logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

34 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MariachiDevil  
#41 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2010 3:27:10 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Dingo

"I say go now, bit of darkness never hurt anyone, and speed is key. We've got a good few hours of light left, more than enough to get us started." 
foolfolio  
#42 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2010 4:54:14 AM(UTC)
foolfolio

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/30/2009(UTC)
Posts: 84
Location: canada, B.C.

Thanks: 1 times
"i agree with dingo, the faster we get outta here the less chance we're remembered."
foolfolio  
#43 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2010 4:54:31 AM(UTC)
foolfolio

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/30/2009(UTC)
Posts: 84
Location: canada, B.C.

Thanks: 1 times
"but in all honesty i don't really care if we are noticed."
Old Grump  
#44 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2010 5:56:32 AM(UTC)
Old Grump

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/19/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,131

Chicken

Aye, normally I wouldn't care either, I'm not a subtle man, even for a Dwarf but the priest is right, there are cat cultists everywhere ye go an I would rather not be a topic o' discussion wi' them lest they impede our hunt.  If one o' yer would go to the docks an' get us a boat rented th' rest o' us could go to market and buy up whatever is left over from this morning.  Sounds like we are going to be on water fer awhile an' not going into many towns in the near future.  I hope some o' yer can catch fish because me an' water ain't th' best o' friends if yer git me drift. 

Chicken digs into his heavy leather pack and pulls out 6 empty bags that when full could hold 50 pounds of potatoes or a bushel of grain.  Takes two and leaves 4 on the table for whoever comes with him to load up on traveling supplies.  He also pulls out a short fat heavy glass bottle with a red wax seal on it and looks at it fondly.  Then he places it at the clerics place on the table.  Dwarf Whiskey, I want him to remember us fondly, it may help if we need sanctuary in that fortress o' his, they can't very well keep us out if we brought them a present can they?  An' one never knows when you might need a hole to hide in.  His mouth grinned but his eyes looked sad, he really didn't want to part with that bottle. 
Tuomari  
#45 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2010 10:18:07 AM(UTC)
Tuomari

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/19/2009(UTC)
Posts: 697
Location: Finland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

"If it's fish you want we'd need a net, without it it may be a tad dificult or time taking to fish. And are you sure his kind is allowed to drink alcohol?" Himo looks at the other men and asks "No one would have anything to be used for fishing?"

Sane when drunk, Crazy when sober.
Old Grump  
#46 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2010 11:54:23 PM(UTC)
Old Grump

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/19/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,131

Chicken

I don't know about his orders monks drinking habits but this priest was drinking wine with his meal and beer after wards and he is married so I'd say he wasn't much different than us except fer being too tall.  Yer all to tall to me way o' thinkin'.

Nets, spears, hooks, something, I have traveled a bit with adventurers who had lots o' ways to catch whatever the waters provided.  Just ain't much o' a hand at it me self. 

If somebody needs money to rent us a boat I can throw a bit in the pot.  Me an' people what does boats don' often hit it off to well if yer gets me drift.  
 
MariachiDevil  
#47 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2010 3:23:12 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
 "Like Chicken I'm not a huge fan of water, grew up in much dryer lands. I'd rather take the river only as far as we need to, then I'm much happier on foot or horse.

But I was wondering, if our priest friend is returning to his fortress soon, could we not all telelport with him? Seems to me that would shorten our travel time considerably."
Old Grump  
#48 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2010 7:27:19 AM(UTC)
Old Grump

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/19/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,131

Chicken

Aye, it would seem so but remember he isn't a wizard and he said it took half the day just to get himself here.  It wore him out just bringing what he wore on his back. 

Chicken looks over at the sleeping cleric not moving at all like one would in a regular sleep. 

If he killed hisself trying to transport us, or worse yet killed me that would be a terrible shame for the world and a victory to his cousin the mad Monk.  I dunno bout you but I'm to pretty to die just because I don't wanna ride a boat. 

I'm going grocery shopping, anybody coming?

foolfolio  
#49 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2010 8:32:48 AM(UTC)
foolfolio

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/30/2009(UTC)
Posts: 84
Location: canada, B.C.

Thanks: 1 times
"might as well" lithorn says and shrugs his shoulders

MariachiDevil  
#50 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2010 9:38:12 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Dingo

"..Hmm yes, good point. So maybe his magic isn't the way to go. I'll leave the boat buying up to someone else, regardless, food is more my thing, I'm with Chicken." 
Tuomari  
#51 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2010 2:36:54 PM(UTC)
Tuomari

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/19/2009(UTC)
Posts: 697
Location: Finland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
"I can go look for the boat, at the same time I think I could buy a fishing net from some river fisher. Though I also prefer solid ground and being mounted even more."
Sane when drunk, Crazy when sober.
Old Grump  
#52 Posted : Sunday, April 18, 2010 1:04:05 AM(UTC)
Old Grump

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/19/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,131

Himo: You are the first one done since the trip is going to be fairly short the boatman owner of a medium sized high speed trimaran is already preparing to go back to the very village you want to get to.  He overcharges you but still at 100 GP he gives you 30 minutes to get us all to the dock because he wants to leave soon so he won't lose the wind.  For the 100 GP he offers you a choice of a large fishing net of 16' x 16' but heavy duty or three smaller lighter weight 8'X8' nets and a 20' hand line with a bag of fishing hooks of various sizes.  The line is old and some of the hooks are rusty, fouled with old dried chunks of bait still on them and need to be sharpened but they are serviceable and the line is in pretty good condition. 

Chicken:  Ends up with 1 sack half full of potatoes and the rest of it filled with turnips and carrots.  The other sack is full of onions.  In addition he buys a hooded cloak and an ointment purported to repel biting and stinging insects.   At the smithy he buys a 12' pike pole and has the smith install a brand new pike head on it.  

As he waddles under his heavy load towards the dock he passes a farmers wagon just getting ready to go home and in the back he see's a 25 pound smoked ham that he hadn't been able to sell that day in the market.  A few coins and the ham was speared onto the spike end of the  Pike.  The two bags of vegetables are tied with cord and hung from the butt of the staff and he wears the cloak which is to long for him. 

He cuts a comical figure as he goes to the dock with the cloak dragging and the bags barely brushing the ground in front of him while the Ham bounces precariously on the hook behind him.  At the dock he looks for Himo and whatever craft he managed to get. 

Red faced from carrying the awkward load he has time to spare and is sitting crosslegged in the middle of the boat under the boom of the main mast cutting the hem of the cloak to fit him. 

Dingo, Lithorn and Leafy report on what you got, none of it is going to cost you more than 25 GP total and only that much because you are in a hurry.  Just keep it to common easy to find articles or foodstuffs.  
MariachiDevil  
#53 Posted : Sunday, April 18, 2010 3:20:43 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
 Dingo arrives just after Chicken, his feet falling heavily on the dock under the weight of what he bought.
Hanging around his neck from leather thongs are 6 waterskins, all apparently full. Under each arm is a bulging sack, the first filled with cheeses and hard biscuits, the second filled with jars of pickled vegetables. All of the provisions he has bought are the sort of thing that lasts a long time and will provide nutrients that aren't readily available if you were hunting for your own food.

OOCNot sure how to gauge the cost of provisions here, I'll leave that up to you Old Grump, if that's ok?
foolfolio  
#54 Posted : Sunday, April 18, 2010 6:06:15 AM(UTC)
foolfolio

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/30/2009(UTC)
Posts: 84
Location: canada, B.C.

Thanks: 1 times
ill get 5 water skins as i forgot all about water earlier
Tuomari  
#55 Posted : Sunday, April 18, 2010 3:59:56 PM(UTC)
Tuomari

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/19/2009(UTC)
Posts: 697
Location: Finland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Himo greets the funny looking dwarf "Chiken why didn't you ask one of the tall ones to come with you to carry all that stuff? Anyway, we have bit less than half an hour left to get ready also i did get us three small webs and some fishing hooks with line, they could be in better shape but theyll do the job."

Himo has payed the boat man the money he had charged before any of the other arrived, but keeps an eye on the boat man and his bow ready if the sailor chooses to run off.

OOCSo the total was 20 platinium making the money Himo has left in 40pp and 8gp... well the hooks could replace the caltrops i removed from Himo after the sailing.
Sane when drunk, Crazy when sober.
liefone  
#56 Posted : Sunday, April 18, 2010 5:04:07 PM(UTC)
liefone

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2009(UTC)
Posts: 351

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
And along comes Leaf, with large quantities of trail rations (2 weeks each.) "I is here!" he procliams
And they say insanity is a bad thing...
Old Grump  
#57 Posted : Monday, April 19, 2010 2:13:36 AM(UTC)
Old Grump

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/19/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,131

Chicken

Bah, when a Dwarf can't carry a couple of days worth of groceries its time for him to crawl in a hole and join his ancestors. 

I grin and keep cutting and then hemming the cloak.  I have been in swamps before and anything to keep biting insects away from my creamy smooth and adorable skin is a good thing.  I don't mind getting wolf bit or spear stuck but mosquitoes drive me crazy. 

When Trifel the Gnome ranger reports aboard we can cast off.
  I hope none o' yer gets seasick, If'n yer do make sure you do the upchucking and heaving down wind, I don' want to get me new robe dirty just yet. 


dying_inxs  
#58 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2010 12:28:18 AM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
"I'm always late " Says Trifel carrying the supplys he bought 7 days rations, water skins, bedroll , extra arrows , and a flint and steel . running  up behind dingo " i m here this time i wont be so quiet i swear "
Trifels a tall gnome by gnome standards dark brown hair dark brown eye tan a rapier and a dagger on his side short bow on his back hes nervous not becuase of the adventure nope becuase he embarrsed of the X like scare on his face a gift from his twin brother. " so we rdy yet?"


OOChi guys glad to be a part of your group !!


Trifel

Male Gnome Ranger 2
True Neutral
Representing dying_inxs

 

 

Strength 10 (+0)
Dexterity 18 (+4)
Constitution 16 (+3)
Intelligence 14 (+2)
Wisdom 10 (+0)
Charisma 10 (+0)
Size: Small
Height: 3' 8"
Weight: 46 lb
Skin: Tan
Eyes: Dark Brown
Hair: Dark Brown; Curly; Beardless

 

Total Hit Points: 16

Speed: 20 feet

Armor Class: 19 = 10 +4 [chain shirt] +4 [dexterity] +1 [small]

    Touch AC: 15
    Flat-footed: 15

 

Initiative modifier: +4 = +4 [dexterity]
Fortitude save: +6 = 3 [base] +3 [constitution]
Reflex save: +7 = 3 [base] +4 [dexterity]
Will save: +0 = 0 [base]
Attack (handheld): +3 = 2 [base] +1 [small]
   Weapon Finesse: +7 = 2 [base] +4 [dexterity] +1 [small]
Attack (unarmed): +3 = 2 [base] +1 [small]
Attack (missile): +7 = 2 [base] +4 [dexterity] +1 [small]
Grapple check: -2 = 2 [base] -4 [small]

 

Light load:
Medium load:
Heavy load:
Lift over head:
Lift off ground:
Push or drag:
25 lb. or less
26-50 lb.
50-75 lb.
75 lb.
150 lb.
375 lb.

 

Languages: Common Elven Giant Gnome

Dagger [1d3, crit 19-20/x2, range inc 10 ft., 1/2 lb., light, piercing]

Rapier [1d4, crit 18-20/x2, 1 lb., one-handed, piercing]

Shortbow [1d4, crit x3, range inc. 60 ft., 1 lb., piercing]

Chain shirt [light; +4 AC; max dex +4; check penalty -2; 12.5 lb.]

 

Feats:

    Track [free to rangers]
    Two-Weapon Fighting [ranger two-weapon track]
    Weapon Finesse  

Traits:

     

 

Skill Name Key
Ability
Skill
Modifier
Ability
Modifier
Ranks Misc.
Modifier
Appraise Int 2 = +2    
Balance Dex* 6.5 = +4 +2.5  
Bluff Cha 0 = +0    
Climb Str* 2 = +0  +2  
Concentration Con 3 = +3    
Craft_1 Int 2 = +2    
Craft_2 Int 2 = +2    
Craft_3 Int 2 = +2    
Diplomacy Cha 0 = +0    
Disguise Cha 0 = +0    
Escape Artist Dex* 6.5 = +4 +2.5  
Forgery Int 2 = +2    
Gather Information Cha 0 = +0    
Handle Animal Cha 7 = +0 +5  +2
Heal Wis 0 = +0    
Hide Dex* 10 = +4 +2 +4 [small]
Intimidate Cha 0 = +0    
Jump Str* 0 = +0  +6 -6 [speed 20]
Listen Wis 7 = +0 +2 +2 [gnome]
Move Silently Dex* 9 = +4 +5  
Perform_1 Cha 0 = +0    
Perform_2 Cha 0 = +0    
Perform_3 Cha 0 = +0    
Perform_4 Cha 0 = +0    
Perform_5 Cha 0 = +0    
Ride Dex 8 = +4 +2 +2 [handle animal]
Search Int 7 = +2 +5  
Sense Motive Wis 0 = +0    
Spot Wis 0 = +0    
Survival Wis 5 = +0    +5
Swim Str** 0 = +0    
Use Rope Dex 4 = +4    

* = check penalty for wearing armor

Handle Animal >=5 ranks gives +2 on wild empathy checks.
Search >=5 ranks gives +2 on survival checks while tracking.
Your wisdom is too low to use ranger magic.

 

Gnome:

      • +2 constitution / -2 strength (already included)

      • Small (combat bonuses, +4 to hide already included)

      • Low-light vision

      • +2 racial bonus on saves vs. illusions

      • +1 on DC of opponent's save vs. gnomish illusions

      • +1 racial bonus to hit kobolds and goblinoids

      • +4 dodge bonus on AC against giants

      • +2 bonus on listen checks (already included)

      • Speak with burrowing animals once per day

      • 1/day dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation

Ranger:
      • Favored enemies

      • Track as bonus feat (already included)

      • Combat Style

      • Endurance

      • Wild empathy (roll level + charisma bonus)

      • Endurance (level 3)

      • Animal Companion (level 4)

      • Woodland Stride (level 7)

      • Swift Tracker (level 8)

      • Evasion (level 9)

      • Camouflage (level 13)

      • Hide...
Old Grump  
#59 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2010 8:17:30 AM(UTC)
Old Grump

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/19/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,131

Pilot

Siddown and shut up all o' yez.  the piot says gruffly.  He tosses off the bow line and pulls the snap line releasing the stern line and the trimaran quickly swings away from the dock as the current pulls it out in the center of the deep channel.  The pilot asks for no help and apparently wants none as he leaps over the Gnome to swing the boom up to a sharp angle and then holding onto the sheet line lets the boom swing out just a little till it luffs up.  The current is taking you west but the wind is coming from the west so he has to tack but he does it so smoothly that he doesn't fight the current.  Its the magic of sailing, the ability to sail against the wind and still move forward.  His lips move and while at times he barely moves a muscle sometimes he releases the tiller and goes forward to make what seems like to the rest of you a minute adjustment to something but it seems to make him happy and you fly down the river. 

Suddenly he comes about the boat heeling over so sharply that the left hull of the trimaran is the only one in the water and your gear slides precariously to the port side of the boat.  Just as suddenly the boat comes down flat with a splash and he points.  There is a bend in the river where it narrows between 2 high banks and is barely 7 meters wide.  Up to now most of the river was between 500 to 900 meters from bank to bank.  There was a large barge in the middle of the river with lines going from the bow to both banks where they were anchored firmly.  2 smaller conventional sailboats were on either side of it but the sails were reefed in and there were 6 men on oars in each boat and 3 more in the bow with pikes.  The barge had no oarsmen but 8 men were up forward, some with swords, some with pikes and spears and two men armed with long bows.  A cabin in the middle of the barge supported a huge bearded man standing on top of it.  All he wore was a kilt and he was waving a very large broad axe as if it were a mere toy in his huge hands.  His voice bellowed out.  Lay too and pay passage or go back where ye came from. 

Damnation! mutters the pilot, Almost home and we wuz making such good time.  Well do you pay or do you fight because I'm not turning around.  I'll drown before I let Red Lardface get a penny offa me. 

As he speaks he reaches into a cubbyhole just to the left of the tiller mount and comes up with a beautiful saber.  A couple of lightening fast strikes that whistled then he snaps it to a low guard position and glares at you.  Well are you gonna pay him or are we gonna fight him?
MariachiDevil  
#60 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2010 1:22:09 PM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
 "I'll pay tolls to no man." Dingo stares resolutely ahead for a couple of seconds, then breaks his gaze and turns to look at the pilot. "But uh... there are lots of sharp things on those boats. How much are we expected to pay?"
Users browsing this topic
Guest (Hidden)
34 Pages<12345>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.1 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 1.545 seconds.