logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Frandal  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 12:54:51 PM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 The party had passed a few days resting and enjoying their benefits from the cargo and drivers rescue. They are at the village market, looking to upgrade or repair some of their material. The market is located next to one of the village entrances, and today is specially crowded for there's a nomad elf tribe merchants that had come to sell and exchange some of their items. The tall and thin elves had some weird cristal neckclakes adn bracalets that gets a lot of attention from the townsfolk. The party spread in the market, attending to their own bussiness.

Jonn feels a hard and strong hand on his right shoulder that makes him turn. He faces an scarred mul that looks at him with just one eye.

" Yo! What's your name gladiator?"

He answers for he doesn't want problems and even with his friends nearby, the mul had another six muscles with him, most of them humans. Their weapons and armor identifies them as bountyhunters, and the fact that a small, skinny men checks Jonn's name in one list. " He's clean" he says to the mul.

"Hmpf" says the mul releasing Jonn and the group continues his way into the market. Jonn notices that one of the bounty hunters, a human female for its figure, keeps looking at him while the others walk away. She doesn't show her face, all covered in desert clothes, tuareg type. She doesn't carry any weapon, and she nods towards Jonn as she walks away with the others.

Rejoined with the rest, Jonn tells them about his encounter, no one had seen them before, so they deduct that they should have arrived that morning to the village.

All of a sudden they strangers make them into the spotlight again. The mul voice commands someone...

"Walmorn!! Surrender now and come pacefully with us... don't me loose golds giving your master only your head..."

The crowd quickly opens and the party sees that the seven bounty hunters had surrounded a huge minotaur, who carries a bone sword as huge as himself.

The elves start to pick up their goods as well as other local merchants. The two templars that were at the market don't even move.

Jonn recognizes the minotaur!! They fought together at Raam's arena!! They used to pair them to fight, despite the fact that they had different owners, and they had saved the other's life several times. In fact, the fight that allowed Jonn to earn his freedom was meant to grant it to them both, but in the last minute, Walmorn's owner didn't grant it to him. If it wouldn't be for Jonn had spent more nights at his owner daughter's room than in the stable with the rest the months previous to that fight, he knows for sure that he would be still an slave, but that's another history.

The minotaur grabs his sword hilt, decided to keep his freedom...  

 

Welcome back to Athas world!! and welcome Droark! I'll keep Rhavin out of this until he shows at the forums again, despite the fact that I've joined Thoradin to the thread, let's keep things simple and don't NPC him for the moment.

Hope you don't mind coming up with that history of your backgrounds...  


Augrimm  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:46:14 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Ashtar guestures to the others, the reckless glint in his eye all the warning they need to know that he's contemplating trouble.  "Seven against one?  That hardly seems sporting.  What say you all that we even the odds up somewhat?  Besides, this Walmorn has spirit!  Respect must be shown to bravery such as his."  Without making a scene of it, the drak warlord draws his own sword of bone and obsidian, eager to see how this will all play out.... 


Edited by user Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:08:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Droark  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 5:40:58 PM(UTC)
Droark

[View User Details]
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/26/2012(UTC)
Posts: 161
Location: Indiana

 The minotaur snorts, a derisive smile plain on his snout as he hefts his blade over his shoulder easily.  "You're not taking me back there.  My head shall be your prize, if you only you could reach it!" And with that the minotaur springs into action, throwing himself into a Vicious Offensive against the closest bounty hunter.  "Is this all the might you can bring against me, slime?"

 

Initiative: 16 If needed

Mark an adjacent enemy is there is one.

 I don't mind, it fits with what I had in mind, except for Jonn, but I'll adapt! 

 

 Vicious Offensive | 24 vs. AC | 6 damage
After use, you mark an enemy adjacent to you until the end of your next turn. 

Frandal  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 6:10:26 PM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Roll for initiative all then ;)

Bounty hunters Initiative: 11 

 


Ravencrow  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 10:36:45 AM(UTC)
Ravencrow

[View User Details]
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/21/2011(UTC)
Posts: 287
Location: Pit of KD with Ketchup - The Ultimate Abomination

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Initiative: 21

 Glancing aside towards his leader, Locklear gives a vicious grin and a wink before striding up behind the mull.

"You!!!" he cries once he has reached the mull.  As the figure turns in surprise, the halfling leans forward menacingly.  "I thought it was you!  There's a bounty on your head and I mean to take it now!"

Locklear returns to a more relaxed posture, then addresses the nearby bountyhunters and shrugs in an apologetic manner.  "Normally, I'd have refused the bounty, given the obvious smell of the mark, but the contractor offered to fry the mull's guts for me afterwards, and I've never tasted minotaur cuisine before."

His gaze returns to the mull, and he again assumes his menacing posture.  "Now face me in single combat or show all here for the coward you are!" 

 Locky's actions:

Move: as above

Minor(if necessary): draw sword

Standard: Disheartening Strike vrs Mull 25 vrs AC for 10 and 5 sneak damage.

                 Mull is suffering a -4 to attack penalty (includes Underhanded Tactics feat)

Free: Surprise Strike: target is dazed until the end of your next turn.

Note: Second Chance at the ready (if the mull actually lands a hit he must reroll it with an additionaly -5 penalty(-9 total) and cannot land a critical hit)

Free: grin :D 

 


Tempt not the wrath of Dragons, as you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Augrimm  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 2:37:17 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 

 Ashtar's Initiative: 6 (looks like he's biding his time for the right moment.... yes...... that's it.... >.>  <.<  ). 


way2tall  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 4:20:52 AM(UTC)
way2tall

[View User Details]
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2011(UTC)
Posts: 0
Location: Toronto

Initiative: 19

 

Pik's multifaceted eyes survey the scene...   The humans who had been harassing Jonn are now picking on another victim, once again using their numbers to intimidate.  They have no clan symbols, and appear to carry no visible authority for their actions.  This time, though, neither the target of these  jackals nor the team seem to be willing to let it pass. 

Excellent.  These scavengers should have been punished when they first began to sniff around our battleswarm.

 move:  hop up to a better vantage.

minor:  draw weapon if necessary, or quarry the closest target.  If there's a choice I'll avoid locky's target, since he wants single combat.

standard:  twin shot (28 and 11 vs AC, 1 and 7 dmg) +1 quarry, if applicable. 

edit:  ok, so 10 and 7 damage...  (really, probably just 10)...

 


Frandal  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 11:26:03 AM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Can someone please NPC Jonn while he returns? : )

Thanks, appreciate it...  


Augrimm  
#9 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 9:32:50 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Jonn's Initiative: 9 (Jonn is apparently waiting on a cue from his leader before acting....) 


Frandal  
#10 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 10:51:17 PM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 The bystanders that were still caught in the middle quickly get to the  when the halfing starts to talk. The attack gets the mul by surprise, and Locklear sword cuts deep into his guts. With a scream of pain and anger, the mul attacks Locklear in return, missing his target by far.

The rest of the bounty hunters jump to help his chief, all except the woman in dark clothes. he stops them and says

"This little rat is mine, bring Korkak here and end the rest!!"

Two of them run and dissapear before the others could react, but then Pik-Ik-Cha fires his bow agaisnt the one nearest to him, his first arrow throwing him towards the floor, wich makes him miss the second one. The bounty hunter stands with a jump, break the arrow in his chest and, with a scream, charges towards the Thri-keen!! but the agile hunter evades the clumsy attack.

The minotaur's greatsword finds his opponent flesh and cuts him, but he had enought spirit to riposte the attack. Still Walmorn sees it coming and dodges it, the blade passing just some inches from his belly. The crowd screams with emotion for the barely dodged attack.

Another bounty hunter throws a jabelin towards their quarry, but the gladiator relfexes make him duck and roll.

The jabelin crossed the market and hit one of the fight spectators, killing him. The rest of the crowd looks amazed to it, and then applauds and roar the ones fighting... it seems that the dangerous the merrier!!

The elves had quit their shop and are the only ones who are really leaving the market.

 

 Roster:

Bounty Hunters:

Mul 15 HP

BH1 11 HP

BH2 6 HP

BH3

BH4

BH5

Woman in black

Attacks:

Mul vs Locklear: 9

BH1 vs Pik-Ik-Cha: 12  

BH2 vs Walmorn  17

BH3 vs Walmorn 6

BH4 went out of scene for now

BH5 went out of scene for now

 

 


Edited by user Saturday, March 17, 2012 11:00:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Augrimm  
#11 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 2:06:31 AM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
 Dragonfear | 19/27//13//14//26 vs. Will
Target: Each enemy in the burst

Hit: The target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls and grants combat advantage until the end of your next turn.

 Rousing Assault | 21 (+2 if dragonfear hit) vs. AC | 11 (+4 from Takedown Strike for 15 total) Weapon damage
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage, and you add your Charisma modifier to the hit points restored with any warlord healing power you use before the end of your next turn.

 Takedown Strike
Trigger: You hit an enemy adjacent to you with an attack.

Target: The triggering enemy

Effect: The target takes extra damage from the triggering attack equal to the ability modifier used in the triggering attack, and you knock the target prone.


 

 Ashtar strides forward to aid the minotaur, his battleroar echoing throughout the plaza.  The warlord strikes out with his signature sword and shield combo, cutting at the man's side as he smashes his shield into his face.  Between clenched fangs the Drakk snarls, "Now now, let's make this a bit more sporting.  All of you vs just him?  Where is the honour?  Where is the glory?  Face me instead Bounty Hunter, or do you lack the stomach for a real fight?" 

 Minor:  Dragonfear(close burst 5) vs Mul, BH 1,2&3, and Woman in Black

Standard: Rousing Assult  vs Bounty Hunter 2

Question:  Which one did Walmorn attack?  The flavour text suggests that he hit, but his damage is missing..... 


Edited by user Saturday, March 17, 2012 4:03:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Augrimm  
#12 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 2:10:36 AM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
 Whirling Defense | 28 (+2 if Dragonfear hit) vs. AC | 9 damage (against BH1)
Whirling Defense

Seeking to defend your friends, you attack your foe to get it to focus on you. By channeling more power into your attack, you can distract more opponents.

At-Will Augmentable, Psionic, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon

Target: One creature

Attack: Constitution vs. AC

Hit: 1[W] + Constitution modifier damage, and you mark the target until the end of your next turn.
Augment 1

Effect: Whenever you use your mind spike before the end of your next turn, the target of that power takes extra damage equal to your Charisma modifier.
 
 Jonn moves forward, drawing forth his longsword as he lashes out at the Bounty Hunter that had attacked Pik-Ik-Cha.  His blade pulses, charged with his psionic power as it draws the attention of the enemy warrior.  "If you must fight someone, fight me!"
 

Edited by user Saturday, March 17, 2012 4:08:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Frandal  
#13 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 11:10:11 AM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 The cheers of the crowd dies for a moment when the drakk roars in defiance. The confidence that the Bounty hunters showed seems to fade away as Ashtar and Jonn joins the fight.

They both hit their targets, still, they seems in good shape to fight. 

 The woman bounty hunter seems to take a step backwards, still holding back...

@Augrimm: You're right, the damage was missing, I added to the previous post too for clearance.

All enemies were affected by Dragonfear except BH2, barely, but he seems more anger than frightened.

Take into account that you have a +2 to attack, and they grant combat advantage... ( poor Mul against a thief... ;) )

Locklear, Pik-ik-Cha and Walmorn turn...

Roster:

Bounty Hunters:

Mul 15 HP

BH1 20 HP

BH2 21 HP

BH3

BH4

BH5

Woman in black

 


way2tall  
#14 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 5:53:19 PM(UTC)
way2tall

[View User Details]
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2011(UTC)
Posts: 0
Location: Toronto

*gnash mandibles*

 minor:  ThriKreen Claws (10 vs AC, 13 dmg)    Quarry dmg: 1.

standard:  Nimble Shot (shift 1 before attack:  away from BH) (10 vs AC, 11 dmg)

move:  leap to a low rooftop to keep away from the riffraff  :)       (athletics 19, always count as having a running start)

free:  take a quick look and see if I can see what those other two BH are up to... 

 


Droark  
#15 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:00:48 PM(UTC)
Droark

[View User Details]
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/26/2012(UTC)
Posts: 161
Location: Indiana

 Walmorn swings his blade at his former target, roaring joyfully as he strikes, "Worms! All of you.  Try to take me down!" After striking, he moves towards the mul, his eyes set on his target. 

 

 Attack the same Walmorn did last turn, marking the two previously marked.

Shift toward the mul

 Goading Maneuver | 23 vs. AC | 15 damage
After use, you can shift 2 squares. In addition, you mark one or two enemies adjacent to you until the end of your next turn.

 


dying_inxs  
#16 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2012 9:49:29 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Jonn jumps into the battle choosing to use his fullblad over his shield this time " haha brown cow we meet a again !!! also gonna save your life it seems"

 

 

Battlemind's Demand

You draw your foe’s concentration, taunting the foe to strike at you.

At-Will Augmentable, Psionic
Minor Action Close burst 3

Target: One creature in the burst

Effect: You mark the target until you use this power again or until the end of the encounter.
Augment 1

Target: One or two creatures in the burst
 Concussive Spike | 28 vs. AC | 17 damage
Concussive Spike

Your weapon shimmers with force as you bring it crashing down, clobbering your foes and driving some of them back.

At-Will Augmentable, Force, Psionic, Weapon
Standard Action Close blast 3

Target: One creature you can see in the blast

Attack: Constitution vs. AC

Hit: 1[W] + Constitution modifier force damage. You push each enemy in the blast other than the target a number of squares equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier.
Augment 1

Range: Close burst 3

Target: One creature you can see in the burst

Hit: 1[W] + Constitution modifier force damage. You push one enemy in the burst other than the target a number of squares equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier.
Augment 2

Hit: 1[W] + Constitution modifier force damage, and you knock the target prone. You push each enemy in the blast other than the target a number of squares equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Ravencrow  
#17 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 6:58:21 PM(UTC)
Ravencrow

[View User Details]
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/21/2011(UTC)
Posts: 287
Location: Pit of KD with Ketchup - The Ultimate Abomination

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 "He's mine horned one!! This is a duel of honour... though you WILL fry his guts for me afterwards!"  With that said, Locklear stares hard at his prey, once again putting the fear of impending death into the mull as he strikes. 

 Disheartening Strike vrs Mull 22 vrs AC for 9 and 9 sneak. (hit: mull suffers -2 to hit)

Minor: draw crossbow

Note: Locky would prefer if the mark vrs the mull was cancelled 


Tempt not the wrath of Dragons, as you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Droark  
#18 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 9:34:05 PM(UTC)
Droark

[View User Details]
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/26/2012(UTC)
Posts: 161
Location: Indiana

 Piping in, I don't believe Walmorn marked the mull just yet.  He just marked the two bounty hunters then shifted to flank him ;P. 


Frandal  
#19 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2012 3:51:53 PM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 The two humans engaged with the minotaur takes grievious wounds from the pair of former gladiators, but still they try to pierce them with their barbed spears. The shaking hands of the human allows the minotaur to barely dodge it attack, but the anger gives the other one more precision, and despite the fact that his attention is focused on his mark, he manages to sting his weapon into the Drak's side, and impeling his combat prowness. He produces a long knive decided to eviscerate Ashtar and end him.

 

"Hahaha little one... what makes you think I play by the rules?!" says the mul, attacking Locklear with his greatsword with serpent like velocity. The agile halfling ducs and avoid the first attack, but then the mul kicks the sand in front of him, hitting Locky in the face, blinding him momentary. But a fraction of a second is what the mul needs, and he get the halfling in the right shoulder with a descending attack, cuttiing deep. " Hmm this is perfect.. " says the bounty hunter leader " more slaves for my master... "

 

The Thri kreen fails to land an attack on the human, he dodges his claws and his arrow hit one wall above the crowd heads,  but when he leaps to the low ceiling he dodges the human attack with ease. He then sees what the other two bounty hunters were doing. Crossing the city gates and heading toward the market Pik Ik Cha sees the head of a giant, a small one for the tales he had heard, but still big enough to raise his head above the low buildings of the city next to the market ( they are one story buildings ). It seems that it's guided by two strong leather lashes, probably handled by the two bounty hunters. They will reach the marketplace in just a few seconds... 

 

 

Sorry for the long delay friends, had to move to my grandfather place for some days.. thanks for the waiting.

 

BH 1 vs Walmorn: Barbed Spear: 19 -2 from Dragonfear  17 vs AC miss.

BH 2 vs Ashtar: Barbed Spear: 24 vs AC Asthar is grabbed.

BH 3 vs Pik-Ik-cha: Barbed Spear: 10 vs AC miss.

Mul vs Locklear: Double Sweep: 12 vs AC / 27 vs AC  one miss one crit! 17 damage to Locklear.

BH4 & BH5 approaching the fight with a big friend... will enter it next round

Woman in black still waiting.

 

Mul: 33 Damage

BH1: 35 damage. Bloodied

BH2: 38 damage. Bloodied

BH3 / BH 4 / BH5 no damage

Woman in black no damage.

 

Party:

Ashtar: Grabbed

Locklear: 13 HP left. Bloodied

 

 

 

 


Droark  
#20 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2012 4:11:02 PM(UTC)
Droark

[View User Details]
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/26/2012(UTC)
Posts: 161
Location: Indiana

 "I'm sorry, but this is a personal matter little one!"  As Walmorn charges the Mul, attemping to catch him with his formidable horns. 

 

 Ew on the attack roll. And welcome back!

Charge on mul, and if his AC is horrid, then he's marked.

 Goring Charge | 13+2=15 vs. AC | 9 damage
You charge and make the following attack in place of a melee basic attack.
Hit: 1d6 + Strength modifier, Constitution modifier, or Dexterity modifier damage, and you knock the target prone. 

Users browsing this topic
Guest (Hidden)
3 Pages123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.1 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.870 seconds.