logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

18 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dying_inxs  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2011 11:56:51 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

The Town of Hampton where you are local Heros has asked you to go to the main city Of Bredon no contact or trade has come from them in weeks 2 messagers who were sent havent come back either they are willing to pay 2k gold for this expedition as well as any expensives . the familys of the messagers have asked u to find out there fate as well.

 


Augrimm  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2011 12:31:40 AM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Demarius checked his equipment for the umpteenth time, making sure his shield was secure and sword loose in it's scabbard.  It had been two years since he had left the Red Hunt and he missed his old compatriots.  Surely Capernus could have devised a better plan for investigating the disappearances in Bredon.  Jamroar could have scouted out the town ahead of time with his magic.  And in battle Morgan and his mighty blade was always a comfort to have at his side...

He had needed to leave, of that he had no question.  He had needed to come to grips with the darkness sealed away inside of him, and come to terms with his true god.  It hadn't been easy to convince Caiphon that more glory could be brought to his name through heroism than conquest and slaughter.  His old self, still sealed away by the mystical bindings placed on him by the mage he had slain, disagreed.  He could feel 'his' presence stirring, always just under the surface.  With a little effort or in times of stress his 'Other Self' would become more defined, to the point where Demarius would be able to draw upon the Other's powers and skills, even unleashing the beast for a time.  The downside of coarse was that Demarius could  could 'hear' his thoughts.

Over the past two years the tiefling knight had mastered more of his old powers and abilities, but at the cost of further thinning the seals.  He feared that the day would come when he would draw too deeply upon his power and the seals would shatter completely, leaving him lost in the Other's madness..... 


Edited by user Thursday, October 6, 2011 1:40:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Frandal  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2011 12:49:32 AM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Sorry guys. I wouldn't be able to post properly till next Monday. I'm attending the 18 European Iaido Championship and I wouldn't be as avaible as I would like. Feel free to post any actions you see fit for my characters... Thanks!

I've been thinking in emuling Augrimm and take an older and more experienced version of the ranger, Frandal for this one... ;) 


Augrimm  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2011 1:12:40 AM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Yay!  A striker!  Though I suppose I'll have to edit my earlier post if Frandal is going to play.... Frandal.,,,,, :P  Thouh


Edited by user Thursday, October 6, 2011 1:39:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

dying_inxs  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2011 12:16:31 AM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

As you leave town you are given a map of  the City of Brindol you are told its a well fortified city on the summit of mount frost fang a frozen river runs in front of it and since it was built on a summit  there is little out side of the 200 foot city walls expect a 1400 foot free fall down since it is built near the cliffs edge the little bit of wild land is north of the town mostly mines and goat land The city was it self was built after the defeated of the last army of frost giant that lived on mountain who only defeated because of the changing climate ( it became to warm for comfort ) they left a small fort which was over ran by the human conquer Brindol and his army who claimed a great victory and founded the city .

Population 14000

(places of interest)

1) City Gates

2) Inn: The Stone Wyvern

3) Iouns blind eye ( magic /relic/ shop)

4) Forgotten arms ( weapon/armor smith)

5) Open Air Market

6) City tax office

7) Brindol city watch

8) Pelor's Remeber heros Mausoleum

9) Tavern: Ogre’s Skull. Next door to Inn: Sleeping Cap

10) City sundial

11) College of Ioun

16) Commons: Cathedral Square

17) Pelor Cathedral

18) Brindol Keep: seat of government

19) Brindol Barracks ( city law enforcment/army training)

21) Mausoleum  of the Raven queen

20) Gave yard

 

 

 

 

As you approach the town you see the Massive city gates smoke pillars come from the center of town the draw bridge is down but there are no guards no people entering or leaving

as you get close you notice the portcullis up but the Massive wooden doors are sealed shut there is a small door to the right it seem made of stone it looks like the guards entrance to the murder hole above you

 

 

What do you do!

 

 

 

 gonna start frandal will join later       he is not with your prty h

 


Edited by user Friday, October 7, 2011 2:11:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Augrimm  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2011 1:02:16 AM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Wait.... so the drawbridge was down but was raised as we got closer? 

 Demarius viewed the gate with growing unease.  There was just something about the words "Murder hole" that made him nervous.  He turns to Frandal and Red and whispers "I'm going to go check it out.  Cover me if you can......"

The tiefling knight walks up to the stone door and calls out, "Hello the gates!  Is anyone there?" All the while images of thrust spears and poured acid went through his mind.  Maybe he'd be lucky and there would only be burning pitch or boiling oil.... 


Ravencrow  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2011 2:21:15 AM(UTC)
Ravencrow

[View User Details]
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/21/2011(UTC)
Posts: 287
Location: Pit of KD with Ketchup - The Ultimate Abomination

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 The drawbridge is possessed and demands an offering of pumpkin seeds and witch's hair.... mwahahaha!!! 

 

 

Red sticks her tongue out at the warrior as he strides towards the gate.  She sets her bloodied teddy bear on the ground and shakes her finger at it scoldingly.  "You heard him Teddy, you watch for trouble.  Checking gates is hard work.  I'm sure he'll want a sandwich when he gets back."  She kneels on the grass and opens her basket, taking out a loaf of bread and some ham.  "Is that the honey cured ham?" asks the bear in a plaintive voice, "I hope there's enough for me too!"

"Hush Teddy, you're supposed to be watching the gate.  I'll make you one when he comes back." 


Tempt not the wrath of Dragons, as you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
dying_inxs  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2011 2:36:20 AM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 As you aproach you see one of the stones slide by "Who goes there!"   four more hidden murder hole slide open and behind them archer aimed at you  

 

 

What do u do

 

 

Frandal atm is not with the party it is just you and Red! 

 

 


Augrimm  
#9 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2011 3:00:51 AM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Demarius raises his hands in a pacifying gesture.  "Peace good gate guardians.  We have come from  Hampton.  We've had no trade or word from Bristol in weeks and the messengers that have come before us have not returned.  We've come to discover their fate and the reason for your fine city's silence."  

 Diplomacy(if necessary): 17  


dying_inxs  
#10 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2011 3:47:34 AM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

  A tear rolls down the heads Watchmens eye "so.. soo . your not  scouts from the amry of Neverwinter Pelor DAMMMIT" .. he diisapears for a bit the then little stone door opens  " lower your arms there not infected" ... he turns to you  do you have any food ?"

Come in ?" 

 

 

 

 

 

what do you do?


Edited by user Friday, October 7, 2011 3:57:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Augrimm  
#11 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2011 11:49:51 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Demarius waves Red forward and then unshoulders his pack.  Reaching in he takes out half of the rations he has and hands them to the guard.  "Infected?  What has happened here?" 


Ravencrow  
#12 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2011 2:31:21 AM(UTC)
Ravencrow

[View User Details]
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/21/2011(UTC)
Posts: 287
Location: Pit of KD with Ketchup - The Ultimate Abomination

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 Teddy announces the all clear as Red finishes making Demarius' sandwich.  She packs up her basket, picks up the bear and skips over to peer at the guards.  She hands Demarius his sandwich, glances at the guards and announces loudly, "Hmph!!  I'd say these guards need guarding.  They're pale as sheets and they look as skittish as a halfling pilfering an ogre's larder.  I think I feel safer out here."  With that she dismisses the guards and starts a conversation with her bear.  The closer guard can hear the occasional whispered word that appears to come from the bear. 


Edited by user Saturday, October 8, 2011 2:34:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tempt not the wrath of Dragons, as you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
dying_inxs  
#13 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2011 8:50:13 AM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 Th head gurad looks at Red then Demarius he take the rations and passes them to his men " thank u soo much we finshed are rations last week ..."  i suppose u want a explanation " the dead they walk .. any one who dies gets up and starts attacking the living . " " we were posted here 50 of us to seal the gate and keep it closed until Lord Osmru orders it open  .. there are 30 of us left 10 left to neverwinter to plead for asistences 5 abandoned there post and 5 went to hunt for wild game none have returned .. " he takes a bite of a ration the puts the rest away " i dont know how it started but when the dead rise there not simple zombies there strong and faster then the privous life and anothe thing were not sure hows passes alongot started happening a month agos . some thought it was a cursed of the Frost giants others blamed the collge .... funny thing is The lord order the gate closed ...." he looks away for a sec " these gate un breacheable the dead that come can't break past the stone door inside the town. .

"why do you come here?" if its its to seek entrance  i recomend u leave nothing is worth your life in there "

But if your brave we ask of u to go in a retrive some supplys for us from the gaurd  house its simple task probelm is if u get followed by the undead we cant open the door for u ...hehe a mad assingment .. " he looks at u " also if u can contact the Lord Osmru" we havent heard any new since we sealed the door .. we know there are pockets of survivors and we see battle every now and then .. if u would help us im sure Lord Osmru would rewards u greatly"

 

 

 

 

 

What do u do!!


Edited by user Monday, October 10, 2011 6:57:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

dying_inxs  
#14 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 6:58:27 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

updated


Augrimm  
#15 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 8:36:08 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Demarius looks at the desperate, half-starved men.  They would need supplies and soon.  The knight looks to Red for aid in his decision, but she was deep in conversation with her bear once more.  A "madman's mission" the guard said.... Well there was little doubt that both he and the little priestess were both a little mad already....

"Supplies first I'm thinking..."  Demarius opens his pack and takes out the rest of his rations to give to the guard.  "If we make it, I'll be able to restock my pack.  If we don't.... well... I won't have use for  these after all and you and your men have need of them."  Demarius turns to Red and says, "Come Little One.  We have supplies to secure and undead to purge.  I know Teddy likes to burn the undead......."  As he secures his shield and draws forth his serrated sword Demarius looks over his should to the guard captain once more.  "I don't suppose you could spare a scout and guide to the city?  We are unfamiliar with it's streets and paths and such a one would be of great value.... (just an opening to let Frandal join)) 


Ravencrow  
#16 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 8:59:05 PM(UTC)
Ravencrow

[View User Details]
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/21/2011(UTC)
Posts: 287
Location: Pit of KD with Ketchup - The Ultimate Abomination

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 Red perks up a bit at the mention of undead.  "Ooh, what fun!!  It's been ages since Teddy saw me in action!!  Now Teddy, you'll watch Demarius' back won't you?  I don't want to have to clean his cape again!!  You know I hate laundry!"  She skips into the courtyard beyond, then turns to face Demarius.  "Oh do hurry up, or your little sister is going to have all the fun!!" 


Tempt not the wrath of Dragons, as you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
dying_inxs  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 6:57:05 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 The head guard smile for the first time  since you've met him i couldnt thank you enough i can spare one guard i suppose" he looks around " johnny com'er " ..

a young gurad come quickly to stand  in front of you " this is johnny know the city like no other we had already been planing to send him and a couple of others "

he lead you to down some stairs and to another stone door he hand Johnny some rations "Eat up son"

"he turn to you were gonna open this door quick like once you go out there dont stay out in the open they travel in pack of 4 but if you stay to long fighting one group another will show up

also there are other thing out there we havent seen but we hear em ."  he shudders for sec "

the door opens and out you go ! as quickly as your out the door shuts agian

Johnny looks at you two " come quick we have to go over 4 blocks to hit the guards house across the open market ...."

 

 

 

 

 alright guys roll me a d20 and rp w/e u want while i load the map should be up by tonight or sooon if they leave me alone at work 


dying_inxs  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:58:55 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)


dying_inxs  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 11:17:30 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 you rushing arcross Brindol market square its one of the biggest market u you have seen what would be normally full of vistors is completely abandon items tables full of broken goods rotten meats smal army of rats devoring them a ocasonial body swarmed with flies and maggots its a sicking sight ...

 

Demarius , and Johnny see movement to the south near on of the larger tents

a closer look reviales a smal child on the side of the tent trying to pry open a chest ....

Johnny is struck with terror for the child  " we must help that child !!" he moves to the little kid  

 

 

What do yoo DO!?

 

 

 maps up let me know if u have any problems frandal you need to update you chracter and put me in dm 

 


Augrimm  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 11:47:27 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Demarius stares at the child in horror.  He couldn't leave such an innocent to the ravages of the infected in this town.  He calls over to Red, "You and Teddy stay close to me.  It is possible that the girl may be infected, or there may be Infected hunting her.  If she's genuine, she comes with us.  If not...."  Demarius glances down to his blade sadly, "... then we shall end her suffering....." 

 Passive Insight: 24

Knowledge Religion: 18

Initiative(should it come up): 29 

 Demarius moves towards the child, making sure Red stays right next to him.  I've been having trouble with editing the maps(though I can see them fine in post) so I'll need you to move Demarius' token for me 


Users browsing this topic
Guest (Hidden)
18 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.1 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.926 seconds.