logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MariachiDevil  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 5:36:28 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Placeholder.


Augrimm  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 4:50:48 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Kuori takes in a deep, contented breath as the group strides towards the little inn where they would seek refuge for the night.  The little mining town, Stroggar, well suited her mountain-born sensibilities.  All around her she could see the signs of hard work and industry, of people conscientious and determined. Below her feet she could feel the strength and purity of the earth and stone.  "I wonder if they would let me explore the mines....." she thought aloud a little wistfully. 


Edited by user Friday, September 30, 2011 6:10:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Frandal  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2011 1:11:56 PM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 "I only wonder if the have a warm bath and a soft bed for tonight." Laila takes her shield from her back and put it in the floor, laying on the wall, and then she sits at the table. She looks really tired. 


Ravencrow  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2011 2:05:08 PM(UTC)
Ravencrow

[View User Details]
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/21/2011(UTC)
Posts: 287
Location: Pit of KD with Ketchup - The Ultimate Abomination

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 Upon entering the inn, Quicksilver scans the taproom for the inevitable table of elders intent on outdoing each other with stories of the past.  He catches the eye of a serving maid, holding her gaze while looking her up and down, he smiles at her knowingly.  She blushes and he gives a quiet chuckle.  He signals for a round and without ado, pulls up a chair at the elders' table.  So my friends, I am weary from the road and am in a mind for drink and tales.  Surely, such respected townsmen as yourselves have a few tales to tell? 


Tempt not the wrath of Dragons, as you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
MariachiDevil  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 2, 2011 4:03:32 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 You're all feeling bone weary and the inn is a welcome site, for days you've had countless creatures thrown against you, some mundane and some truly bizarre. This small town's pallisade and watchtower make you hopeful of a peaceful sleep tonight. 

Mostly filled with gnomes, dwarves and humans, Stroggar is as tough and hardy as the mountains around it that rise above the temperate forests of the surrounding land. You're only a few days from the buried ruins where Imirian expected the myterious orb to be, perhaps you can find some information here... 


Augrimm  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 2, 2011 9:13:51 AM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Well, gathering info in town isn't really Kuori's forte..... she's better suited to the rugged paths of the wilderness than smoky taprooms....

 Kuori carefully leans her massive, stone-headed maul against the wall behind her chair.  She perks up at Quicksilver's call for ale and tales.  She greatly enjoyed the tales of other peoples and cultures.  Maybe they would have some legends about this orb they had been searching for.....

Kuori sits gingerly upon her chair.... Why were these Lowlander seats always so small?..... and listens carefully to the talk around the tavern. 


Edited by user Sunday, October 2, 2011 2:48:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

dying_inxs  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 2, 2011 6:50:55 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Leggs bruning his outfit full of dirt . he goes up to sit next to Kori "giant who do i tell to do my landry in the inn i feel like i slept in dirt mound last night " also my bed was most uncomfortable  do u think they switch my mattress for one with goose feathers?"...

 

Daren calls tot he bar maid " good lady ! can i have some roasted duck in plum suace with a glass of water "

 

 


Augrimm  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2011 12:18:44 AM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Kuori briefly entertains a fantasy of snapping each of this pompous Lowlander whelp's fragile limbs like the brittle twigs they appeared to be.  With a sigh she pushes the image aside and says in her most civil tone, "Courtesy young Daren.  Courtesy is very important.  We are guests here... paying guests, but guests all the same.  Perhaps it would be best to ask our hosts about your laundry... instead of telling them.  And I have a name.  It's Kuori... not Giant.  'Koo-or-ee'.  I'm sure a man of your self-reputedly staggering intellect and charm can remember it."  She bats her eyelashes at him in a girlish manner and smiles at him sweetly. "If you keep referring to me as 'Giant', your next sleep won't be on top of a pile of dirt, but rather under it." 

With that made clear she also puts in an order for hot food, though a simple stew would suffice her... as long as it came in a triple sized portion.  She keeps her ears open to the conversations around her until her food arrives and asks her server, "Who would we talk to to find out more about the local legends?" 


MariachiDevil  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2011 1:10:19 PM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 Those close enough to hear the Goliath's withering scorn grin appreciatively behind their mugs, keeping their conversations quiet to catch to most of what she says. A barmaid who came to greet you as you entered hears Daren complaining and only smiles when he orders his duck.

A moment later, a burly young man appears at Kuori's side with a more appropriately sized chair, which looks well made but as worn as the rest of the establishment's furniture, clearly they are used to the lager races here. 


Augrimm  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2011 3:26:37 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Kuori thanks the young man for his effort and settles into the large chair with some relief.  She repeats her question about the whereabouts of any local lorekeeper or sage. 


Ravencrow  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2011 12:43:50 AM(UTC)
Ravencrow

[View User Details]
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/21/2011(UTC)
Posts: 287
Location: Pit of KD with Ketchup - The Ultimate Abomination

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 Quicksilver will try to see if the elders he is with are holding imformation back or if their are more interesting conversations going on.

Passive Insight: 20

Passive Perception: 18 

 

 So my friends, have any of you perhaps heard the name Imirian before? 


Tempt not the wrath of Dragons, as you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Frandal  
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2011 12:42:37 AM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Sorry guys. I wouldn't be able to post properly till next Monday. I'm attending the 18 European Iaido Championship and I wouldn't be as avaible as I would like. Feel free to post any actions you see fit for my characters... Thanks!  


MariachiDevil  
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2011 1:11:00 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 The young man who brought the chair to Kuori looks thoughtful for a moment, then answers, "I guess you could talk to Burren, he's the oldest round these parts, though you'll not catch him til morning-" he gives you directions to the man's house, which sits halfway between the town and the mines. "-aside from that we don't really bother with things that aren't mining or smithing around here... Or brewing." he adds after a moment. With a shrug he walks off.

Quicksilver finds not much but dark looks at the table he chose. It is set slightly apart from the rest of the room and all its occupants are white haired, but for the most part they are dwarves and they don't seem terribly trusting of you. One touches a hammer looped in his belt, but you think it is probably just an unconscious twitch.
Talking loudly, one dwarf turns to another. "Seems I've been reminded of a face. I'd say you'd remember him, that dark elf we caught from the raids last year. Only one who didn't get away, reckon he regretted that dearly. Can't say why I'm thinking of him now, but he danced a good long jig at the gallows."
Some of the others at the table cast furtive looks at you, unsure of how you'll react. 

Darren and Laila catch sight of a man trying to talk his way into the kitchens. While he tries to hide it, both can tell he is casting worried looks back at Quicksilver.


Ravencrow  
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2011 2:36:04 AM(UTC)
Ravencrow

[View User Details]
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/21/2011(UTC)
Posts: 287
Location: Pit of KD with Ketchup - The Ultimate Abomination

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 "Peace, good dwarf, you'll not need your hammer tonight.  'Tis true I carry the blood of my dark kin, but I also carry that of the light.  I am no threat to you or this town.  In that you have misjudged me, but it is good to err on the side of caution.  If I am not welcome at your table, I will leave you to your drinks, however I do have business in your fair town.  I'll kindly not have others spreading nasty rumours about me, when all I have offered you is my good will."  With that he catches the eye of the young man trying to enter the kitchens to let him know he has been seen.  Quicksilver walks purposely towards the young man and drapes an arm around his neck casually.  "Is there a problem sir?  If you've a problem with me, then by all means let's be gentlemen about it.  Speak your mind and have done with it, for the graciousness of this establishment is wearing thin." 

 

 


Tempt not the wrath of Dragons, as you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
dying_inxs  
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2011 11:18:19 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Daren laughs " sure thing 'Koo-or-ee' ill be sure to use you name from now on" Daren sits at the bar a seat away from Kuori he looks at the large chair and with misift in his eyes he uses his magics to unscrew the bolts and then let gravity do its work  he then turns to the bar wench and from no where pulls out a beaituiful flower " a rose for a beauty"


MariachiDevil  
#16 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2011 5:23:19 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

The dwarves are somewhat abashed, you think, though they don't make any move to make the Drow stay at the table.

 Daren's trick with Kuori's chair silences the bar, the crash is huge. The shady man takes the opporunity to push Quicksilver away from him and dash into the kitchen, rushing to the back door of the inn. 


Augrimm  
#17 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2011 6:13:06 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Kuori climbs wearily back to her feet, looking with dismay at the dismantled chair.  She casts an apologetic glance at the inn staff.  "You'll have to excuse my companion.  The basic courtesies escape his grasp it seems.  It seems I shall have to educate him in this....."  She pauses and then lowers her voice to a barely audible murmur, "... one broken bone at a time...."

Rubbing her backside she recovers her hammer and walks over to join Quicksilver, gesturing to the still swinging door to the kitchens.  "What in Kord's name was that about?" 


Ravencrow  
#18 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2011 10:01:22 PM(UTC)
Ravencrow

[View User Details]
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/21/2011(UTC)
Posts: 287
Location: Pit of KD with Ketchup - The Ultimate Abomination

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 "I'm not sure, but I intend to find out."  Pulling his hood down to cover his features, Quicksilver heads to the front door.  "Don't break Daren's fingers, we might need him later." 

 

 Ok, I'm gonna shadow fleeing boy to find out what's going on.  I have darkvision and a passive stealth of 22 so it shouldn't be too hard.  If he's just a startled local, then I'll return to the inn.  If he's meeting an agent of our enemy, I'll try to listen in, however, I'm emphasizing that I'm just scouting him out.  I don't want to rile the locals or be seen.  If it's a choice between being discovered to get information or remaining hidden but too far to get info, I'll stick to being hidden. 


Tempt not the wrath of Dragons, as you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
MariachiDevil  
#19 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 4:12:23 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 You have no problem stalking the man in the night, he fled with such haste at the start that his tracks are clear in the dirt behind the inn, and from that point you find him easily. He makes an almost direct line to one of the few farms this town offers, heading for a field. There a few trees dotted around the field, tall spreading oaks that provide ample cover for you. From your vantage point you can see the man fumbling with what looks like a scrap of paper, then there is a flash of purple light and... something zips off into the night, leaving a faint trail of purple smoke behind it. 


Ravencrow  
#20 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 5:44:29 PM(UTC)
Ravencrow

[View User Details]
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/21/2011(UTC)
Posts: 287
Location: Pit of KD with Ketchup - The Ultimate Abomination

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 Ok, time for some fun.  First I'll mark the direction the purple flash went on a tree or with a rock arrow, whatever's handy and quick.  Then I'll pull out my crossbow and sneak up close to him, then reveal my presence,  With crossbow readied, I'm going to try to intimidate some information out of him. 

 Intimidate roll: 23

Insight roll: 23 

 

 Pulling his hood back enough so his features can be seen at a close distance, Quicksilver steps out of the shadows.  "You my friend are about to have a very bad night.  I don't take kindly to those who would imperil my friends."  He parts his cloak enough so that his crossbow is clearly visible to the man, then shrugs it closed again.  "If you've thoughts of running friend, I very much doubt you can outrun this and I see very well in the darkness.  Let us be gentlemen and continue the conversation you so rudely left earlier.  Now tell me the contents of your message, the name and whereabouts of your contact, and the possible nature of any response from your contact.  Answer to my satisfaction and you will live.  Evade or lie to me and things will go... badly I'm afraid." 

 

 


Tempt not the wrath of Dragons, as you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Users browsing this topic
Guest (Hidden)
5 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.1 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.575 seconds.