logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
way2tall  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2012 7:24:59 PM(UTC)
way2tall

[View User Details]

Groups: Registered

Alrighty...  just a quickie;  I've delayed everyone long enough...

Move:  stand

Minor heal myself surge +6

Standard:  Acidic Surge (to get some distance from Red, at least 2 squares to avoid the Marauding Step, maybe even towards our frontliners)

Action Surge:  standard:  Relentless wounding vs Red (17 vs AC, 22 dmg, reliable,  target will receive 4 more damage/attack for the encounter.)

Aaagh!  You'll regret that.  *twang*

Augrimm  
#42 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2012 1:06:45 AM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Ryltar slips amongst the broken rocks and scrub, closing in on the priest.  Raising his crossbow he fires a bolt towards his target but even caught off of his guard the priest possesses agility that defies his appearance and the bolt goes wide.  Rolen breaks cover and streaks towards the traitor priest with incredible speed but once again the priest's own speed and agility saves him from harm, the monk's flashing fists connecting with nothing but empty air as his opponent dodges every blow.

As Finceleb is struck by the White Guard's sword he lashes out in return, guided by yells from the prone Jett.  Matching his opponent's furious swordplay with his own, the knight presses his advantage, scoring a hit on the Guard's shoulder.  Divine power envelopes the White Guard, ensuring Bahamut's retribution should he attack any other than the knight.

Vengeance circles carefully around the glaive-wielding Green Guard before pressing his attack against the Black-scaled archer once more, cutting another serious wound into him.  Jett regains his feet, his form flowing into a wave of hissing acid that flows away faster than the Red Guard can keep up.  Regaining his solid form, Jett fires an arrow at his assailant, but the shot bounces harmlessly off of his foes thick scale-mail armour.

The Green Guard stalks after Vengeance, coming right next to him before launching a sweeping slash with his glaive which the Gith is barely able to deflect with his own weapon.  With a curse the Black Guard's colours once more take on a chameleon-like aspect as he retreats from the avenger.  Vengeance takes advantage of this opening to launch a quick slash at the archer, but his strike lacks divine guidance and the rushed attack misses.  The archer retreats into the cover of more brush and rock, his cloaked from rendering him practically invisible(Stealth: 34).

The White Guard continues to rain blows upon Finceleb with furious abandon, scoring another painful hit upon the knight.  The Blue guard once more sends his crackling whip of lightning lashing at the knight, scoring a glancing hit that sends painful jolts along Finceleb's spine and muscles.

The Red Guard follows after the warlord, his  calculating and precise movements a sharp contrast to those of his White-scaled ally .  Once again his halberd strikes out, the heavy weapon smashing into Jett's chest in a red spray of blood.  "It's over little archer.... there is no escape here for you...."

The priest steps back away from Rolen, a riot of multi-hued energy blasting out from his outstretched hand and slamming into the monk.  "You fools!  None can interfere with my lady!  I shall offer your copses at her feet and be beloved more than any of her other servants!" 

Red's Recharge roll: 1

Green HallowGuard attacks Vengeance with Glaive: 21 vs AC

Vengeance attacks Black Guard with Overwhelming Strike(AoO): 19 vs AC

Red HallowGuard attacks Jett with Halberd: 31 vs AC, 16 damage and Jett is marked until the end of Red's next turn

White HallowGuard attacks Finceleb with Draconic Fury: 24/15 vs AC, 10 damage

Blue HallowGuard attacks Finceleb with Lightning Lash: 16 vs Reflex, 8 lightning damage

Exemplar of Tiamat attacks Rolen with Chromatic Ray: 24 vs Refex, 10 acid,cold,fire,lightning, and poison damage

Black Hallowguard's save vs Bond of Foresight: 14 success

Jett is bloodied (22 hps left)

Black Hallowguard has taken 40 damage (bloodied)

White Hallowguard has taken 24 damage and is marked by Finceleb's Divine Sanction.  

Ok, Jett's in a painful way, with the Red Guard once more adjacent to him and bloodied once more, but overall it wasn't too bad.  Some poor damage rolls there (well, except vs Jett....).

Waiting on actions from Everyone.

and is marked

Edited by user Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:21:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rahvin  
#43 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:31:57 AM(UTC)
Rahvin

[View User Details]

Ryltar does a quick scan of the battlefield, trying to decide on an appropriate course. After a moment, his eyes lock onto the Blue Guard and a slight grin crosses his face. He quickly crosses the intervening distance making no attempt to hide his approach, and they both disappear in a cloud of inky blackness.

Move: move adacent to the Blue Guard, avoiding attacks of opportunity.

Minor: Activate cloud of darkness, once adjacent.

Action: 

Hobble | 16 +2 for combat advantage vs. AC | 9 + 8 sneak attack Martial, Weapon damage
Effect (even on miss): You knock the target prone. The target can't stand up (save ends).

A twang, scream and thud are all that is heard from the darkness.

I hope on the scream!

Ravencrow  
#44 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2012 11:43:13 AM(UTC)
Ravencrow

[View User Details]

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Vengeance's actions

Standard: Driving Assault vrs Green Hallowguard 26 vrs AC for 22 radiant damage.

On a hit push him 3 squares away from the party and away from the direction of Black.

Minor: Perception Check to find Black. 16

Move:  Move to the general area Black dissappeared in. 

"There is no escape for you.  Call your companion again little coward and let us have an end to this." 

Tempt not the wrath of Dragons, as you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Frandal  
#45 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2012 12:59:40 PM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Using the weight of his sword, the paladin rises the fullblade over his head and tries to hit the White Guard, sending him back towards the back of their own group. He pressed on, trying to mantain the initiative of the fight, trying to keep him off foot.

Divine Pursuit | 33 vs. Fortitude | 23 Divine, Weapon damage
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier damage, and you push the target a number of squares equal to your Wisdom modifier. You then shift to the nearest square adjacent to the target. 

way2tall  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:18:37 PM(UTC)
way2tall

[View User Details]

Hmm.  Well, if I do anything, I'm down. Red'll just keep pounding me, and I can't shift or attack without drawing at least one more attack from him, more likely two.  Unless he misses.  Heh.  And me hitting anyone else is at -2...

Right.

Finceleb needs to remain standing, since it appears he's the one they want down most, being the bearer of the Fang.

minor:  heal Finceleb:  surge +4

standard: second wind

move:  trade for a free.

'Can someone get this clown off of me so that I can do something effective?'

Augrimm  
#47 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2012 5:07:57 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]

*Opening the floor for someone to post an action for Rolen*

Edit:  Also, Finceleb's attack was a crit!  Actual damage: 43 

Edited by user Thursday, January 12, 2012 8:39:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ravencrow  
#48 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2012 8:09:33 PM(UTC)
Ravencrow

[View User Details]

The monk moves to engage the Red warrior, sending a kick towards the back of the warriors knees in an attempt to topple his foe. 

Move: engage Red warrior, if possible with any other enemies in close burst 1 though I think this unlikely.  If he is within 2 squares of red he will use Eternal Mountain movement power to shift 2 and gain damage resistance 3.  If not then a regular move.

Standard: Eternal Mountain vrs Red 28 vrs Reflex for 17 damage.  Add Furious Assault for another 7 and 5 from Flurry of Blows. 

Red can't shift until the end of Rolen's next turn and is knocked prone. 

Augrimm  
#49 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2012 3:57:53 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]

Ryltar dashes towards the Blue guard, calling forth a cloud of inky darkness that envelopes them both.  The Blue guard cries out in alarm at the darkness, and then again in pain as the rogue's crossbow bolt finds it's mark in his thigh, causing him to collapse upon the dusty road.  Unable to see his assailant, but knowing his general location, the Blue guard begins to gather a massive charge of electricity in an attempt to simply blast the entire area.  Ryltar takes advantage of the opening presented by the concentrating caster and delivers a quick and deadly thrust, twisting his blade inside his opponent.  The Blue guard screams in agony and his massive blast of lightning flies wide, accomplishing nothing beyond giving those outside the darkness an impressive visual display.

Vengeance whirls upon the Green guard, delivering a powerful blow of his sword that sends the sleek warrior staggering backwards. Free of engagement, Vengeance hunts towards where the Black one vanished, his eyes sweeping the landscape for signs of his prey but to no avail.  An arrow grazes the avenger, the Black guard appearing some 15 feet away from him as it's camouflage fades away.  As Vengeance turns towards the archer the Green Guard charges at his rear, impaling him through the shoulder and wrenching him back and around, interposing himself between the Gith and the archer.

Finceleb brings his blade up over his head, his divine might joining with the primordial cold of the Frostfang's power.  He unleashes an unstoppable slash that cuts deep into the White guard ahead of him, layers of ice a frost coating the edges of the wound as frozen crystals of blood explode outward in a misty spray.  The frenzied warrior is blasted backwards, barely able to keep his feet and the knight presses forward and presses his attack.  His momentum is momentarily stolen as he leaps back to dodge a blast of riotous energy thrown at him by the priest.  This brief reprieve is enough to allow the White guard to regain the offensive, one of his blades crunching into Finceleb's side, drawing blood.

Jett calls out for help, desperately trying to catch his breath under the Red guard's relentless assault.  Seeing Finceleb injured and under attack from multiple directions he calls out words  of encouragement that seem to bolster the knight's fighting spirit, reducing the pain of his wounds.  Rolen dashes over to the Warlord's aid, unleashes a powerful flurry of blows that knocks the massive warrior from his feet.  With a snarl the Red guard regains his feet, sending his halberd whistling towards the Warlord but Jett's defensive movements manage to foil the attack. 

Red's Recharge roll: 4

Black HallowGuard attacks Vengeance with Shortbow: 31 vs AC, 7 + 5 poison damage

Green HallowGuard charges Vengeance with Glaive25 vs AC, 9 damage and Vengeance is slid 3 sqaures away from the Black Guard(but still adjacent to the Green)

Red HallowGuard attacks Jett with Halberd18 vs AC, Jett is marked until the end of the Red Guard's next turn.

White HallowGuard attacks Finceleb with Draconic Fury:10/21  vs AC,  14 damage

Ryltar attacks Blue Hallowgaurd with Melee Basic(AoO): 27 vs AC, 22 damage (crit!)

Blue HallowGuard attacks Finceleb with Lightning Burst(burst 2): 17 vs Reflex

Exemplar of Tiamat attacks Finceleb with Chromatic Ray: 13 vs Refex

Blue Hallowguard's save vs Hobble1 fail

Vengeance is bloodied (26 hps left)

Black Hallowguard has taken 40 damage (bloodied)

White Hallowguard has taken 67 damage (bloodied)

Blue Hallowguard has taken 39 damage (bloodied) and is prone

Green Hallowguard has taken 22 damage

Red HallowGuard has taken 29 damage and cannot shift until the end of Rolen's next turn. 

Ok, the Green Guard is between Vengeance and the Black Guard and is adjacent to him.  Everyone else is engaged with their chosen opponent (the priest is currently unengaged).

Edited by user Friday, January 13, 2012 6:49:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ravencrow  
#50 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2012 7:15:07 PM(UTC)
Ravencrow

[View User Details]

Vengeance's actions (edited and re-edited... poor Black)

Move: Shift one square away from Green maintaining distance of 6 to Black.

Minor: Enduring Spirit - Vengeance gains +4 to all defenses until the end of his next turn.  That's +6 with his armour.

Standard: Charge Black with Overwhelming Strike 32 or 21 vrs AC for 18 radiant damage.

(I think Black wants the original plan.... 31 radiant damage)

"A good showing Green one, but no one stands between me and my prey."  Vengeance shifts away from the Green warrior, calling on his God's protection as he once again turns to face his chosen foe.  Raising his sword above his head, Vengeance quickly closes the distance and blasts into the Black one with a vicious stroke of his fullblade.

Edited by user Saturday, January 14, 2012 3:01:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Augrimm  
#51 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2012 7:49:18 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]

Green attacks Vengeance with Glaive(threatening reach): 17 vs AC

Black attacks Vengeance with Acid Pool(Close Burst 1): 27 vs Reflex, 18 acid damage.  Burst becomes a zone Until the end of the encounter.  Creatures entering or starting their turn there suffer 5 acid damage.

Black is dead.

Edited by user Saturday, January 14, 2012 3:11:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

way2tall  
#52 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2012 9:15:32 AM(UTC)
way2tall

[View User Details]

Yeeeeah, about what I figured.  They explode when they die.  Wasn't expecting a zone, though.

And Aug:  correct me if I'm wrong, but the fact that he can't himself shift wouldn't prevent Red from 'M-step'-ing  me if I shift away, since he still gets the basic attack part of it and has reach?

I'm proceeding on that assumption...

Shift back (ouch) and shoot at Red if I'm still standing.

Relentless wounding, surprise arrow.  (19 vs AC, 17 dmg, +4 dmg etc.) 

Wth, lucky charm if that looks to miss. 3

dying_inxs  
#53 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 1:46:01 AM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]

Lion's Den | 11 vs. Reflex | 9 damage
Lion's Den [Attack Technique]

You jab, step to the side, then assume an offensive posture from which you can sting any foe that draws near.

At-Will Full Discipline, Implement, Psionic
Standard Action Melee touch

Target: One creature

Attack: Dexterity vs. Reflex

Hit: 1d6 + Dexterity modifier damage. Until the start of your next turn, as a free action, you can deal damage equal to your Constitution modifier to any enemy that enters a square adjacent to you.
Level 21: 2d6 + Dexterity modifier damage.

Frandal  
#54 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 12:15:29 PM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]

Am I close enought of at least two enemies to use Call of Challenge and Strenght form Valor? if not Finceleb will mark White and use Holy Strike agaisnt him. I'll describe his actions when I'll know wich one is more appropiate ;)  

Augrimm  
#55 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 3:38:39 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]

You could catch the priest and White with Call to Challenge, but you can't hit both with Strength from Valour without taking an AoO from White (the priest has been staying a bit back from his troops, since they have this nasty habit of exploding on death...) 

Frandal  
#56 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 6:34:30 PM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]

Hmmm it seems that I already have their attention ;) I see I have to move at least two squares to be between them so Strenght from valour will take them two. It seems that we are a little busy here so better be a little bit defensive.

"You'll be undone priest, your guards cannot stop me, and your powers are nothing next to Bahamut's might!"

Frostfang seems to be be on white fire when the holy energy covers its surface.

"Step aside Tiamat follower!" he says to the White guard " I have matters to discuss with your master..." and he attacks the guard, trying to reach the back of his right kneel, so he cannot follow him when he charges the priest.

Minor: mark the White guard with Divine Challenge

Move: Shift to be on his side, and one square closer to the priest.

Standard:

Holy Strike | 23 vs. AC | 22 Divine, Radiant, Weapon damage
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier radiant damage. If you marked the target, you gain a bonus to the damage roll equal to your Wisdom modifier.

Augrimm  
#57 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 1:31:06 AM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]

Argh!  I just finished a mini-update and it got erased!  Unfortuantely I don't have time to type it again..... 

Short news: Jett hit but was hit back in return for 13 damage thanks to Maruading Step (down to 20 hps)

Finceleb killed the White Guard but took 18 damage from the White Guard's Freezing Mist death explosion (down to 18 hps).  The burst 1 is now a zone that makes every square in it count as lightly obscured.

So Black and White are dead, Blue and Red are bloodied, and Green is injured. 

Still waiting on an action from Ryltar.

Rahvin  
#58 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 3:32:38 AM(UTC)
Rahvin

[View User Details]

Ryltar glances at the blue, lying on the ground in front of him, and decides its best to finish him off.

Minor: sheath shortsword

Free: Reload

Action: 

Sly Flourish | 28 + 2 combat advantage AC | 12 + 9 sneak damage Martial, Weapon damage

Move: move quetly away, and hide in the nearby brush.

Stealth 31

Augrimm  
#59 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 5:02:46 PM(UTC)
Augrimm

[View User Details]

Ryltar takes careful aim and fires a point-blank shot into the Blue Guard's head.  Electricity crackles all over it's body, shriveling it's flesh onto it's bones before it explodes, sending sharp fragments of bone cutting into the drow. Clutching his wounds the rogue uses the fading darkness to hide himself from view as he takes cover in the scrub once more.  The Red Guard steps forward towards Jett once more, his halberd scoring a glancing hit that still staggers the wounded warlord. 

The Green Guard abandons Vengeance to the acid and charges in on Rolen's rear, his glaive cutting into the monk's side and sending him skidding and stumbling off to the side, away from both remaining Guardsmen and the Priest.  With Finceleb partially concealed by the icy mists caused by the White Guard's death, the Priest turns his attention to Rolen as well, catching the half-orc squarely with his blast of riotous, multi-coloured energy.  Sorely wounded by this double attack, Rolen is still very much in the fight,  his orcish blood fuelling an anger that helps to push his pain aside..... 

Blue Guard attacks Ryltar with Shrapnel Skeleton(close burst 2): 26 vs Reflex, 17 damage

Red Guard's Recharge: 1

Red Guard attacks Jett with Halberd: 23 vs AC, 8 damage and Jett is marked until the end of Red's next turn

Green Guard charges Rolen with Glaive: 24 vs AC, 11 damage and Rolen is slid 3 squares away from both Red and Green

Exemplar attacks Rolen with Chromatic Ray: 26 vs Reflex, Rolen takes 18 acid, cold, fire, poison, and lightning damage

Vengeance is bloodied (8 hps left) and will take 5 damage at the start of his turn from the Acid Pool zone.

Jett is bloodied (12 hps left)

Finceleb is bloodied (18hps left)

Rolen is bloodied (15 hps left) Half-Orc Resilience activates (Rolen gains 5 temp hps)

Black Hallowguard has taken 71 damage (dead)

White Hallowguard has taken 89 damage (dead)

Blue Hallowguard has taken 60 damage (dead)

Green Hallowguard has taken 22 damage

Red HallowGuard has taken 46 damage (bloodied) 

Edited by user Monday, January 16, 2012 9:45:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Frandal  
#60 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 3:33:21 AM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]

Far from feeling uncomfortable inside the cold fog, the paladin feels how his sword uses the cold to send a wave of refreshing and pain killer of frost towards his wounds. Feeling better, the paladin steps outside the cloud, approaching the evil priest.

"Now it's your turn evil one. You'll regret the choice you made when you decided to follow such an evil godness. Face your doom!"

The sword once again glimmers with a blue and white light, and the paladin aims for the priest head, putting his own soul into the attack.  

Minor: Ardent Vow to the priest

Move: Move next to him ( two squares if I'm not wrong )

Standard: ( Before movement ) Second wind.

Action Point!

Martyr's Retribution | 15 vs. AC | 37 Divine, Radiant, Weapon damage
You must spend a healing surge without regaining any hit points.
Miss: Half Damage
+7 to damage from Ardent Vow already included