logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

34 Pages«<323334
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Old Grump  
#661 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2011 4:49:31 AM(UTC)
Old Grump

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/19/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,131

Nobody got your spear Rath but you finally shake the effects of the psychic shock emitted by the death of the golden mind eater just in time to see a large translucent hand grab it and disappear undewater with it.  A large swirl of water and a gurgle sound and the lakes water disappeared down a drain and then you and the party are standing in a drained lake.  The only water remaining are a few ankle deep puddles and bits of flotsam scattered around the muddy lake bottom from centuries worth of travelers and workers.  A chattering sound from the Lizardmen who are bobbing their heads at each other and then at you.  They quickly continue in the direction they were leading you.  Dardeaya following them closely as if afraid to be separated very far from them. 

They move up a slight slope and a few minutes later the ceiling lowers and all of you have to stoop.  Over the hours a low rumbling sound began to be heard and then the rythmic tap of large hammers in the back ground coming from a hole ahead of you.  You are heading straight towards it moving faster and faster and the Lizardmen appeared to be pulled towards the sound.  Suddenly Dardeaya darts ahead and stops facing you just in front of the 4' hole in the wall and spreads his arms out to stop all of you from advancing.  The Lizardmen utter a low growl and point their long spear points at his chest but he doesn't budge an inch.  A small boy holding off 3 giants with deadly spears aimed at him but Dareaya is adamant about not moving. 

 Action from everybody.   


Augrimm  
#662 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 9:29:29 AM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Rath looks between the lizardmen and the drow, making a pacifying guesture to the lizardmen and speaking quitely in draconic. "Let me handle this..... I'll see what the problem is."  He turns to the drow and asks in Common, "What is it  Dareaya?"  The templar figets a bit as he awaits a response, not liking these cramped contours at all.  Without his spear and with no room to swing his sword he felt vulnerable indeed..... 


Old Grump  
#663 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 8:46:47 PM(UTC)
Old Grump

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/19/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,131

Dardeaya

The sounds, the smells they are not real,  It it is an illusion. 

One Lizardman lowers his spear point a few inches and shakes his head as if confused.  The other two tremble in their eagerness to skewer the poor lad but theor orders to guide and protect them have stayed their hand.  Still a wrong move or a wrong word could push them over the edge as they hear mining and smell their kin just on the other side of the opening. 

 Action anybody, how do you calm down the lizardmen, one false move or word and it could end badly.  


Augrimm  
#664 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 5:47:03 AM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Rath turns back to the Lizardmen. "The little one says that the sounds and smells you sense are an illusion.  The tunnel ahead is probably a trap.  You will not free your kin if we fall prey to the dark monk's tricks....."

Dropping back into common he addresses Lazfur and Dareaya. "Is there any way you two could prove to them it's an illusion?  I'm afraid I'm rather lost when it comes to the more subtle magics." He shakes his head ruefully with a smile. "They are not the great Khann's way..." 

OOC: Yep, Rath has no ranks in Spellcraft or Knowledge Arcana.


Old Grump  
#665 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 12:06:19 AM(UTC)
Old Grump

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/19/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,131

 Lazfur, this would be  good time for you or any of the other AWOL's to pipe in with suggestions. 


dying_inxs  
#666 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 8:44:13 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Lazfur looks at the situation " if theres a spell about i will find it"

 

 

 

 knowledge arcana 17

 

 

 

 


Users browsing this topic
Guest (Hidden)
34 Pages«<323334
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.1 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.234 seconds.