logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

40 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
momerath  
#21 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 12:30:10 AM(UTC)
momerath

[View User Details]

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
In a few hours the Last Chance will reach Athens to deliver its load of entertainment holos and rare spices. Unfortunately, much of the payment was made in advance and has already been spent on fuel and the most crucial repairs.
Kariggi  
#22 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 1:49:08 AM(UTC)
Kariggi

[View User Details]

Wendi stands (on her hands on the console) completely enthralled by Griff's story head tilted slightly sideways and a more serious smile on her face, untill it ends.  Then her body bends backwards without a flip or a jerk gently landing her feet upon the deck floor.  "Yeah it would be hard to fly standing on your hands.  You're a realy good pilot Griff--oh Sebastian's up!

Wendi flips end over end over end back down the front hall towards the Galley.
speshul  
#23 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 3:48:13 AM(UTC)
speshul

[View User Details]

Sebastian immediately looks up from his day dream and says "Good afternoon miss Wendi, how are you on this fine day" Sebastion watches with a slightly bemused look on his face as the young lady acrobatically cart wheels down the coridoor.

"When we land we shall have to have a contest of skill, your pistols versus my Bow, what say you?" Without pausing for breath he continues "My dear lady  I don't believe I have finished telling you about how I became planetary champion it was truly scandalous, it was never a line cutter** , how about you rustle me up some nosh whilst i tell you all about it?"
OOC** Line cutter is when an arror breaks a line on the target, it score the highest score of the two areas it is in.
Nova  
#24 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 3:52:08 AM(UTC)
Nova

[View User Details]

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
McCord reachs the bridge just in time to move out of Wendi's way. "An I wonder why we aways have ta' spend so much on coffee when we reach port..." he remarks with a grin. How are we doin' Griff? Those alarms anything important?" He asks as he slides into the co-pilots seat.
doran  
#25 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 8:19:15 AM(UTC)
doran

[View User Details]

"How shi sung chung, lao buhn. We'll be hitting Athens air space in a few hours. Don't worry about the alarms. That's just Shae trying to hang him self while doing maintenance again. As long as we don't hard burn til he says we're clear we should be feh chun jahn. Just so you know though, that girl hasn't touched any coffee. I'd be scared to see what happens if she did. Either way she is Sebastian's problem now." Griff returns the grin, but it soon vanishes. With a straight face he looks out towards the black and the approaching planet. "Any work lined up when we make landfall?"

Kariggi  
#26 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 8:30:43 AM(UTC)
Kariggi

[View User Details]

"Ok"

Wendi liked how people talked here all fancy it reminded her of the circus.  She then went about scrurrying up something for Sebastian to eat.  She'd once seen her daddy shoot arrows out of the air as they were shot at him, she wondered if she could do that?
speshul  
#27 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 8:46:59 AM(UTC)
speshul

[View User Details]

Sebastion watches Wendi rustle about the kitchen with ease, he is very glad to have her onboard, he had never met any one quite like her before. An enigma to him but none the less one he would protect with his life, well atleast have a gentlemenly duel over certainly.

Sebastion begins the tale of his competition, which surprisingly isn't too exajherated or too boring.

Sebastion muses to himself of what the rim will be like, the furthest he been from home is the competion circuit around a few of the more civilized border planets, those civlized enough to be of an achery standard worth of a visit.

Sebastions tale trails off as he gets lost in his over romantasied vision of the rim, damsels in distress and other mild peril he will no doubt find himself in.
speshul  
#28 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 6:57:27 PM(UTC)
speshul

[View User Details]

OOCI will work on some basic rules for shooting contests that should work both pen and paper and on the forums, should the need ever arise?

Your targets skill, with a concentration role ever so ofter to get a modifier depending on how calm you are?

Is that ok?
Kariggi  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 12:39:48 AM(UTC)
Kariggi

[View User Details]

Wendi slides some of the now warmed ships food onto a plate in front of Sebastian.  "But if he hit the Bullseye, how did you win?  I thought you said you were the champion Sebastian?"
FinAeros  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 1:15:48 AM(UTC)
FinAeros

[View User Details]

Aemon slides the enabler back into a pocket on his jumpsuit, then gently pats the sensor before pulling himself back out of the pit.
"Behave while we enter atmo at boo yao ming duh soo doo, would you?"
The engineer scoots back from the pit a bit before rolling onto his stomach and ducking back in to remove the snap-link.  While coiling the line and replacing the deck plate, he continues to talk to the engine.
"The last thing we need is one of the fuel lines to stick open while we're breaking atmo.  I know that won't happen, no one's been back 'ere to rig it to do so...."
He picks a metal cup up from the deck and fills it from a tap line leading to the engine compartment.  After taking a sip he looks at it with a half-cocked eyebrow.
"Hmm...."
Swishing the liquid in his mouth before swallowing, he looks slightly puzzled before breaking into a coughing fit.
"Ah.  Yeah...."
After tidying up a little more he walks through the aft hall toward the Galley, but the sound of Sebastion regailing Wendi with the story of his archery prowess causes him to take the back stairs to go the long way around to reach the bridge.  Muttering under his breath as he goes.  "Titim gan éirí ort..."

sway  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 5:55:18 AM(UTC)
sway

[View User Details]

For a bit of a span, Tobias, with his apron drawn over his suit, moves about quietly within the meagerly-sized kitchen area of his shuttle. The only clear sound being the sizzle of a skillet and the soft whistling of a tune eerily reminiscent of but not quite the same as Waltzing Matilda from Earth-That-Was.

Tobias’ right hand gently stirs a skillet mixture that included canned smoked ham, a finely diced onion, and well cut wedges of potato. Mentally he bemoans his decision to pass on the fresh eggs from the vendors of the last port, but in even so, they had been more than over-priced and the tell-tale colorations along the eggshells had been questionable at best.

Meanwhile Tobias’ left hand rapidly, if also rather haphazardly, types in figures into an antiquated-looking tabulator of some sort. The deal for the last job hadn’t been as lucrative as it could have been, as Tobias had found himself more than a little bit distracted by the bartender where the negotiations went down. Had he not been in such a rush to get move on to more interesting pursuits, Tobias was sure he could have gotten the crew a better fee, and now, he was feeling the pangs of that guilt. Best he could tell by his quick calculations, he’d need to talk the next client up by at least fifteen percent to make up for the previous shortfall and put his own conscience at ease. Of course, that would only work out all nice and shiny if they found another job at least on the same level as the last one. 

Putting aside figure-work for the time being, Tobias splashes his meal-in-the-making with a bit liquor from his brandy wine bottle and then sprinkles the concoction with a bit of simple pepper and pinch of dried basil. After a few more moments of cooking, he deftly seals the lid to the fire jelly under his skillet and removed his apron, before shifting his meal onto a small plate and doing a quick taste test.

Satisfied with his food, he finally makes his way towards the airlock leading to the ship-proper, stopping only briefly to retrieve an apricot that had apparently recently freed it self from the dwarf fruit tree in his garden. He isn’t exactly in the mood for anything that sweet himself, but he knew of at least one hyperactive crew member whose metabolism was always game for a little more glucose.

Coming down the corridors, as Tobias passes the ship’s galley, he shoots Sebastian a pleasant nod and deftly tosses the apricot in Wendi’s general direction with a smile, before proceeding quietly proceeding on towards the cockpit with his own meal still in hand. Not wanting to cramp the captain and pilot, he hangs back a couple of steps, leans against the cockpit entry way, and mentally notes that they are apparently closing in on their destination. “Looks like we’re comin’ in on schedule this time. That’s shiny, cause the client was pretty adamant bout not sending anymore business our way, iffin’ we weren’t.” However, not particularly wanting to converse too much about the current client and job, given his last performance, Tobias seamlessly changes the topic he’d started himself. “So, you thinkin’ we might have a little R&R time after the delivery, or this going to just be another stop-and-go, Captain?”  
doran  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 6:43:52 AM(UTC)
doran

[View User Details]

OOCNice use of gaelic FinAeros. I'm impressed.

speshul  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 7:45:50 AM(UTC)
speshul

[View User Details]

Satisfied with his food sebastation thanks Wendi and nods to tobias and retired to his cabin to get dressed, only two hours to get ready. Once dressed in his finest atire he will have a quick check of the cortex for any news or interesting events in the area.

Sebastion will leave in his finest attire armed with a rapier if that is allowed on the planet.

OOCsorry short post, only just got home (from archery) and off to bed, random note we have quite a lot of prviledged back grounds on this boat....
Kariggi  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 8:02:06 AM(UTC)
Kariggi

[View User Details]

"Oooooo, thank you Tobias" Wendi says cheerily as she snatches the fruit from the air.  "You grow the best apricots I've ever tasted." 

"Hey wait Sebastian you didn't tell me how you won if he shot a bullseye."  Wendi says as she flips back in front of Sebastian as he floats towards his quarters. 
speshul  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 8:34:42 AM(UTC)
speshul

[View User Details]

OOCif one shuttle is fake ( if we are going with sways ship plans) and the other is tobias's bedroom, i hope we don't need them to get around any where!

"My apologies Miss Wendi, I'm got a bit distracted and excited to be finally seeing the rim ,to cut a long story short, we had to go head to head, one arrow each, first one to fail to geta  bull's eye looses. You could cut the tension with a knife, after 6 goes each the tension gets to the reigning champion Elliot Windsortex and he misses by a mile..., I shall have to tell you how I retained the championship for the next two years another time"
sway  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 8:53:08 AM(UTC)
sway

[View User Details]

OOCTobias' shuttle still functions as a shuttle, cramped space but it is still functional. On the show the crew had to, on occassion, use Inara's shuttle too. Its the same deal.
Kariggi  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 11:48:21 AM(UTC)
Kariggi

[View User Details]

Wendi bounds into the now quickly crowding bridge behind Tobias.

"Have you all heard how Sebastian became planetary archery champion!"

sway  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 7:44:17 PM(UTC)
sway

[View User Details]

With a fork half-full of food hovering above his plate, Tobias is forced to pause for a moment at Wendi’s peculiar query. In that single moment, a montage-like flood of almost every single time Sebastian had gone into stories about his archery competitions zips through Tobias' mind. The flashes evoked are both vivid and detailed.

Tobias rhythmically cooks in the small kitchen nook in his shuttle, as Sebastian seemingly materializes behind him, “Tobi, Tobi, Tobi. Have I ever told you about the time…” Tobias only smiles and shakes his head in response, but it is clear that he apparently surprised that the other man has invited himself into his quarters.
The crew is evenly scattered throughout the inside of a decent-sized cantina, enjoying some rest and relaxation, and Tobias, as usual, appears to be chatting up one of the prettier waitresses in the establishment. Tobias’ face cringes a bit as the woman flashes him a wedding band and a rather large bloke, undoubtedly the waitress’s husband, firmly grabs him by the shoulder. Not far away, Sebastian sits at a card table, making idle chatter as he reviews his hand, “I wasn’t even the favorite at the time. Almost everyone expected the reigning champion to sweep the competition…”
Tobias is apparently attempting to discretely take a quick leak behind a tree on some backwater planet without proper facilities, as on the other side of the tree the captain, Griff, and Sebastian are casually engaging each other in conversation. Sebastian is making descriptive bow-wielding gestures with his arms as he goes on, “… and the first one to miss the bullseye would lose the tournament…”
Tobias, Aemon, and, oddly enough, Wendi are haggling with a junkyard dealer over some scrapware to patch up the ship, while in the backround Sebastian engages what appears to be the dealer’s young children with his tales, “… and he missed by a mile! I swear, if I didn’t know the man better, I’d have thought him ready to snap his own bow in half.”    
Tobias and Sebastian sit back-to-back, tied up in steel chairs within a darkened room. Tobias clearly has bruises and cuts on his face from some manner of physical abuse, as he quietly nods along with the voice from behind him, “… a great day, but honestly it was nothing compared to my first time defending the title. Now THAT is a story. There I was…”
 Slowly consuming the food from his fork, Tobias smiles politely, shakes his head slightly, and then after swallowing glibly remarks, “No. Not that I can recall…”
speshul  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 8:56:50 PM(UTC)
speshul

[View User Details]

OOC
Chortle! nice job guys its seems i'm fitting right in. nothing to reply IC as i'm getting dressed! unless you insist i describe my monogramed undies... probably Y fronts...
FinAeros  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2009 12:47:43 AM(UTC)
FinAeros

[View User Details]

As Aemon passes through the cargo hold, he double checks that the crates and containers of their shipment are all strapped down and in good condition.  Before making his way up stairs into the forward hall he gives his hovercraft's suspension a more thorough check, ensuring that it'd be ready if they needed it once they landed.

As he comes up the stairs he's humming a tune slightly off key, sipping from the cup sparingly.  He turns to enter the bridge, passing by as the hatch to Sebastion's quarters swings closed.  Seeing the gathering in the cockpit he pauses outside to listen to the conversation before entering.