logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MariachiDevil  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2010 12:25:48 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Starting the game here, you'll all be started in Talabheim at the end of winter. I'll set everything up tonight.
MariachiDevil  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2010 6:42:21 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 

 Malicant Sigmarson

Male Human Soldier

WS 31 BS 29 S 31 T 32 Ag 31 Int 35 WP 29 Fel 35

A 2 W 5/12 SB 3 TB 3 M 4 Mag 0 IP 1 FP 3

Talents: Strong-minded, Excellent vision, Quickdraw, Strike Mighty Blow, Specialist Weapon Group(Two-handed), Rapid Reload, Strike to Stun
 

Skills: Gossip, Speak Language (Reikspiel), Knowledge (Empire), Dodge Blow, Heal, Perception, Ride, Intimidate
 

Trappings: Shield, Hand Weapon, Light Armour (Full Leather), Uniform, Backpack, Waterskin, Blanket, Common Clothing, Dagger, Wooden Tankard, Wooden Cutlery Set, Halberd, 18 gold 

 

 

Harkin

 WS 47 BS 36 S 28 T 44 Ag 25 Int 35 WP 34 Fel 19

A 1 W 13/14 SB 2 TB 4 M 3 Mag 0 IP 0 FP 1

Skills: Common Knowledge (Dwarfs), Speak Language (Khazalid, Reikspiel), Trade (), Concealment, Follow Trail, Outdoor Survival, Perception, Search, Set Trap, Secret Signs (Ranger), SWG (Longbow)

Talents: LIghtning Reflexes, Marksman, Dwarfcraft, Grudge-born Fury, Night Vision, Resistance to Magic, Stout-hearted, Sturdy, Rapid Reload

Trappings: Axe, Longbow, 10 Arrows, 2 Animal Traps, Antitoxin Kit, Backpack, Waterskin, Blanket, Common Clothing, Dagger, Wooden Tankard, Wooden Cutlery Set, 16 gc 19 silver 

 

 

Konigsvald Heirdor

WS

BS

S

T

Ag

Int

WP

Fel

34%

30%

31%

27%

30%

32%

30%

29%

 

 

A

W

SB

TB

M

Mag

IP

FP

1

13

3

2

4

0

0

3

 

 

Male Human Bailiff

Skills:CK (Empire)+10%, Gossip+10%, SL (Reikspiel), AK (Law), Charm, Navigation, Perception, Read/Write, Ride
Talents: Acute Hearing, Resistance to Poison, Public Speaking, Super Numerate
Trappings:Light Armour (Leather jack and skullcap), Good Craftsmanship Clothing
Armour: Head 1, Body 1, Arms 1, Legs 0 

 

 Nathandar Breitenbach

Male Human Vagabond

WS 40 BS 32 31 T 32 Ag 31 Int 37 WP 33 Fel 39

W 7/12 SB TB 3 M Mag 0 IP 1 FP 3

Skills: Gossip+10%, Haggle, Outdoor survival, Perception, Silent move, Common Knowledge(Empire & Kislev), Speak language(Reikspiel), Navigation, Secret sings(thieve's)

Talents: Excellent vision, Super Numerate, Seasoned Traveler, Fleet footed, Orientation.

Trappings: Backpack, 1 week's Rations, Tent, Waterskin, Blanket, Common Clothing, Dagger, Wooden Tankard, Wooden Cutlery Set, 12 gc 


Edited by user Thursday, March 24, 2011 5:27:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Augrimm  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2010 3:30:07 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Dont forget that Malicant has an attack stat of 2.  Not sure what the other stats I'm missing are......


MariachiDevil  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2011 1:53:39 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 Aaaand finally all the characters are up (hopefully) as they should be, if anyone has any questions ask them now, I'll get the ball rolling:

 On the outskirts of Talabheim, city in the crater, there is a noticeboard that stands next to one of the mountain tracks the leads up to the city. Countless messages have been pasted, nailed or carved onto its wooden boards, from perfectly penned parchment to charcoal on leather or even the occasional message etched on steel and hammered on.

Three figures stand around the board, huddled under its shelter as a cold rain spits down. It was barely an hour ago that they were sitting in the warmth of a tavern's common room, each being approached by a cloaked man and offered a job.

The tallest, Malicant, was offered a chance to root out evil.
The shortest, Harkin, was offered a glorious death.
The final, Nathandar, was tempted with a generous reward.

Now each squints at the same piece of leather with a carefully drawn map burnt into it, detailing the location of an old keep that has been the site of a series of mysterious disappearances lately. 


Augrimm  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2011 4:57:07 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Malicant squinted at the leather map, his face seemly frozen halfway between a frown and a scowl.  If he was bothered by the cold rain that streamed from his wide-brimmed hat and soaked through his cloak he gave no sign. His gaze flickered from the map to glance quickly at his companions.

  The dwarf he felt comfortable with, fore they had long been allies of his people against the darkness.  Tales told that Sigmar himself had befriended their people. Of Nathandar he was not so certain...... there was something about the  man that gave him a sinister, roguish quality....

Shifting his hands on the haft of his halberd, he gave himself a mental reminder to oil his weapons thoroughly when he had the chance.  Turning to the others he said, "Shall we be off then?"


Tuomari  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2011 6:05:54 PM(UTC)
Tuomari

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/19/2009(UTC)
Posts: 697
Location: Finland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

"Yes, the sooner we leave, sooner we get payed and I can get back on the road." Nathandar answers being slightly worried of the man who looks like witch hunter, during his travels he's seen enaugh men being burned for various reasons by those men. And sees his best intrests would be to not anger either one untill they can part their ways.


Sane when drunk, Crazy when sober.
dying_inxs  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2011 3:48:26 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

"Lets move" says Harkin the rain makeing lines on his face clear the mud and gunk that pile on there its obvious he hasnt bathed in a while

"lets go find my glory and put my fathers soul to rest"


MariachiDevil  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2011 12:50:02 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 The keep is about two days travel to the west, but you'll have to cross the Talabec River at some point to get to it. There are ferries crossing very close to you or a bridge about a day downstream.

If you take the ferries, you'll be able to stop at a small fishing village on your way through. If you take the bridges, there's a small waystation where you could rest.


Augrimm  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2011 4:33:14 AM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 As they begin walking Malicant dicusses their route. "The ferries seem the most direct path to our objective. I say we cross aboard one of them rather than the bridge, though a night in a waystation would be preferable to a stinking fisherman's hut." 


Tuomari  
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2011 7:23:07 PM(UTC)
Tuomari

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/19/2009(UTC)
Posts: 697
Location: Finland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 "I say we go by road, I've never really enjoyed the water ways, but if it's faster I have nothing against it. As for sleeping, well after few nights sleeping few feet away from fresh pile of horse crap, fishes smell rather good." Nathandar comments to just make a conversation.


Sane when drunk, Crazy when sober.
dying_inxs  
#11 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2011 2:36:04 AM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

i dont like water and downn right hate boats i say road but if u all want to get there quickliy i can stomach it...


MariachiDevil  
#12 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2011 8:33:24 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 It sounds like the road and waystation are the way to go then? Neither route will be faster and there seems to be a lot of anti-water sentiment. 

Augrimm  
#13 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2011 9:16:13 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Oh, well if both will take about the same time then sure, Malicant will go for the bridge. 


Tuomari  
#14 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2011 11:10:35 PM(UTC)
Tuomari

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/19/2009(UTC)
Posts: 697
Location: Finland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 That way he manages to avoid that smelling village of fishermen too BigGrin so lets hit the road then  so lets hit the road


Sane when drunk, Crazy when sober.
Augrimm  
#15 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2011 1:00:54 AM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Indeed! :) 


MariachiDevil  
#16 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2011 2:16:09 PM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 Alrighty, this seems like a good time to introduce you to the combat system. It's fairly easy; to hit you just need to roll below your WS or BS on a d100. Damage is your Strength Bonus + 1d10 (For the hand weapons, at least, longbows do a fixed 1d10+4).

You can perform a number of different combat actions, like charge, defensive stance, disengage but I'll explain those as we go.

You can move a number of squares (2 yards by 2 yards) each round equal to your Movement (M) characteristic.

If you want to do something else let me know and I'll fill you in.

 

 As the three of you set off down the road, the rain lets up a little. The gravel path is dry enough that it doesn't slow you down, though the grass to either side of it is soggy and the ground is soft.

About an hour out of town you are passing through a small forest on the same path when there is a shout and two men jump out of the trees ahead of you. They are dressed in tatty leather clothing and carry rusty axes, but they look like they know how to use their weapons.

The one on the left spits at your feet and leers, "Dwarves don't go nowhere without their gold, you'd better hand it over if you don't want trouble!" 


Augrimm  
#17 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2011 5:48:04 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

So with a 31 strength, what is my str bonus?   I believe one of my talents also adds to melee damage(Strike Mighty Blow)..... Also how does my Strike to Stun talent work?


Edited by user Saturday, January 8, 2011 7:21:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tuomari  
#18 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2011 11:49:56 PM(UTC)
Tuomari

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/19/2009(UTC)
Posts: 697
Location: Finland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 Strength bonus is the first number of strength in this case 3. Strike mighty blow adds +1 bonus to damage and strike to stun in it you roll for your strength value(31 or less from d100) if succesfull opponent rolls for his toughness if it fails opponent is stunned(does not do any actions) for 1d10 turns. 

Remember that Halberg  can be fast(making dodges less likely to succeed) or Slow&Impact(dodges more likely to succeed but you can roll an extra d10 to make damage)

And heres my initiative(its 1d10+agility) 35 

 

"How about you give your coins to us!" Nathandar yells and draws his axe and prepares for the robbers attack.

 

 Drawing a weapon and taking defencive stance consume his turn... but at least Nathandar is not that easy to hit now Tongue

Turn has an action which can be two half actions or one full action, for Malicant to use both of his attacks he needs to do full action but he can do one attack with just half action leaving room for additional action. There are also free actions but maybe it's best that if there is something you want to do but not sure of how it works just describe it and either me or Mariachi clears it up. Example: moving is half action while charge is full action with one attack but has better change to hit.  Moving is an half action

And I just noticed i've made simple mistake, Main Gauche is parrying weapon and they Need Specialist weapon group to use d'oh! Oh well I'll just wait for opportunity to get that talent.


Edited by user Sunday, January 9, 2011 12:02:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sane when drunk, Crazy when sober.
Augrimm  
#19 Posted : Sunday, January 9, 2011 4:26:33 AM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Initiative: 37

Malicant hefts his halberd into a ready position and scowls at the poorly armed men. "Bandits........ You bar our righteous path.  Move or be removed."


dying_inxs  
#20 Posted : Sunday, January 9, 2011 11:54:35 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

19 Initiative

I see do wish to bring me the sweet release of death? he pulls out his axe let be known i wont go easy!


Users browsing this topic
Guest (Hidden)
9 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.1 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.442 seconds.