logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RichardM  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2010 4:30:51 PM(UTC)
RichardM

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 1/20/2004(UTC)
Posts: 3,130
Location: Las Vegas

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)

This post is a placeholder so everyone can subscribe and I can create my game thread, for players in my NSLD game.


Having problems? Contact me via email rmathis _at webcomic _dot_ net
Burning Wheel Rules Summary
My Websites: topwebcomics.com | Dark Mythos | Dndorks.com
Frandal  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2010 1:11:50 PM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Done! ;)


RichardM  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 5:58:53 AM(UTC)
RichardM

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 1/20/2004(UTC)
Posts: 3,130
Location: Las Vegas

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)

 

 Its been one day since the party at Morgrave University, and the group has spent a lot of time at Morgrave University looking in on those who succumbed to the poisons of the Fears.  Galadriel has vanished, stating he needed to find himself, he now wears a glove on his left hand.

Fie meanwhile, has found the information he was hired to find.  As an independent agent of the Dragonmarked Houses, he is often hired for these kinds of duties, the acquisition of information.  It took one of his contacts to lead him to a sage, who had apparently been hired by a Sarlonan man with a lot of interest in the ruins where the dream artifacts had recently been brought back from.  Assuming the description of the Sarlonan, Fie was able to bluff his way into the sage giving him the same information again.  He left the sage confused and afraid, but with the location of another Giant outpost on an island near Xendrik.  This outpost is apparently connected to the dream artifacts somehow, and the most likely destination.  With that information, Fie returned to the one who hired him in Skyway.

Leafy on the other hand, was turning in a satchel that had been stolen by a group of shifters and he'd been hired to find.  In addition to his pay, he received a letter with the crest of Karnath.

At the same time, Lerissa, Kvahlin, Kayndar, and Korihor were receiving similar letters.


Later that day, in Skyway

You've all been requested to meet at this manor, here in the Brilliant district of Skyway.  The building, surrounded by shiny buildings built directly onto the cloud-stuff ground in Skyway, is very different from its neighbors.  Unlike the happy, beautiful buildings in the style of Breland, this building has been modified to be more gothic.  The outer walls are composed of dark, storm-like clouds, while black iron spikes hold small jewels which exude occasional sparks of electricity.  The walls of the great manor house within have been decorated with leering gargoyles, demons, and monsters of all types, even more creepy, is that some of the gargoyles move, whether they are members of the actual race or constructs, is difficult to determine, but the house, here in the wealthiest neighborhood in the wealthiest city of the world, is like a fortress.   

But yet, here you stand, in the courtyard, waiting for someone to answer the door.  Some of you look at the summons you received, simple letters written on the highest quality paper, but no decorations, none of the normal noble flourishes.  Each letter is individualized, writing of your prowess in your respective areas, both complimenting you and challenging you to step up to how impressive the letter says you are.  The letter says simply that a well paying mission would be given to you by someone at this address, but that also the mission, more than just offering gold, of which there would be plenty, would also have personal meaning to you.

A few minutes have passed since the great skull-shaped knocker was beat against the front door with loud, omnious thuds.  Just when you begin to think this has all been a joke, the door opens widely.  

There, standing in the doorway, is a tall, muscular woman.  She wears a mixture of adamantine  plates and mithril chain links which is formed and cut in such a way to both seem intimidating while also emphasizing her feminine curves and cleavage. Holstered on a back harness is a greatsword with a grinning skull pommel and a hilt that implies the flow of electricity.  Her thick, long, black hair is up in a bun, and the woman's sharply angled face is smiling broadly.

Lady Jhanif smiles broadly, "Ah, my force of elite warriors, come, you're just in time." 

Kvahlin, followed by Lerissa, Kayndar, Leafy, and Korihor, enter a large greeting chamber.  Lady Jhanif gestures at you to follow, interrupting any questions you might have, leading you into a large war room.

 The room's walls are covered with sketches of fortresses from around Khorvaire.  The large oblong table in the center has many maps on it, the topmost map looks like a quality map of Xendrik.    At the other side of the room, is a white skinned, white haired man stands, a changeling (Fie).  

A halfling, tall for his kind, brings in a silver platter with goblets of wine for each who takes one.  

Lady Jhanif takes a goblet, then turns smiling. "Yesterday, this group", she gestures at Lerissa, Kayndar, Kvahlin, and Korihor, " helped me discover that one of my close servants was actually a spy.  " she frowns at this, " Further, he helped plan the robbery of the artifacts the expedition I helped fund.  Even worse, the artifacts have been taken, involved in the theft of a House Lyrandar airship, the Frozen Zephyr.  "

"Attempts at divining the location of the skyship, contacting those involved, or discerning the location has thus far failed.  Further, we must act quickly if we are to act at all.  We're nearly two days behind, and no skyship is available.  What we "have" acquired, is an elemental galleon, the Dolair. It travels across the ocean rather than through the sky, but but over open ocean, it is even faster.  With the help of Fie here, we've acquired the destination, and with those two things, we can possibly get to the intended destination first."

Taking a sip of her wine, she continues, "The fiends responsible for this plot, stole from Morgrave University, stole from ME.   Their plot seems bound for success, I'd like to steal that success out from under them, on the cusp of their success!"

"I'd like to offer you 300 platinum each to go to Xendrik, take or destroy whatever the Sarlonans are after.  Plus whatever you find, you can keep, as long as the Sarlonans don't get what they're after.  But you must leave right away if you are to catch up!"

 

Having problems? Contact me via email rmathis _at webcomic _dot_ net
Burning Wheel Rules Summary
My Websites: topwebcomics.com | Dark Mythos | Dndorks.com
Augrimm  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 9:26:46 AM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Lerissa does her best to hide her surprise (and some dislike) and the discovery that their mystery patron was the Lady Jhanif.  At the description of their group as "elite warriors" Lerissa blushes a bit.  She was a scholar after all, not a hero. 

As Lady Jhanif takes them deeper in her house towards the war room she notices that the group was a member short.  Looking  towards Kayndar she contacts her telepathically,  "Where is Anton?  I thought he'd be here with you all..." (Kayndar can respond in kind should she wish)

Later, after hearing that the thieve's destination had been discovered and a way to catch up to them secured, Lerissa volunteers eagerly (assuming that Jorin is on his way to recovery).  She scribbles a quick note for the Lady to give to Jorin explaining her actions and giving him her love(in a daughterly fashion) and hope for a quick recovery.  Her eyes glow with an eager emerald light as she contemplates exacting justice on those that had brought harm to those that she held dear..... 


alysium  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 10:37:03 AM(UTC)
alysium

[View User Details]
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/11/2010(UTC)
Posts: 25
Location: Bristol, UK

Thanks: 1 times

 As requested, Fie kept to one side of the room, leaning against the wall looking and feeling somewhat nonchalant. His, current, Mistress refered to them as "Elite Warriors," Fie failed to see anything Elite, or even impressive about the group. They looked as though they'd be more comfortable teaching at the Morgrave University. Still, they may yet surprise him.

The halfling handed out wine, and Fie took a goblet. He took a sip, and savoured its harsh tang. A good vintage! He thought. He heard Lady Jhanif relay the information he had found for her to the group, as he looked them each up and down. Two tieflings, a drow, an elf, and a human. He mused over various scenarios regarding the drow and the elf. Cousins by ancient bloodlines, yet the two races have been long enemies. However, the two stood within spitting distance of one another without any outward signs of discomfort.

Before this group of "heroes" arrived Lady Jhanif had explained to Fie what had been going on. Having only literally arrived back in Skyway from his trip he'd heard about the party, and consequent battle, at the University.

"...But you must leave right away if you are to catch up!" Fie broke from his reverie. 

Fie stood up from the wall, and walked towards the group, and Lady Jhanif.  Turning to the group he said "We should head to the docks to the galleon and make way quickly. The crew is readying her as we speak." He turned back to Lady Jhanif. "If there is nothing more, my Lady?" He took her hand and kissed it. 


Frandal  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 12:41:49 PM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Kayndar felt quite comfortable with the building. "It's impressive isn't it?" she told to Korihor before Lady Jhanif opened the door by herself. This fact, and the armor got Kayndar off guard, but she managed to hide her turbulence, until she heard the words "my elite warriors". She wasn't sure about what caused her more trouble, the word elite or the "my".

" He had another matters to attend, but he's fine thanks for asking" replies the drow in thoughts but looking at Lerissa, a little bit surprised by the sudden entrance on her head.

When she saw the map of her homeland, she looked for the region she was born. She moved her right hand to her backside, near her kiddey, uncounsciously touching the scar that was her sister goodbye gift.

" If you're not going to serve me, you'll not serve to anyone!" the last words of her sister while her knife stab her... then was the sound of the waterfall and the wind and then blackness...

"...But you must leave right away if you are to catch up!" 

She grabs her staff firm ly. "Calm down... you're not going to return to Xendric, just an island near it... she doesn't know you are going back... doesn't she?"

She just nod and ask for a piece of paper as Lerissa. She wrote a note to Anton, letting him know of their plans. She knows that he couldn't join them, but the idea of him knowing where they will be gave her a feeling of security.

[...]

Hours later with the wind moving the boat across the ocean Kayndar approaches Korihor.

" I know this is silly but... I can't help it. I'm afraid." She holds her own arms like if the seawind made her cold. " I'm going back to Xendric... sort of... and I'm not ready yet to face that, to face... her." She smiles to his friend seeing that he started to worry. " Don't worry I will not let you all down, I'll be fine... just... you just don't go away like Galadriel or Anton ok?"

[...]

(assuming that we have our own cabinets, if not I guess that the girls will share one ;) )

In the first night at the ship, when Lerissa was about to go to bed a knock in the door of her cabinet interrupt her.

"It's me, Kayndar. Can I come in please?" she looked to the cabinet, very similar to her own. The drow let her back to the wall oposite to the door, just three steps away, the longitude of the bed just at her right.

"Sorry to interrupt you but, back in the house of Lady Jharif you asked me about Anton.. directly on my mind... I see that's a very useful ability but... " she seems uncomfortable " I don't want you to take me wrong but... the idea of someone reading your thoughts.. is... disgusting... could you... could you teach me how to fight it? how to shiled it? I guess that outthere are people with much less moral than you my friend"

 Just a little bit of RP while we travel, to kill time until our beloved GM cames up with a brilliant idea to kill us all ;)  

 

 

Augrimm  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 4:43:45 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Once on the ship Lerissa excuses herself to her quarters where she clears her thoughts and focuses her powers before attempting to contact Jorin (via her Sending ability).

"Master, I am sorry to leave so abruptly but speed was of the essence.  Thieves destination discovered by Jhanif near Xendrik.  Letter will explain more." (Jorin can reply in kind, 25 words or less).

Lerissa spends much of her time at sea in meditation, partly to settle her stomache from the vessel's lurchings ("Seriously," she thought, "What demon from the pits of hell had invented sea travel anyways?"), partly because she was curious about the spirit she had inadvertantly bonded with.  Though the spirit within the Mask had caused much suffering, it really wasn't fully to blame and she felt a strange kinship for the strange being.  She attempted to form a telepathic communion with it to learn about it and let it learn about her.

  Did it have a name?  How had it's spirit become one with the Mask?  What was the Masks significance.  Certainly the vision it had showed her and the others had conveyed that whatever secrets the item held, some believed they were worth killing for.  Did it know anything about what had happened to Galadriel's hand? Did it have goals and if so what were they? So did she spend hours asking questions of the Mask and answering it's own.

Her reverie was broken when the knock came to her door.  It was Kayndar.  As the young drow explained her fears Lerissa nodded knowingly, as much of her early life had been dominated by people's fear of her powers, including her own.  Still, she was not sure what she could teach the sorceress..... she didn't sense any of the psychic strength she had sensed in Illiam (the only other powerful telepath she had ever encountered), though the magic that raged within her was formidable indeed.  Still it couldn't hurt to try.  She would start small and simple.....

Lerissa sat herself cross-legged on one end of the bed and bade Kayndar to sit across from her.  Reaching out with her senses the young tiefling tested the walls of Kayndar's thoughts and found them formidable.

"Hmmmm... your will is already quite strong, as it must be for you to harness and channel  the raw energies of the storm without being consumed by them.  Without my foci I would have some trouble entering your mind unbidden.  My foci...... hmmmm...." Lerissa pulls a large emerald crystal shard from the folds of her robes and places it between Kayndar and herself, lightly resting the fingers of her left hand on it.  Soon, her eyes and the crystal pulsed with the same emerald-green light.

  Raising her head to look at the drow she sent her thoughts, "Touch the crystal.  Reach out to it with your arcane senses. Feel the pulse of energies within it, how they flow and ebb almost like a living being........Feel how they flow from me, to crystal, to you...."  Lerissa paused as Kayndar rested the fingers of her right hand on the crystal in a similiar manner to her own and gave the woman time to do as she had asked. "Now, try and block out the energies.  Form a wall with your thoughts to keep me out and whatever you do, keep your fingers on the crystal..."

Kayndar suddenly has a powerful and irrational desire to fling her had away from the pulsing crystal as Lerissa exerts her powers upon her (Betrayal: 12 ) but she is able to overcome and resist the desire, the wall of her thoughts standing firm.  Lerissa beamed at her and spoke aloud. "Very good!  Almost everyone fails to block a suggestion the first time.  Have you had experience with this before?"  Lerissa spends the rest of the evening with Kayndar, allowing her to gain experience with her mental defences.  Sometimes her hand stayed on the crystal, and sometimes with a look of chagrin she flung it away, but by the end she at least new what she was up against and her confidence in her ability to resist had grown..... 


Edited by user Tuesday, September 21, 2010 8:24:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

liefone  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 5:24:55 PM(UTC)
liefone

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2009(UTC)
Posts: 351

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 Why was Leaf labeled inactive? 

 

After being told the mission Leafy had but one thing to say, "Nifty!" And they were off.

 

On the ship spent time just looking at the water, "The ocean is huge." he said to him self after some time of staring. Impatiantly awaiting their arrival 


And they say insanity is a bad thing...
alysium  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 5:49:14 PM(UTC)
alysium

[View User Details]
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/11/2010(UTC)
Posts: 25
Location: Bristol, UK

Thanks: 1 times

 "Isn't it?" Fie asked the elf staring into the gigantic sea. "I find it relaxing, travelling by sea. Not so keen on flying, really. I'm Fie." He extends a hand to Leafy. "I expect we'll be at sea for a good few days." Fie took a lungful of fresh sea air. "May I say... You seem awfully comfortable around the drow.I don't think I've ever met and elf and drow that seemingly get on." 

Fie smiled and sat on some crates on the main deck and produced a flute. Gently, and quietly at first, he started to play the wind instrument hoping to add some cheer into the air, and maybe draw out his new comrades. He relaxed and let the music flow from him.... 

 30 Diplomacy (Wasn't sure what else to use as an entertainment skill)  


Edited by user Tuesday, September 21, 2010 5:51:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Augrimm  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 5:55:41 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Leafy is labeled 'inactive' because you haven't clicked on the active box on his character sheet in the vault. 


RichardM  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 6:19:17 PM(UTC)
RichardM

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 1/20/2004(UTC)
Posts: 3,130
Location: Las Vegas

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)

 I updated him for you Liefone.  That "inactive" text was specifically added to help us realize there might be a problem and fix it, so it worked, yay. :)  Updates coming tonight. 


Having problems? Contact me via email rmathis _at webcomic _dot_ net
Burning Wheel Rules Summary
My Websites: topwebcomics.com | Dark Mythos | Dndorks.com
dying_inxs  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2010 11:11:11 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Locking eyes with Lady Jhanif as she greets them Kvahlin is a little stuned almost rdy to draw on his new armor and weapons thinking trap he stops when he see's Kayndar at ease figuring if shes calm and trusting this women he could to but several times during the explnation of events he locks eyes with her he can feel her haterd or is it his own for Lady Jhanif for undermining his postion at the achamey ... after hearing the reward for completing the assinged quest he gets up and says "sure " nothing else and follows kayndar to the ship ...

on the ship Kahlvlin spend most of his time on the Deck of the ship learning how to keep balance by practiceing his sword play. when not on the deck he spends his time bonding with his new weapon.

listens to fie and leafys conversation

" the ocean is the tears of Eberron is what my father told me " "Eberron crys over the Syberys death and created the oceans "

liefone  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 1:04:56 AM(UTC)
liefone

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2009(UTC)
Posts: 351

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 "It's bigger than I though it would be, or and nifty religion-in-al? ..." he pasues a moment, "Religion stuff." leaf replies.

shaking his hand and listening to what he has to say, taken by suprise by his thoughts on drow and elves, "Why would I not be comfortable around a drow, I can think of no reason to be uncomfortable" He replies. 


Edited by user Wednesday, September 22, 2010 1:10:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

And they say insanity is a bad thing...
RichardM  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 4:55:44 AM(UTC)
RichardM

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 1/20/2004(UTC)
Posts: 3,130
Location: Las Vegas

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)

 Lady Jhanif nods to Fie, "Hurry back my sweet, I have another mission after this whole thing is taken care of."

Jorin replies to Lerissa's Sending.  "I understand.  Still weak.  Take plenty of notes, I look forward to the research paper!  Be Safe, I'll miss you"

 

The group makes their way to the bottom of Sharn and out onto the docks.  There, Fie leads the group to a long, narrow galleon emblazoned with the name "The Dolair".  Around the center of the long ship is a large ring, half submerged.  A clear fluid, like a bubble of water, shimmers around the ring, a powerful water elemental that will provide great momentum to the ship.

Despite having the ring, it still has large, beautiful sails with the symbol of a howling wolf emblazoned in red, the symbol of Karrnath.

A tall, muscular human with short-cropped black hair and a light gray shirt with ragged cut-off arms stands at the top of the gang plank.  "Ho! Greetings! I'm first mate, Arik.", smiling to the changeling, " Fie, glad to see you! Everything is ready sir! Captain Atrak awaits you in the war room."

Fie leads the group up the gang plank, gesturing at a few deck hands to grab the group's belongings and take them to their rooms, then leads them down into the room underneatth he upper deck, the "war room".

The War Room on The Dolair

A few steps down leads into a single large room, where a half-elf stands brooding, looking down at a large shimmering map.  The map looks like a sheet of glass, and inside is a meticulously drawn map of the northern area of Xendrik.  The captain takes a large polished stone and drags it across the glass occasionally, causing the image to ripple and move to another similarly well prepared map.  

Finally noticing your presence, the captain looks up at you, "Here is our destination", he slides the stone across the glass again, focusing on a small island a bit off the coast of Xendrik, labeled "The Isle of Nightmare's Edge".  "Optimistic name, eh?  This description was found in an old reference from an elf's journal.  We don't know whats there, other than that our prey wants to be there, so I hope the Lady's faith in your abilities is well-placed."

"Our ship has a crew of thirty sailors, ten karnathi marines, and two handlers  for those marines.  Two ballistae are mounted on the front, a catapult above us, and we have both harpoons and flechetes, with enough line to hopefully catch the Frozen Zephyr if we happen to get close enough.  Our ship is fast, damn fast, and I'll be asking the storms to help give our sails as much wind as they can take. " at this, he holds up his left hand showing the Dragonmark that winds around it, down the arm, up the shoulder, and seems to extend a bit onto his right arm as well, a mighty DragonMark, to be so large.  "Our only potential issue is potentially dealing with the SeaDevils, sahuagin.  We've brought tribute, and I know a tribe that might let us through their water."

>>>>Respond here

Later, communion between Lerissa and the Mask

The mask responds to some of the questions of Lerissa

Do you have a name?

I am the Caretaker.

How had its spirit become one with the Mask

I do not understand.

What was the mask's significance?

I do not understand.

Did it know anything about what hadh appened to Galadriel's Hand.

He channeled divine energies through someone infected with a Fear's psionic poison, creating a feedback loop focused through one hand.

 

 Ok, long narrative, sorry everyone. 

Having problems? Contact me via email rmathis _at webcomic _dot_ net
Burning Wheel Rules Summary
My Websites: topwebcomics.com | Dark Mythos | Dndorks.com
Frandal  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 12:08:54 PM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Nice RP Augrimm something like that was exactly what I had in mind. In order not to cover the forum with our own posts I think that letting it with your great narration is ok :)  

 

Kayndar spent the time of the travesy practicing with Lerissa, and making friendship with Atrak learning how to manage the power of her Drangonmark. She stills don't show it in public, it seems that she is waiting for something, and she only speaks with Khalvin of that matter when they are alone.

"I don't think the destination of the thieves is a coincidence... " says when they know the name of the island they are going to.


alysium  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 12:23:55 PM(UTC)
alysium

[View User Details]
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/11/2010(UTC)
Posts: 25
Location: Bristol, UK

Thanks: 1 times

 Fie turned to the group, and attempted to reassure them. "As you can see, the ship is well equipped to handle any situation. I've sailed with this crew before and they can be trusted to get us to our destination in one piece." He looked at the map, then at Atrak and nodded solemnly. "How long do you think we'll be at sea?"

 28 Diplomacy to help reassure the group that it is safe enough on board the Dolair.  


Augrimm  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 4:03:11 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Lerissa has some follow up to her regarding her communion with the mask:

In response to the questions it doesn't understand she conjures forth the vision the Caretaker had given her earlier involving the last moment's of it's previoius host's life. "From this vision it appears that you were once a seperate creature from the Mask, a Yuan-ti.  Your home was attacked, you people slaughtered........ All in order to obtain the Mask.  Now your spirit seems to dwell within that same Mask I now wear.  Why were those people willing to go to such lengths to obtain this artifact?  For surely it must hold some significance for even the evil hearted to go to such lengths to obtain it."

In reference to it's name, "You are called the Caretaker?  What is it that you care for if you don't mind me prying?"

In reference to Galadriel's hand, "Feedback?  Is it's effects dangerous?  And if so how can it be cured?"

 

In between her communions and Kayndar's lessions, Lerissa spends some time talking to the crew and studying the ship to mention in  her  paper for Jorin...... she shakes her head in amusement at the thought that even when on a dangerous mission, she still gets homework.  It seemed unreal to her that the sahuagin would attack a ship this large and armed, not to mention an elemental of this size.......

While she talks she tries not to get in the way of their duties and though the roiling of her stomache had not eased, she did find the salty wind of the sea to be refreshing and in a strange way exilerating.  She did have some trepidations about their destination though.......

The Fears the Mask could summon, The Nightmare that existed in symbiosis with Illiam's mind, and now headed to an island called Nightmare's Edge?  And the Lady Jhanif..... 300 platinum each was a princely sum, even for someone of her obvious wealth.  Add to that the costs of obtaining this ship and supplies..... the Lady's pride must be large indeed to warrant such an expense.  Unless she was not as innocent as she claimed.... unless their was a more sisnister reason to send them all near Xendrik.....


Edited by user Wednesday, September 22, 2010 4:09:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RichardM  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 5:20:26 PM(UTC)
RichardM

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 1/20/2004(UTC)
Posts: 3,130
Location: Las Vegas

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)

 Captain Atrak replies to Fie, "I expect the journey to take no more than 3 days.  It'll be cutting it close, as the airship will take no more than 5, and they've already got one day on us.  My hope is that however they've taken control of the ship, that the Captain, Liandra, isn't using her DragonMark to its fullest, possibly pushing it off to 6 days, giving you one to two days at the island before they arrive."

Captain Atrak senses some of the group's feelings towards the sahuagin, "Don't discount the sea devils, we come armed to discourage them, but as big as the ocean is, whats underneath is larger.  We'll do our best to bribe them so that we don't waste time having to fight them."


Later, while Lerissa communes with the Caretaker mask 

...visions of yuan-ti previous life.

The serpent was my previous host.  She convinced me she could become a goddess, but in the end, she failed, I hope you fare better.

Why were those people willing to go to such lengths to obtain the mask?

The Sarlonans do not respect the faith of others, I can only guess they wanted me out of their empire so as to not continually having to defeat my hosts.

What do you care for?

The better question is, what do you care for.  Who will be your children, look to you for guidance? I have seen within you, you have the makings of a goddess, you could succeed where others have failed, my purpose could be fulfilled with you.  Your blood runs thick with the blood of the divine.

Galadriel's Hand and its cure

One should not channel divine energy through someone infected with the poison of a Fear if one does not wish to be permanently changed.

 


Having problems? Contact me via email rmathis _at webcomic _dot_ net
Burning Wheel Rules Summary
My Websites: topwebcomics.com | Dark Mythos | Dndorks.com
alysium  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 6:03:09 PM(UTC)
alysium

[View User Details]
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/11/2010(UTC)
Posts: 25
Location: Bristol, UK

Thanks: 1 times

 Fie mulled over the information the captain just fed to him. "What we need," he started saying, almost to himself, "is a psionic who could possibly locate Liandra, and plant a suggestion that there is no great urgency for them to reach their destination. Failing that though, even one day on the island ahead of these theives would be advantageous!" A serious look danced over Fie's features. "Get us there before they arrive and I will see to it you're duly rewarded."

Fie turned his attention from the Dolair's captain to the maps. "Tell me, captain. What do you know about the Nightmare Isles?" 


HaplessWithDice  
#20 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 7:51:26 AM(UTC)
HaplessWithDice

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/17/2009(UTC)
Posts: 213

Thanks: 2 times

 I figure I'll Continue Kayndar's RP segment since it seems logical and all.  Sorry about the late start in here.  Probably should have thought about subscribing to the thread about starting this game. 

"I won't abandon you." Korihor says to the drow woman as she spoke to him on deck. What he doesn't say is that not only will he not abandon her, he would forsake vows sworn to eldritch patrons for her sake. He could feel the jealousy of the master of those pacts at his hearts affection toward the woman. Kyhber could have his soul but it seemed the heart was beginning to yearn for another master. "No matter what that land throws at us, I won't let it have any part of you."  His eyes look at hers with the ferver of one who knows fear.

"Who ever she is, if she is this place of nightmares, the heart of darkness,  or all of Xen'drik I will give her the fear you feel back."  He looks at her reaching out with his hand to brush away the hair blown by the sea breeze.  Offering her his confidence to lean on and bolster her heart.

Edited by user Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:14:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Users browsing this topic
Guest (Hidden)
9 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.1 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 1.252 seconds.