logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ArtMonkey  
#41 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:35:13 AM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Yup, your go.  Face off with a Faction or PC against Zed OR a deal between Guy and a Faction, OR introduce Mitch Ambrose (or another character you make). 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
MariachiDevil  
#42 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2011 7:26:01 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 Graff struggles weakly in the powerful grip of the synth, his side burning with the pain of broken ribs. Despite his injuries, he remains defiant, spitting in Zed's face.

"Fuck you, plastic man. I ain't showin' you nothing, nowhere." He slides his free hand round behind him, reaching for the gun tucked into his belt, but the black-eyed synth catches his arm with lightning speed.

Zed glares at him, "Don't make me ask a third time, take me to your boss."

Suddenly the Midnighter relaxes, a pained grin forming on his face. "You fucked up man, you gotta know we don't take kindly to bozos who spike our brothers." He looks past Zed's shoulder, at the three gang members who now fill the end of the alley.  


ArtMonkey  
#43 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 4:25:48 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 "Hey, guys" Zed says casually, letting Graff drop to the ground.  "Sorry about the rough introduction.  I respect the Midnighters.  I really do.  But you're a small change operation making dumb decisions.  I just think you need some new leadership.  I mean, are you better off than you were four years ago?"

Zed sits on a garbage can.

"Are your brothers, the ones in charge, keeping you in the loop?  Sharing their success?  Or are you just corporate wage slaves without the benefit of a steady paycheck and a company car?" 

 I think my Goal for this scene is to tick "Ready".  Wish me luck. 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
MariachiDevil  
#44 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2011 3:55:00 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 As Zed talks, the three Midnighters stalk down the alley towards him. Each has a bulky pistol tucked into his pants and shock bars across his knuckles.

At the synth's words, however, their brows crease, and one by one they stop. One, possibly a quicker thinker than the others, rebuts.

"Success? Man, you got too many hops in you if you think we're workin'. The Midnighters are about brotherhood, don't nobody fuck with us!" he adds again, drawing his pistol. "Midnighters mean safety an'- an' taking what you need. Brother Bad don't keep anythin' from us, there ain't nothin' to keep. He gets us what we want, right boys?" He turns to the two behind him, looking for support. The taller one shounts wordless encouragement, but the other looks troubled. 


ArtMonkey  
#45 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2011 6:22:33 AM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 "Brother Bad?" Zed asks.  "What's he got planned for your safety tomorrow?  Do you think other gangs are just sitting around scratching thier asses?  They're working.  Growing.  Expanding.  Eventually, the Midnighters will be in their way.  And then the Midnighters will be gone."

Zed looks at each gang-member in turn.

"I need guys like you, to talk to the others.  To explain in a way that they'll understand.  And to share in the benefits I'm planning on bringing.  Are you guys in?" 

 Ok, die roll time, or do you want to play it out a little more?  I'm going to go ahead and declare that I'm using an Edge die. 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
MariachiDevil  
#46 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2011 12:03:27 PM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 Ok, to make Zed Dying with a good old fashioned beating was their original goal, but who knows, maybe Zed's convincing enough to talk them down to hunted, or maybe they'll just go away.

728 (2|4 INF - 1 success) 


ArtMonkey  
#47 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2011 4:09:11 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Dice: 4, 2, 4, 3 (R:3|4 W:4|6 A:2|3)  Woo!  3 successes vs. your 1 gives me two Outcomes.  Do you want to buy down my success by removing Zed's "Impaired(N)"?

 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
MariachiDevil  
#48 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2011 12:13:35 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 Indeed I do. Zed's got this. 

 "So's... whats yer sayin' is I get first dibs right. If we help yer now ye'll call us brothers?' The tall one mumbles, keeping his eyes averted from everyone else's gaze.

"I'm saying you don't need to be brothers. Every Midnighter will be richer and more powerful than ever before. But sure, there'll be places for bright guys like you." Zed keeps the exasperation out of his voice.

"Alright man, you're on. For our Midnighters." 


ArtMonkey  
#49 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2011 2:03:32 AM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Normally there'd be a bit where I'd highlight the offending NCon that was removed, so I'll throw that in now.  Also, I've still got one condition left, so I'll go with the obvious, "Supported(P)". 

 "Ok", Zed replies.  He's starting to sweat profusely.  "Pick up your buddy here and head across the street to the Chatsubo.Zed presses a rumpled wad of colorful bills into the tall one's hand. "Buy yourselves a few drinks.  I've got something to take care of."

Once they're gone, Zed pulls out the baggy of opiates.  It's empty but for the red half of an empty capsule casing.

"Damn", Zed curses.  "Never mind, then."  He tosses the baggy into the alley before stumbling out of the alley toward the building across the street. 

 Ok, you get an Edge for running the Midnighters.  I believe I've got next scene.  Don't know what yet, but I rolled doubles again, so I'll have to tie that in. 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
ArtMonkey  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 6:04:07 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Sorry for the delay.  Face-Off: Zed vs. Sen.  Probably looking to make Sen "Injured(N)".

 "I'm gonna need an edge", Zed says later to his new crew as they stand outside the Midnighter's building.  "Go ahead in.  I'm going to come in from here.Zed gestures to a high window near a drainpipe.

Zed begins to climb the pipe, hand-over-hand, and climbs through the window to find himself standing before a blank-faced android carrying a smaller 'droid in its arms.

"So, you're the ace-in-the-hole, huh?  Well, that's too bad for you.  I feel kind of bad capping a cousin, but life's hard, right?"

Zed pulls out his Pontiac Needler and cocks the mag-chamber…

 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
MariachiDevil  
#51 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 5:17:37 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 Sen's goal is to make Zed "Coerced(N)". 

 As the synth levels his weapon, the smaller droid turns its head to look at him. Her mouth hangs open a little and there's a little burst of machinespeak. Zed blinks, in that short burst was every detail of his synth body, down to the finest specs. 

The taller droid swings around, staring intently at his neck. "Mining synth, discontinued line, far too much processing power dedicated to organic processes, mental freedom. Memory, would this frame... yes, I thought so. If you're here to kill a Midnighter, I'd be more discrete." 


ArtMonkey  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:15:39 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Now somewhat uncomfortable, Zed levels the needler at Sen's face.

"What?  What are you?  Why are you such a big deal?" Zed asks.  "And I'll kill whatever and whoever I want.  That might be you." 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
MariachiDevil  
#53 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 12:16:23 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 "I'm Thought and Memory. Shooting me is even less adviseable. There are some who would disassemble you piece by piece if you caused me the least bit of data loss." Sen pauses, quickly checking the intent and emotional response of its last statement. It had been a threat and making it had elicited enjoyment. That was new.

"You're no assassin, so you're perhaps a member of a rival gang?" 


ArtMonkey  
#54 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:50:25 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

"Aw, see now?  Why'd you have to go and threaten me?  I'm a firm believer in 'killing my problems away'.  It was nice meeting you."

I'm calling it.  Using another Edge, too.  (You've got 1 Edge you can use as well).

1, 3, 6, 2 (R:2|4 W:3|6 A:1|3) 3 successes.  Your turn to roll.


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
MariachiDevil  
#55 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 4:33:47 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 Yeesh, with rolls like that, I think I'd better spend that edge.

689, 2 (R:2|4 W:6|7 A:8|4) 2 successes.

Sen's going to go with Coerced still, and add "Hunted(N)" as Department 7 will be on his trail the moment they find Sen (or what's left of her). 


ArtMonkey  
#56 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 9:47:27 AM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Unfortunately, Zed's roll beats Sen's, so Sen doesn't get her scene goal or any Outcomes.  Sen does get "Injured(N)", though.

Zed doesn't have any NCons to buy down, so my 3 minus your 2 is one Outcome, which Zed will use to tick "Willing".

It's up to you to end the scene now.  What happens?  How does Sen get injured?  How is Zed more commited, more sure of his goals?

And then it's your turn to have Sen or Guy make a Deal with a Faction, or have Sen or Guy or a Faction face off with Zed. 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
MariachiDevil  
#57 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2011 10:14:16 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 The hiss of the Needler is quiet, but you don't pack with the Midnighters without becoming very wary of that sound. From the hallways outside comes the grunt of a startled ganger but Zed's already moving, leaving the prone form of the droid behind him, a neat little hole bored in her forehead.

Crushing the ganger's throat with a punch, Zed setps into the hall and sets to searching the floor he's on, quickly finding the most opulent room in the joint. Top of the building, the Midnighters have a pretty tasteless idea of what makes a leader, but when it saves you the trouble of checking a whole building, who's going to complain?

Pushing his way into the room, Zed is met a startled man lounging on a wide, velvet covered bed and an equally startled hooker half undressed and straddling him. Before they have a chance to react, both slump, pools of blood spreading over the sheets.

Zed moves into the room cautiously, pushing the dead hooker aside to get a look at the man. He curses, disappointed. The face that stares blankly past him is Mosh, Bad's second in command. But still, he has the digs now, all he needs is the boys and the head of Brother Bad. 

 

Next scene later.


MariachiDevil  
#58 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 12:17:48 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 Face-off between Department 7 and Zed. 

 "Who the fuck is that!?' Demands Archer, throwing his pen against the wall in disgust. All around him sat a room of stunned watchers. "Get Stott's team in there now."

A large screen dominates the room all five of them are huddled into. Four men whose shift it was to monitor the actions of the lost AI and Archer, who hasn't left his vigil since the bugged plate was planted. The screen itself is dark now, but the afterimage of the synth is still burned into the eyes of each man. The man and his gun.

From the roof of the Midnighters' buildnig comes a soft footfall as a pair of black suited men appear. Far above them a silent black wedge hovers, zip lines flapping in the breeze. Their ear pieces buzz, and each man ducks over the side of the building, finding windows to swing themselves in through. One goes straight to the prone figures of Sen and Memory, inspecting the bullet wound. The other looks into the hall, seeing the synth stalk down it, gun in hand. 


ArtMonkey  
#59 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:01:57 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 After killing Mosh, Zed heads back to the main area, stalking down the hall, looking for Bad.

Something is wrong, though Zed doesn't know what, but he can feel it.  There's a silent tension in the building in direct contrast to the brutal energy of the Midnighters or even himself.

Through the doorway at the far end of the hall he can see some of the other Midnighters.  His own guys are there as well and it looks like they're in the middle of an argument.

Zed feels for a moment that he's being watched, but when he looks back he sees only the rest of the hallway and the open door and window to the room where he dropped the 'droid. 

Good stuff, as usual!  (Sorry for the delay.)


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
MariachiDevil  
#60 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2011 5:41:42 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 Department 7's goal is to make Zed 'Hunted(N)' 

 The two black suited men inspect the rooms around them, silenced pistols in their hands. Most of the Midnighters seem involved in a mounting argument down the hall and the synth seems to be heading down towards them.  

One of the men raises his gun, lining up a shot down the hallway, squeezing the trigger slowly... 

 Sorry, uninspired post, but I'm super busy at the moment. 


Users browsing this topic
Guest (Hidden)
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.1 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.818 seconds.