logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tuomari  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2011 10:09:31 PM(UTC)
Tuomari

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/19/2009(UTC)
Posts: 697
Location: Finland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 Camp Ivan Denisovich, SICON boot camp, Siberia

 

"Listen up apes!" You hear Sgt. Håkans loud voice and you turn to face him towards the door of your barrack "Grap your gear and rifles and head for the quarter master, he'll assing you the ammunition and shocksticks! From there to the parade ground!" You barely have answered loud 'Yes Sir!' when he continues "And Recruit Connor you are assinged as squad leader for this. Now on the douple rookies!"

Once you've got the 'Raider' suits on you grapped your rifles and ran to the Quartermaster 2nd lieutenant Wilkins "Each one of you gets three clips of rubber bullets and Shockstick, squad leders get two 'smokeys' to go with them." The clips and sticks are handed out in rapid phase and after gaining your gear you run towards the grounds where some of the other platoons have gatherd to.

Major Andropov starts the briefing once all the men have arrived "SICON has ordered us to reinforce local law enforcement in Jekaterinburg to calm down riots. You are to calm the athmostphere with your presence and you are not allowed to engage in combat with civilians unless you are under clear threath of attack! In five minutes your transports will land and take off immidiately every one is onboard. At the destination a local police officers take the squads with them in the designated area. That is all."

Four minutes later you see the boats flying towards the camp and staff sergeants and corporals stat yelling their orders for their recruits and boarding is finished within couple minutes. As you wait for the flight to end you notice how differently other act, some are eager for some real action at last while some are nervous of the task ahead. 

 

 Make one post what you do while on the flight. Mariachi you have following gear for this part: Morita rifle with 90 rounds in 3 clips, Shockstick (in melee it is that or 1d3 of fist/gun), 2 smoke hand grenades filled with teargas(targets will feel nauseous for 2 turns) and raider body armor it gives you defence bonus of +4 and damage reduction of 1 you get your full dex bonus aplied to it. Any guestions so far?ion of


Sane when drunk, Crazy when sober.
MariachiDevil  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2011 1:48:51 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
As he receives his temporary promotion, Tank barely manages to stutter "Y-yes sir!" before his squad is deployed. He adjusts his armor as best he can, but it still chafes in all the same places. Short of barking a few orders out, he remains stony-faced and silent for most of the flight over. The few friends he has made know that this is just his way of dealing with stress, but to the others he just looks intimidating and a bit dangerous.
His knuckles itch, and he has to remind himself that he'll be leading by example in this mission, so as much as he'd like to knock a few heads, it will be a last resort. Oh, and he has a shock stick, so no fists... Damn.
Tuomari  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2011 9:14:52 PM(UTC)
Tuomari

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/19/2009(UTC)
Posts: 697
Location: Finland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 One of the pilots comes from the cocpit and gives short briefing.

"I just got your orders, you are to follow a local officer to your assinged ares. They are told to look for squad leader chevrons so keep good eye on your squad leaders and follow them, if not you will be considired as failing your duty. And I was told to remind you that at this point of basic training failing in your duty will drop you back in the begining and that you'd keep your shocksticks on 'stun' instead of leathal. Have a nice day, we'll land in three." The pilot returns and as soo nas no one sees him you can hear mumbeld curses of navy and flyboys, exept the female recruit sitting two seats from your left curses of not paying attention to school math before aplying to military.

The boats land in the time you were told and hatches were opened at the moment it touched down. As you disembark Connor feel some one tapping his shoulder and yells "You and you, follow me!" One other squad leader reacts and follows the police with you. Once you have left the landing zone you look back to see if every one of your squad is following you, no one seems to be missing.

As you move through the empty streets the guiding police explains what the two squads need to do. "While you were on route here a group of rioters barricaded themselves with in a mall and so far we haven't been able to negotiate them out. We have promision to use you to drive them out there with any non-leathal means available. I'll take you to the intended entry point but from there you are on your own." "

Several blocks from the landing zone you see large shopping mall which windows and front door are covered and four police cars surrounding it. "You will enter to teh amll through roof. once you have clibed to the 4th floor of that building we will shoot ziplines for you. And be carefull, You are facing a group of anarchist and other rioters they convinced to barricade that building. We have no accurate estimate on the number of people in there or what weapons they have. Take care." He points you at the building next to the mall and once donethat he runs towards one of the police cars surrounding the bulding. You hear grubling of how all the crapy jobs are allways left to Mobile Infantry as you move towards the building you were pointed at.

Once the two squads reach the 4th floor you are taken to four separate apartments from which the lines are deployed and you starts you decent towards the roof. So far you have no visual of the rioters and within wo minuts every one is deploytd at the roof and one of the men from the second squad is at the door ready to open it up. 

 

Want to prepare something ready, ask of the situation from the police or just go on with it? also the other squad is from another company so you don't really know anyone in that squad so I'll be referring to them as Squad 2 and Squad 2's leader from now, unless Inx gets his guy up soon as he can pick any guy from Mariachis squad or from the other squad, even it's leader. 


Sane when drunk, Crazy when sober.
MariachiDevil  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2011 4:34:50 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
To the police: "officer, any idea on the sort of weaponry these rioters have? I'd hate to tell my boys to expect sticks and then have to deal with guns. I'm treating this as a sweep out, if you hear of any hostages or important civs within te building, I wish to know immediately."

To the squad: "Ok, meatbags, we've got potentially hostile civs inside, they aren't scary and they aren't disciplined, so basically they aren't us. I want every single one of you, right now, to make sure your shocksticks are on stun. If I find that you've failed to do this, you're going to be eating through a straw for a month. If any of you knuckle draggers *kill* a civ, you jaw will be the least of your worries. Packs of three, watch your flanks. Move out!"
Tuomari  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2011 12:37:48 PM(UTC)
Tuomari

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/19/2009(UTC)
Posts: 697
Location: Finland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 remeber you guns have rubber bullets meaning you do non-leathal damge when shooting too. 

 

 "They haven't shot at us yet but reports from other parts of town indicate small number of handguns, mostly rioters are armed with anything longer than arm or what they can throw at us, that includes burning botles. As for hostages we can't tell. The mall was open normally so any number of civilians may be present, though we have no way of telling them apart from rioters, some may have been persuaded to join in their movement. If we hear anything we'll inform you through your radios." the police answers before leaving you to his own task.

 

On the roof

The threats work and every oone from your squad checks that the stick are on stun and douple check that heir guns are loaded and ready. As soon as the both squads are ready the leader of Squad 2 yells "Let's take names and kick ass!" as soon as he finishes one of his men to open up the door. 2nd Squad is faster at entering the building and while you are right behind them only thing you can hear is the air conditioning and boots hitting the floor.

As the two squads move through the office floor you see or hear nothing. Not a single one of the workers there in couple minutes you have sweeped the offices and you only found sings of fighting, but no bodies or hiding civilians. Intead you find the floor plans. 

What do you do?

 The building is in three floors currently you are in the second floor office area, you have two exits from there(the one you came from and to the shopping are) The shopping area in second floor goes around a opening in the middle of the building from wich people could see to the floor below. first floor is similar exept that in center is couple small shops and stairs to the basement level which is half the size of the two upper floors. The mall has 2 elevators, both in your side of the building, one staircase going in middle of the mall from besement to second floor and each floor has two emergency exits, expet in the basement which has none.

You may plan yourself or roll a d20+tactics below DC limit you stick to the basic military tactics in urban warfare and above it you improvise it a bit. You do not know any exact numbers or possible locations. Instead of being a devil I tell why so: You are still under going basic training and SICON treats this as a test of skils for the men involved and the police officers were forbiden to provide you any help aside for what was extremely neccesary, so doing well may give you credit but doing badly will give you 'penalties'. 


Sane when drunk, Crazy when sober.
MariachiDevil  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2011 1:29:16 PM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 Tank steps forwards and grabs the shoulder of the second squad leader. "Cover us, we'll sweep this floor and head up, into the mall. Then you head down and we'll cover you from the upper floors of the mall." 


Edited by user Monday, May 23, 2011 1:31:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tuomari  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2011 2:33:45 PM(UTC)
Tuomari

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/19/2009(UTC)
Posts: 697
Location: Finland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 The other leader nods and sets his men next to a door so they can move up to cover your squads advance, you notice how the soldier going second from the door swiches to Shockstick. The leader nods at your direction as a sing to be ready to go. You nod back once your squad is in position and immidiate after wards the second squad storms through the door taking the rioter right behind it by suprise with the shockstick and two others at the end of corridor meet a hail of bullets from the first and third man, falling down the ground whining, but alive. The second squad takes positions at the end of the corridor and force the rioters on second floor to keep their heads down, while moving the three downed rioters to the office and tying them there for duration of the sweep. As you move to secure the second floor you see a glimpse of what the rioters had planned. 

 Directly opposite of the office corridor lies the staircase and to your left and right are the elevators, after them come the shops. The elevators, stairs are now covered by the other squad so you can move to the shops with out having to fear rioters from gaining reinforcements to your flank.

The rioters had set up positions preparing to meet assault from the street level by placing men with burning bottles and other throwable items in the upper floor, one such stack was in between the two men the 2nd squad downed, you still do not know what lies in the two lover levels.

What is your order to your squad and your own action? You can move to the left and right and in both directions there are two other rioters(four in total at the moment in your field of vision) currently trying to get in cover.

Roll for initiative. Your squad: 17, 2nd squad: 16, Rioters: 14 


Sane when drunk, Crazy when sober.
MariachiDevil  
#8 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2011 3:33:17 PM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 "Go go go! We have contact, take them out. Weapons hot, people."

 Initiative: 1

EDIT: FML.

 


Tuomari  
#9 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2011 4:47:45 PM(UTC)
Tuomari

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/19/2009(UTC)
Posts: 697
Location: Finland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 Your Squad

The squad splits in two, half going to the right and half to the left. On both sides two soldiers open fire while two others check the first shops. Your combat pair watches your back and waits for you to move.

 Shooters: R1 9 miss R2 7 miss L3 1 miss L4 15 damage 11 (the -2 is because of -4 from not being proficent with the weapon but the avarage dex is +2) 

Sweepers in the right side spot nothing, but those in left notice that several hardware tools are missing from the stands.

 

2nd Squad

The cover fire they provide is keeping rioters in the three other sides of this floor down and preventing any one entering from the floor below, allowing your squad move uninterupted.

 

Rioters

From the four man your squad fired at one falls down unconsious and the two in the right surrender being scared from the close call, but the last man in the left manages to get in cover of one of the shops.

You hear yelling from the first floor "Eat this goverment dogs!" and see three bottles flying.

 to hit in the 2nd floor their throws have to pass a railing(glass wall) giving soldiers a +4 in their defence 3 6 13 

Two of the bottles don't even get close but the third hit the railing spilling the burning liquid. Thanks to the wall none of it gets even close of the soldiers. 

 

 Your turn and once anyone intrested has posted your character you can pick any recruit(the squads are 10 man sized during bootcamp so there are 19 others but only one of them also has teargas with him/her) 


Sane when drunk, Crazy when sober.
MariachiDevil  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:19:07 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 Tobias pushes forwards, bringing his team with him and pushing them to spread out along the glass railing, which will hopefully provide enough cover.

"Suppressive fire, we're not staying here long." He orders, feeling a bit of a thrill as he barks commands.

He then leans his gun on the railing and opens fire on the man who threw the bottle bombs: 5

 Bleh, I guess the strain of command is too much for his gun arm :P 

 


Tuomari  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:46:06 AM(UTC)
Tuomari

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/19/2009(UTC)
Posts: 697
Location: Finland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 I'll continue once Dying_Inxs and Frandal have rolled their initiatives and decided in which squad they are and do they want to be the leader of the 2nd squad. 


Sane when drunk, Crazy when sober.
dying_inxs  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 5:04:41 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 

WhiteSnake look at the situation i guess were going down he says to him self wondering why he got the worst bit of duty examines seeing if theres any better soultion

 

 Lan "white snake" Fielding is in control of squad 2

what equpiment do we have ?

rolls i missed in case you need em

 intative 10

tatics 11

 

i got to tell you jumping into a modern game is messing with my head i usally only play fantsy based lol this looks like its gonna be fun 


Frandal  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 5:09:56 PM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

The quiet spanish was following Tobias and was at the end of the squad. He aims carefully and remembered what his grandfathers used to tell him when they went to hunt " breath slowy.. get your prey... now pull the trigger with care... "

 Initiative: 19 


Tuomari  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 5:12:32 PM(UTC)
Tuomari

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/19/2009(UTC)
Posts: 697
Location: Finland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 look up to the first post you get the exactly same stuff as Mariachi and Frandall and any one else same exept for the teargas.

 

Current tactical situation: Connors squad is moving to secure this floor while he and his pair are keeping tehrioters down below in order(or not lets see the rolls after Frandal) So your squad is left to move to opposite side of the floor where stairs are along with the 4 sweepers, and once this floor is sweeped you were recomended to move to first floor while the other squad provides fire cover.

You don't come up with anything else right now. Frandal you go first.

And I forgot the two of you didn't have rules, Morita deals 2d8 damage+dex bonus and shockstick 1d8 you can use it in melee or to 'shoot stream or electricity to short distance away. tossing grenades itself doesn't need roll for accuracy for soldiers, I roll it for civilians to portray the difference in skill. currently all of you -4 to hit rolls for not being proficient with rifles, it was one of the things removed from lv 0 trooper so you'll get it soon enaugh. 


Edited by user Tuesday, May 24, 2011 5:46:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sane when drunk, Crazy when sober.
Frandal  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:41:09 PM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

David waits for the rioter to stand up and look to throw antoher botlle. Before she can starts the throw movement he fires his Morita...

 

 19 ( -4 non-proficency / +3 DEX ) / damage: 12 


Tuomari  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 7:45:19 PM(UTC)
Tuomari

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/19/2009(UTC)
Posts: 697
Location: Finland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 After Tobias shot and missed David backed him up and hits, taking out one of the three throwers.

 

Tobias squad

The two sweepers to the right drag the surrendered rioters towards the ones prisoned earlier, while the two shooters follow Tobias's order and realeasing a hail of bullets downwards. In left the sweepers move to the next shop, where the rioter had taken cover as the shooters turn to shoot down too.

 R1 6 R2 6  L3 10  damage 6 L4 5 

 

Lan squad

The men move closer to railing and continues the supressive fire to the oposite of the squads and down.

 1 4  2 -1  3 10 damge    damage 7 4 5  5 14  damage 11 6 -1  7 12  damage 12 8 13  damage 13 9 8 

 

Rioters

Six more Rioters fall down unconcious and the man who dodged the bullets earlier surrendes seeing two soldiers entering the shop right behind him, a panic speards in the second floor causing any remaining rioters in that floor to run for the stairs, mean while rioters from the first floor dive in cover from the bullets shot from above, some being too slow. But this time only one flaming bootle flies at you but several more small items with them.

Untill the next Rioter turn you all get -1 to shooting because of the rain of items makes aiming harder for you.  15 (where it falls 3 ) Damage 3 (reflex roll over 10 cuts damage in half 1 12 2 19   )             ) su  

The burning bottle smashes on top of the railing spilling the liguid on top of two soldiers who barely avoid it, but suffer only minor burns. 

 

Inx and Mariachi may act now and then Frandal starts a new round so far you have taken out 13 rioters and no own losses, Well done.


Sane when drunk, Crazy when sober.
dying_inxs  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 8:39:31 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

"keep that fire comiing men !  cover Squd 1 arse  you 2 point at who he knows is his best shooters  if u see any of the rioters giving orders take em out"

Lan looks for what ever rioter looks like a leader aims and takes the shoot missing badly "

 

 

1 meehhhhhhhhhh 

do i have to role somthing to give orders?


MariachiDevil  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 12:07:42 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 Oh, I forgot we didn't get proficiency, my whole attack bonus is -4 then :\ Tank is not going to be shooting anyone for a while...

Tobias looks around for a map of the mall or something similar, he's keen to find the offices of either the security guards or mall management. He's trying to get to the PA system, so he can talk directly to all the rioters. Also, hopefully there will be security camera monitors there and he can get a better view of the placement of the rioters. 


Frandal  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 2:09:54 AM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

"Sir " says LoneWolf to Tobias. He got him offguard as he didn't heard him approach " we should use second squad to cover the stairs so no rioters could down and join the ones on the first floor" he was almost whispering so anybody but him could hear him.


MariachiDevil  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:18:40 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
"This is my command, LoneWolf, just follow my orders." snaps Tank. Normally he'd be a lot friendlier to David, or at least what passed for friendly, but taking command of the squad for the first time is making him much more short tempered.
There's that 8 charisma also :P
Users browsing this topic
Guest (Hidden)
5 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.1 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 1.369 seconds.