logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages«<6789>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Frandal  
#141 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 11:37:54 PM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Ok Kul will use his telekinesis to take at least half of the papers, so they could see something and to discover why they are turning that way... Is there any other exit of the room?

This night he'll sleep like a baby...

Once they had finished exploring and with some night rest he'll recover the rest of the papers. 


ArtMonkey  
#142 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 12:27:18 AM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 You still have nothing to store the papers in! :( 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
Frandal  
#143 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 11:27:58 AM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Oh.. true.. shit... then I guess that before starting we return to the ship and take some sacks if there are any, or empty a tool box or two to have something to store the pages...  


ArtMonkey  
#144 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 8:03:05 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 You manage to empty out a trunk and bring it back.  Since it's all so dense, and you're not going to get anywhere near all of it, you don't need to use your telekinesis.  After about a minute, you've got the trunk half full.

Suddenly, something large, sleek, dark and multilegged bursts out of the cloud of pages, and its heavy claw slams into Kul, throwing him against the wall!  It then scrambles past everyone, unhindered by the water, skittering back down the hall behind them! 

 Enemy Attack (1d20 + 5BAB +  7AC) = 31 (HIT) Damage:3
Vaccsuit Tear (50%) = 98 (SAFE)

What do you do?! 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
Frandal  
#145 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 10:16:13 PM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 "What... what... cough cough.. " Kul tries to recover his breath " what was that??!! Have you seen it??" he moves his arms pointing to the place where it hit his suit and the places where it dissapeared while he talked. Then the othres connect with him

"...probabilities to find a life form was... what? yes yes I'm ok... I think I got a contusion at my back but I'm ok, suit's fine and there's no sign of injure or broken bones... now... we must follow that creature!! " he says taking his stunstick "a live specimen!! and we better keep our eyes open!! there could be more!!"

 


ArtMonkey  
#146 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 12:11:07 AM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Olin readies his revolver and charges forward after the creature.  He sees it skitter up the hallway toward the sharp crystals, but he can't keep up because the creature tripped the pump, and everyone is forced to hold on until it quits.  Finally, everyone is able to follow, and once again you find yourself facing the very dangerous forest of razor-sharp mineral formations.  The creature must be very agile to have made it through unharmed, but there is definitely no other way it could have fled.  That's when an orange glow pulses throught the hallway, like some kind of alarm.

What now? 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
dying_inxs  
#147 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 3:40:16 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

"i dont like this" jul says keeping his pistol out "lets find somthing to smash these growsth and make our way through "

 

juls looks for somhthing to smash the growths


Edited by moderator Thursday, March 22, 2012 5:55:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ArtMonkey  
#148 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 7:53:50 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Well, there are many benches, though they're iced-over and probably bolted down.  The tool room has a variety of broken (but hefty) tools (plus that sealed box you found earlier).  Bashing the crystals by hand (using a tool) is still probably dangerous, with all of the pieces flying about.  You could shoot the mineral growths with your pistols, but it would probably eat through all of your ammo.  Don't forget, there's that flashing alarm going on, too.  What danger does that present? 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
Frandal  
#149 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2012 2:06:26 PM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 " A sentient creature??!! Do you think it connected the alarm?! Then we should try to communicate with it! Like in the events at Tragal IV when some explorers found and indigenous life form and manage to communicate with... what? yes, yes, the alarm could have been connected by the creature passing some dangerous zone and could be automatic, but fleeing this way probe some kind of inteligence. We must keep it cautious. To cross this? Ok, I think that we could break through. Let's break it and then use the pump here to clean the room of any floating razor sharp debris and then continue after the creature... Shoot at it by all means, It's the faster way trough! " when they were about to disconnect they could hear Kul saying " I hope this is not something holy to them... or we are going to get into real troubles.."  


Edited by user Wednesday, April 18, 2012 4:05:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ArtMonkey  
#150 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2012 4:39:57 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Julius and Olin begin blasting away at the crystaline structures, shooting a path betwen this doorway and the one on the far side.  They get two-thirds of the way across, with another three yards to go, but now have only half of the ammunition with which they started.  Julius and Olin each have 10 rounds left.  It will take about 10 more to get all the way through, leaving them each with only 5 ammunition.

What now?  Do you continue to shoot through the crystals, or do you do something else? 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
Frandal  
#151 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 4:04:11 AM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 While the others had been firitn their way through Kull went to pick some heavy tools.

" Save some of your ammo, use this to finish the job... " he says giving the tools to them. 


ArtMonkey  
#152 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:19:22 AM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Vaccsuit punctures? 33 ? 85 ?

Initiative: O:4 J:5 K:7 "Bug":8

Bug attacks Olin: 15 and 24  DMG: 2 and 3 Vaccsuit puncture?:100 ? 

Olin takes 3 of 4 damage!

 As carefully as possible, Olin and Julius beat a path to the other doorway.  There's a snaking hallway, about 9 meters long.  As you get closer, you can hear a low, melancholy music carrying through the water.

The hall opens into a round room.  In the center is one of the tree-aliens, tall and beautiful, singing a sad song.  Occassionally, its form distorts, bulging or warping in places.  Suddenly, it is right in front of you, but then gone again.  Lights and shapes flicker in and out of existence, making it nearly impossible to distinguish threats.

Julius and Olin have thier pistols ready, and it's lucky, because that's when the black, insect-like thing lunges at Olin through the water, claws extended, and slashes at him, the blow smashing him into the doorway!

What now, Kul?! 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
Frandal  
#153 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:29:42 AM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Attack the creature: 18 +5 -2 = 21!

Damage: 7

 

Nearly hipnotized by the appearance of the image of the tree-alien, Kul didn't see the bug-thing incoming.

But he tries to help Olin in his fight with the thing, and he uses his stun baton against it!


Edited by moderator Wednesday, April 18, 2012 4:55:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

dying_inxs  
#154 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 3:48:54 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

jules fire his pistol @ the bug

 

 

 Attack the creture 2 im not sure what bounses to apply Edit not that i matter jeeeess :(

 

 


ArtMonkey  
#155 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:12:23 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 The combat roll: 1d20 + target's AC + your skill + your attribute modifier + any attack bonus.  You need a 20 or better to hit.

Currently, everybody is at -2 because of all of the flickering apparitions.  Julius and Olin also have a -2 because of their bulky vaccsuits.

Olin shoots the "bug" (AC 5): 15 Miss!

Sorry, Olin: (Claw - 16   Dmg - 4)  (Claw - 18 Dmg - 4) (Holy Crap! The lucky bastard!)

You guys might not die after all! 

 Kul swats the bug with his stun baton, the contact sending a jolt of electricity through the apparently mechanical creature!  It jerks as the attack fries something inside it.  Julius fires a shot that passess through the thing's multiple legs, and Olin fires, too, but the bullet sparks off of a shoulder plate.

The bug-droid tries to finish Olin off, but the desperate xenoarcheologist ducks and rolls out of the way of one claw, the other scratching at his tough vaccsuit ineffectively!

What do you do now? 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
dying_inxs  
#156 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:18:15 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Jules fires agian

 

 

 11 dont know targets ac + 3 tech skill? + 1 dex? -2 


ArtMonkey  
#157 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 6:14:21 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 11 +5(AC) +0(Skill) +1(Dex) -4(Penalties) = 13 (Miss)

Basically, as long as you're in this room wearing that suit, you'll need to roll a natural 18+ to hit.  You might want to lure it into the hallway. 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
dying_inxs  
#158 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 6:22:56 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 612

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

unable to get a fix on his target jules pulls out his knife i guess will have to do this the old fashion way

he jumps at the creature knife out

 

 

 lol i know but hey luck is for the bold

 attack 18 


Frandal  
#159 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 5:59:02 PM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Jules can see Kul talking, but by the sadness in his face he can imagine that discovering that the creature was a droid was somehow dissapointing to him.

Nevertheless the medic tries to hit the droid again with the stun baton.

 

 9 


ArtMonkey  
#160 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:50:01 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 It's up to you, Olin!: Shoots (17) for (8) damage! (Miss!)

Droid: Claws at Olin twice (26 and 16) for (3) and (3) damage! 

 The thing is just too fast, too well armored, and has you at a disadvantage in the chaotically shifting room.  Julius fires another shot at the insectile droid, but his vaccsuit slows him down too much, and the droid evades him.  Kul, too, fails to connect with his stun baton.

Unfortunately, the machine isn't so hindered, and you feel like you can hear Olin's ribs crunch (you can't) as one of the droid's claws smashes him to the floor where he lies in a motionless heap.

Crap.  What do you do now? 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
Users browsing this topic
Guest (Hidden)
9 Pages«<6789>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.1 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.994 seconds.