusy hung over carry all his gear in his back with his new shiney Greatsword

 

 

Morgran breathing heavy " where are we going and why im i dont rember what i agreed too" spalshing some water on his face looking at the talktive dwarf "who are u smeel like my cousin or somthing and stop jabbering so loud you wake the dead and i had enough of them for this year"


Augrimm  
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2010 8:26:39 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Demarius rolls his white eyes at Morgan and then smiles apologetically down at Bjarne.

Demarius "You must forgive my companion.  The recent combination of too little action and too much drink have rendered him surly almost to the point of unbearability in the mornings.  Hopefully solving the problems of your kin will cure him of it.  Please continue good dwarf."


RichardM  
#12 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 6:51:29 AM(UTC)
RichardM

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 1/20/2004(UTC)
Posts: 3,130
Location: Las Vegas

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)

 

OOCFrandal also finds 2 vials of holy water and a potion of healing in his pack, small gifts from Alyssa, with a note in beautifully scripted elvish Return soon and safe

 

Bjarne is happy when Demarius chats with him, "A good two weeks I'd think.  Well I'm not sure what kind of trouble they're having,  since i've been in Brindol.  You know, I don't think its fair, I mean it was an honest mistake, what did he think was going to happen, putting the recipe for Alchemist's Fire next to Anton's Hair tonic.  And Domar's fine, they say the scars will...err", Bjarne flushes a bit, realizing he was once again ranting about his mishaps in alchemy, "er well I'm sure its something with orcs, can't think of much else would get the council of elders so riled up."

"and asking for anyone and everyone?  Yeah, must be something serious, we dwarves keep all the orcs on the west side of Bordrin's watch, ain't no one coming through that, its why the human lands only have goblins to worry about.  ", Bjarne gets even redder when he thinks about what he just said, "Not that goblins aren't vicious mean little bastards!", he says trying to placate Capernus, ", they just would be worse if the orcs were over here too!"

in response to Capernus' question about his future, Bjarne sighs, "Well, i'm not allowed in the smithy until master Ironhewer grows his beard fully back soooo.... I don't know, maybe my da will let me work on my true love! Study with the rune masters!  The idea that a small carefully inscribed rune can change the world?!?  How mighty will that be!?  "

 

Any responses before I go to the next scene?

 

OOC

Sorry about slow responses, should be good now, the vault, the forums, and the server, all seem to be fairly stable at the moment. :D

Having problems? Contact me via email rmathis _at webcomic _dot_ net
Burning Wheel Rules Summary
My Websites: topwebcomics.com | Dark Mythos | Dndorks.com
Augrimm  
#13 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 11:55:35 AM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Demarius' eyebrows raise slightly at the list of their guide's mishaps, but he nods his thanks to Bjarne for answering his questions and happily continues to engage him in conversation about his beloved runes or whatever else the little dwarf wants to talk about.


ArtMonkey  
#14 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 2:30:16 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Capernus listens, but doesn't add anything.

Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
dying_inxs  
#15 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 4:07:50 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Morgran

gripping his mangy beard morgran come to the conclusion  that he better stir clear of any concoctions this young dwarf might be doing or any potions he gives him

 

 

 

Edited by user Tuesday, May 25, 2010 12:22:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

xeric369  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 5:00:59 AM(UTC)
xeric369

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/12/2008(UTC)
Posts: 375

 

OOCSorry about that, not much in the way of time and such. Should be posting regularly again now.

 

Seeing the flower in Frandal's scarf Jamroar walks a bit faster to catch up with the ranger, asking him what they're for. "Thats not a flower I recognize from my time with the elves, though I may have lived in the wrong area. You mind me asking why you have it so carefully wrapped up in that scarf?"

As it is hes starting to realize just how out of shape he has become these last few months. Though he doesn't have to worry about people wondering about time he spent with their daughters for sure.


Frandal  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 10:12:34 AM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
OOC:  Ok, then I guess that our little ranger has a reason to return to Brindol ;)
 
IC: The elf seems to blush a little. " Well.. it's... just a gift.. " he says smiling to his friend. "do you spent time with my people?" he asks changingthe subject.
RichardM  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 5:00:13 PM(UTC)
RichardM

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 1/20/2004(UTC)
Posts: 3,130
Location: Las Vegas

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)

The group is about a week out from Overlook, and the journey has gotten progressively more difficult the closer you get.  While the path is well maintained and sees much traffic, the road has gone from passing through flat farmlands to going over the occasional hill and now those hills are becoming small mountains.  Bjarne doesn't seem to mind, even seems to be in better spirits as the lot of you approach the impressive peaks of the Stonehome mountains.

There are still occasional farmlands however, and Bjarne explains that the human farmers out here appreciate their independence while providing fresh food to his people.  

Its when you go to cross a particularly steep hill that Frandal first points out whisps of smoke.  Its nearly dusk, your group is tired from a long day's travel, and this close to the mountains the Stonehome mountains cast a long shadow over this farm, or rather ranch as it were, as the group can see sheep cowering away in a large field as far from the house as they can go a good acre back.   A one story house with perhaps three bedrooms sits a ways back from the road, and that is the source of the smoke.  Not a lot yet, but obviously something is on fire in what looks like a bedroom, the smoke coming out of a broken window.  

In addition to the house, from this vantage point you can see a large barn, its front doors cracked open, and what looks like possibly a body lying in the entrance, who or what it is, you can't tell from here.


Having problems? Contact me via email rmathis _at webcomic _dot_ net
Burning Wheel Rules Summary
My Websites: topwebcomics.com | Dark Mythos | Dndorks.com
Augrimm  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 9:13:33 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Demarius was exhausted.  Trekking through foothills and small mountians for days on end in plate mail was a definate side of adventuring that the songs and tales convienently left out.  Still they were traveling towards a good cause and that knowledge kept the teifling knight's spirits up.

When Frandal points out the wisps of smoke it takes a moment for the statement to register on the tired paladin, but all thoughts of exaustion vanish as Frandal points out the fire in the broken window and the body infront of the barn.  The paladin was torn.  His first instinct was to rush to the aid of the downed figure, but on the other hand his dark hertitage probably made him the best suited to seach the farmhouse for any others in need of help.  After all, mundane fire was of little concern to one with the flames of Hell itself flowing through his veins, and the fire was sure to spread by the time the group made it's way to the building.

First things first, help the one he knew was in need.

"Jamroar?  Can your ice magics do anything to quell those flames?  I'll see if I can offer any aid to the person by the barn.  Morgan, in case my skills aren't up to the task, your healing magic's would be of great help.  Capernus, Jamroar might need some muscle to get through the house quickly in case of barred doors and debree as well as someone to cover him should whoever started the flames should still be about.  Frandal, could you cover both groups with your arrows in case of trouble?"  Demarius looked to Bjarne, "I'm sure you wish to be of aid young master, but I promised your uncle I would see you safely to Overlook and this place reeks of trouble.  Find some cover and stay out of sight until we've managed to access that there are no enemies about."


Frandal  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 10:46:29 AM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

The elf looks to Capernus for confirmation. The plan sounds good, still he would prefer to approach out of sifht and see what's happening before approach the are with their full force. The knight means well but if the elf learnt something in the caves is that the tactical mind of Capernus will determine the best way to act.

" I can cover you from that spot " says Frandal " but if there's some problem inside the buildings it will take me some time to reach you. And we don't know what's going on for sure, but we should better hurry before the fire spreads... "

Users browsing this topic
Guest (Hidden)
22 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.1 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 1.166 seconds.