logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

18 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dying_inxs  
#41 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 9:38:21 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 As u make you way to the gate you hear the foot steps stop ( do you look back?)

At the guard house  

you see a defnsiveable building 10 foot high walls iron gate pad lockedits is a3 storry stone structure witha  look out post on the roof is a look out post with a looking glasses pointing to the market

 

 

 

 What do u do?

gonna have to climb or pick or smash the lock  


Augrimm  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 12:26:39 AM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Considering that Demarius and Red are both poor at climbing(Athletics) and lock picking(Thievery) if they need to force their way in it looks like smashing is the way to go.  However I'd rather not do any smashing if I can avoid it.  Were we expecting the guardhouse to still be inhabited?  Perhaps we could convince any surviving guards to open the doors for us. 

 Demarius calls over his shoulder to Red, "Little One, you and Teddy keep watch to our rear.  Your eyes are sharper than my own.  I'm going to see if anyone is still home."

The tiefling knight approaches the building, calling out in a loud voice "Ho the Guard House!!  We've come from the guards upon the outer walls to secure supplies.  They are desperately short of food and other sundries.  If there are any of the living within these walls please answer!" 

 Diplomacy(if needed): 20 (Demarius is rolling poorly for his diplomacy checks this session it seems.... good thing his modifier is so high.) 


dying_inxs  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 6:13:18 AM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Demarius unfortunately your calls fall on deaf ears the place seem abandon if there is someone in there they are not listening or don't care ..

 

you Hear a loud groaning sound coming from the market !!

 

What do u do!


Ravencrow  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 3:12:36 PM(UTC)
Ravencrow

[View User Details]
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/21/2011(UTC)
Posts: 287
Location: Pit of KD with Ketchup - The Ultimate Abomination

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 Well, we both absolutely suck in the strength department so forcing the lock is right out.  So is picking it.  Not happening.  Red will take the lock in hand within her cloak and will try blasting it with her at will in the hopes she can break it.  Average damage is 15.  She's trying to do it within her cloak to hide the glow, at Demarius' urging I'm sure. 


Tempt not the wrath of Dragons, as you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Augrimm  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 3:24:23 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Indeed!  And while Red is busy trying to cut through the lock with her "lasers", Demarius will take over the standing watch.  As long as the monsters are content to back in the market, he's content to let them.  Maybe they're feasting on that rotten mound of corpses or something.  Right now their mission is to secure some supplies, not engage in random battles with infected citizens. 


dying_inxs  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 6:17:06 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Red the blast from your holy magic cuases the lock to glow red even though u cover it some light escapes and u see on the other side of the gate a Severed hand in its grips a key

you hear a "GRRRGGGHHHHH! " it appears what ever is behind you has picked up the groups scent

 

 

 

What do you do!

 

 u have 1 more round left what do u do im gonna asume u try and  pick up the key

greater then 10 on a should get it for u

 

also sorry i thought i had posted this yesterday :\ i do that some time i type it out and leave alone so i can come back and edit it but i forget and i closed the brwoser lol sorry

 

 


Edited by user Wednesday, October 19, 2011 10:54:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ravencrow  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 9:26:24 PM(UTC)
Ravencrow

[View User Details]
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/21/2011(UTC)
Posts: 287
Location: Pit of KD with Ketchup - The Ultimate Abomination

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 Having smaller arms, Red tries to reach for the key first.  3 

 

 After several frantic seconds of reaching, Red gives up and stands with her hands on her hips.  She addresses the key, "Oh pooh!  How am I supposed to reach you if you don't cooperate?" 


Tempt not the wrath of Dragons, as you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Augrimm  
#48 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 5:58:12 AM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

  Seeing Red struggling to reach something, Demarius sheaths his sword and goes to investigate.  Seeing the key he reaches his hand through, his longer arms enabling him to manage to get ahold of it.  Yanking the key free he quickly tries to open the gate.  "I think our friends in the market are growing impatient.  Let's get inside before they come looking for us." 

 Reaching for Key: 19 


dying_inxs  
#49 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2011 2:02:40 AM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

The gate opens ! just then at your back  u  see them at least 20 ghouls come towards you !!

 

 

 

What do you do!!


Ravencrow  
#50 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2011 4:36:01 AM(UTC)
Ravencrow

[View User Details]
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/21/2011(UTC)
Posts: 287
Location: Pit of KD with Ketchup - The Ultimate Abomination

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

@ Demarus: Now's not the time to be the defender, open it up and get in first.  I can turn undead if I have to and push them back.  After you're in, I can follow and you can close and lock the gate.  I'll need my actions free.

 Red claps her hands,  "You did it!!  Open the door quick Big Brother, they are coming!"  Red turns to face the undead hoard and addresses the bear, "Now's not the time to be a hero teddy, we'll just buy enough time for Demarus to get us inside." 


Tempt not the wrath of Dragons, as you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
dying_inxs  
#51 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2011 5:38:44 AM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)


Augrimm  
#52 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2011 5:40:18 AM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Demarius steps inside the gate, reaching out with one hand to pull Red in after him.  He quickly pushes the gate closed and locks it once more, stepping back carefully away from the portcullis and drawing forth his sword once more.

"Well Little One, the locals certainly seem eager to meet us.  We should still be cautious.  Just becuase no one answered my hail doesn't mean that this building is empty.  There may be more of them inside."  Demarius turns his wary eyes upon the Guard House before advancing forwards ahead of Red.  "Shall we then?" 


dying_inxs  
#53 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2011 5:49:12 AM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 The creature lung for u but you close the gate just in time!!!.

the creatures seem not to care for the gate the try and push agisnt it the iron burning there skin !

the one at the lead scream in denial " RARWWGGHHH OROA" the just wait there stairing at u as to say we know u have to come out eventually ..

 

the guard house villa is empty except for some blood stain and random body parts laying around the front door shut only one window at the 3 floor seem to be a looking glass there pointing to the market place ..

 

you here more groweling it seems more of the zombies are ariving in the gate u came in and they seem to wait there......there will be no going out that way .. well unless u wish to face the horde ... 

 

 

what do u do


Augrimm  
#54 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2011 3:17:26 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Demarius opens to door to the Guard House and follows the directions he was given to the storeroom (which I assume is the southern-most room with all the chests on the Map), motioning Red to stay close behind him.  He lets his eyes adjust to the gloom and moves forward slowly and cautiously, his senses straining to detect any sign that they might not be alone.... 

 Passive Perception: 19 


dying_inxs  
#55 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2011 11:05:07 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 As you move forward you head to the room on the south you find dozen of chest closed and on the wall dozens of weapons when you open the chest you find city gurad armor

in the last chest you find it full of iron rations nothing delicous but one bar could feed a man for a week and ther looks to be hundreds. you have found what you were sent to find !

 

 you hear a magic blast coming from the front gate of house !! "ZZAAAAAP POOOOWW"

 

 

 

 

 

 

What do you do now?

 

 

 

 ok 2 things one there might be a weapon that you would like in this armory roll a d20 name your weapon higher then 10 its there and yours for the taking weapon level no greater the 12 please

2nd thing by the look of it we wont finsh this thing in october would u liketo contuie till were done? 


Augrimm  
#56 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 12:05:58 AM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Demarius is happy with his weapon already (it's level 12 anyways)  Are there only weapons available?.  And sure, feel free to continue until done. It's not like we're going to object to playing a bit longer..... :D  Is Frandal going to be joining us? 

 Demarius reaches down and fills his pack with the iron rations, motioning Red to do the same.  At the sound of the magic blast he turns instinctively towards the front gate.  "It seems we've attracted the attention of Something Else besides the mindless hordes...... We need to find another way out and probably quickly.  Maybe there's an old escape tunnel around here somewhere..... Let's search the ground floor and if we can't find anything, we'll try and sneak out the rear gate." 


Ravencrow  
#57 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 1:38:41 PM(UTC)
Ravencrow

[View User Details]
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/21/2011(UTC)
Posts: 287
Location: Pit of KD with Ketchup - The Ultimate Abomination

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 While stuffing her basket with rations, Red notices a metallic glint and moves to investigate.  13 Assuming armour is ok she finds a set of Astral Fire Braidmail.  I also have a lvl 12 weapon and don't need another.  

 "Oooooh, shiny!!"  Red exclaims as she quickly strips off her old armour and slides into the new set.  "Demarus, you better not be peeking!!  Teddy, hit him if he's looking!"  Red then dashes out the door to search other rooms for a way out.  (edit: oops forgot narative text :P) 

 

 Passive Perception: 21 

 


Tempt not the wrath of Dragons, as you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
dying_inxs  
#58 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 9:25:59 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 as Red you find the armor in a box labels captain's stuff it fits surpizeingly well as you try to cross the hallway to check the other room u see through the left open front door A electrical blast comeing from the top of this building " ZZZZZZRAGHPOARP!!" hitting the ghuols out side the gates !!!

 

What do u do!!

 

 

 

 yeah i ment to put weapons and armor lvl 12 my bad  


Augrimm  
#59 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 9:44:54 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,159
Location: Toronto. Canada

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

 Oh, alrighty then.... perhaps some Gith Plate of Necrotic Resistance +3 (level 12)?

Die Roll: 20 (dang......) 

 As he prepares to leave the storeroom Demarius notices a set of black plate armour of exquisite craftsmanship.  He removes his armour and tries on the new set, which adjusts to fit him perfectly.  With a low Whistle he whispers, "The guard here are well stocked indeed...." 


dying_inxs  
#60 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 10:18:43 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

 hehe a 20 never when u need eh? lol make sure to add em to your sheets

what are you guys gonna do? try and find a way out or invistagate the blasts coming from the top floor? 


Edited by user Monday, October 24, 2011 10:52:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Users browsing this topic
Guest (Hidden)
18 Pages<12345>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.1 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.596 seconds.