logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<23456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MariachiDevil  
#61 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2012 7:43:56 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 Very Dark d8 8
Acrobatic Master d10 10
Enhanced Reflexes d10 1

18! 

 Pulling himself up into the collapsing ceiling spaces of the corridors, Beast swings along above the heads of the mutants via the pipes and girders there, keeping to the shadows and only dropping down to creep along the floor when he absolutely needs to. He looks around for any sort of sign or board to point him to the generators. 


ArtMonkey  
#62 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2012 3:25:11 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 DOOM Pool: d6:3, d6:1, d6:6, d8:6

6 + 6 = 12! 

 

 Beast sneaks past the prisoners and finds a set of stairs leading down to the generators.

Wolverine, you're surrounded.  What do you do?  (If you're taking down the mob of prisoners, you need to do at least d8 damage.) 

 

  DOOM Pool: 3d6+d8
Scene Distinctions: Very Dark: d8/d4 • Maze of Hallways: d8/d4
Beast: P(d10)  


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
Frandal  
#63 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2012 8:08:09 AM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Logan  decides that the best way to help the guards is to put that mob to sleep. Besides, he's in the mood for a good bar brawl

 

I'm the best in what I  do: 8

Masterless Samurai: 7

Enhanced Strength 5

For damage: Adamantium claws 6

I'm not sure if II need a PP to inflict normal damage with the claws. In that case, let's say that the feral instincs of Wolverine starts to arouse, making him hard to control himself and hurting badly some prisioners, with the guards reacting bad to that, so the trait I'm the best in what I do will be a d4 instead: 1.4 

 


ArtMonkey  
#64 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2012 6:57:19 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Wolverine hews his way through the crowd of prisoners, disabling several, losing himself in the fight and disturbing the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents!

The prisoners, realizig that Wolverine is the biggest threat, desperately swarm him in an attempt to get out! 

 Wolverine gets 1 Plot Point (added!)

Mob of Minor Villains:
Team d6: 3, d6: 1, d6: 5, d6: 3
Desperate d8: 5
Swarm d8: 8

8 + 5 = 13
Damage: d8

Wolverine, your reaction?

Beast, what are you doing?

 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
MariachiDevil  
#65 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 1:15:59 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 Beast continues down the stairs alone, creeping along as before. He keeps an ear cocked for any sort of noise ahead. 


Frandal  
#66 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 10:19:45 AM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Wolwerine tries to knockout or disable as many prisioners as he can. The exercise will do him well.

 

"I'll love to dance with you all night but my date are going to feel alone... " he says kicking one thug  

 

Solo d10: 4

Enhanced Reflexes d8:5

Godlike Stamina d12: 11 

 


ArtMonkey  
#67 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:12:20 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Beast, you finally find the generator room thanks to a borrowed flashlight from a downed guard.  Unfortunately, the generator room is knee-deep in water for some reason.  That will make it dangerous to try to fix the generator.

Suddenly, you feel yourself being yanked down and held under the water by unseen hands! 

 Hydro-Man
Solo d6: 1
Water Control d6:  3 (Stepped down from d8 for "Drown")
Drown SFX: 6
Beast's Physical Stress d10:  4

 6 + 3 = 9
Damage: d12 (!!!) (Stepped up from d10 for "Drown") 

 Wolverine, your enhanced senses pick up the faint cry for help coming from somewhere downstairs, but the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents up here are being overpowered and it's still super-dark down there.  What do you do? 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
Frandal  
#68 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2012 12:15:03 AM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 "That's enough!!" screams Wolverine, jumping over the thugs and innmates, his claws reflecting the fires around, his muscles seeming to explode. He hit and hit and hit again until nothing moves next to him.  

 

 Hope this is ok, not sure I can do all this..

 Berserk: borrow and increase a doom pool dice to take an attack action

Solo d10: 4

Enhaced Strengh d8: 7

Doom pool d6:1

Combat Master: d10 6

Damage: Adamtium claws d10: 5

If possible he'll use Fearsome ( add a d6 ) to inflict emotional stress instead of physical one. He tries to demoralize them and make them surrender not to kill them... In that case I think Menace Master will work better than Enhaced Strength, but not sure if that's possible at all.  

If that ends the crowd or make it controllable for the SHIELD agents, then:

 Wolverine turns and disspear into the darkness, using Beast's scent to follow and locate him .

 Solo d10: 8

Superhuman Senses d10: 9

Cover Master d10: 5 

If the the bad guys crowd are still giving problems then another attack on them, using his feral features to bring them down:

 Solo d10: 9

Enhaced Strength d8: 4

Doom pool d6: 6

Combat Master: d10 6

Damage: Adamtium claws d10: 6

If possible he'll use Fearsome ( add a d6 ) to inflict emotional stress instead of physical one. He tries to demoralize them and make them surrender not to kill them... In that case I think Menace Master will work better than Enhaced Strength, but not sure if that's possible at all.  

Sorry to many doubts today...

 


MariachiDevil  
#69 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 4:37:15 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 The moment he feels himself being pulled down, Beast gulps in a huge lungful of air. Under the water, he finds the floor and pushes himself up with all the strength he can muster. If the hands feel at all corporeal, that only makes his job easier as he twists out of their grasp using moves he learned wrestling with other mutants. 

 Superhuman Strength d10 9
Solo d6 4

Maybe Combat Master d8 2, but if not I'll spend a plot point to add Enhanced Stamina d8 8 


ArtMonkey  
#70 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 5:12:52 AM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

The Mob of Minor Villains:
Team 3d6: 3, 4, 5
Drugged d4: 2
Swarm d8: 3

5 + 4 = 9

Wolverine gets a Plot Point

Doom Die d6 > d8 (Berserk)
Doom Die d8 > d10 (Drugged)
 

Wolverine slashes his way through the crowd, and many of the villains are so drugged that they flee before his ferocity.

Beast, you've escaped the watery clutches for the moment.  What now? 

 DOOM Pool: 3d6+1d8+1d10
Scene Distinctions: Very Dark: d8/d4 • Maze of Hallways: d8/d4
Beast: P(d10) 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
MariachiDevil  
#71 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 7:21:58 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 Beast attempts to leap atop one of the generators and he searches for any trace of a mutant controlling the water. 


Frandal  
#72 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 9:43:37 AM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Logan melts into the shadows, looking his superhuman senses to look for his lost comrade.  


ArtMonkey  
#73 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 7:18:27 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Wolverine, give me a roll to find Beast.  Whatever makes sense.  Remember, only one die from each category, though. 

 Beast, the water moves around you in a swirling motion as you search for a target in the darkness with your flashlight.  Then, in the shadows behind you, the water itself rises up in the shape of a man, reaching for you.  What do you do? 

 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
Frandal  
#74 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 8:51:03 PM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Looking for Beast...

 Solo d10: 6

Superhuman senses d10: 2

Crime expert: d8 8 


MariachiDevil  
#75 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 5:01:56 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 Beast leaps away from the figure, jumping from perch to perch. While he tries to evade the watery man, he keeps an eye out for trailing cables or the least damaged generator, anything he can use to run an electrical current through the water. 

 Solo 5
Superhuman Reflexes 4
Acrobatic Master 3

Hmm, not sure what I'm reacting to or if I'm reacting, but I think I'll spend a PP to add Enhanced Senses too: 8

Total: 13

Then to try to zap the water:

Solo 5
Smartest Man in the Room 2
Enhanced Senses 4
Science Master (1d8/1d8) (or tech master if that fits better) 8, 4

Total: 13


ArtMonkey  
#76 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 5:37:36 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 DOOM Pool: d6: 2, d6: 6, d6: 3, d8: 5, d10: 9

9 + 6 =15! Wolverine fails to find Beast! 

 As Wolverine is prowling through the pitch-black hallways looking for Beast, he hears a whimpering, "H-hello?  Is somebody there?"

"Shh!", warns a second voice.  A flashlight lights the hall for a moment, and Wolverine can see a man in a business suit guarded by a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.  "Holy crap, are we glad to see you, Wolver-"

That's when red tentacles lash out of the darkness, stabbing at Wolverine! 

 Carnage!
Solo d10: 8
Sneaky d8: 8
Tentacles d8: 1
Covert Expert d8: 8

8 + 8 = 16
Damage: d10 (Feed SFX = Damage: d12 !)

Wolverine, react! 


 Hydro-Man:
Solo d6: 4
Dumb as a Post d4: 1
Water Control d8: 7

7 + 4 = 11  (FAIL!)

Limit: Dried Up (Powers shut down, Doom Pool d8 > d10)
Dumb as a Post (Doom Pool d10 > d12)

Hydro-Man runs!
Solo d6: 5
Dumb as a Post d4: 2
Beast's Physical Stress d10: 8

8 + 5 = 13

Beast, if you're going to stop him, react!  (You can add his d8 injury to your roll).

Dumb as a Post (Doom Pool d10 > d12)

 Beast deftly rewires the generator while dodging blasts of water, and suddenly, the turbines roar.  Hydro-Man realizes too late what's happening and isn't able to pull away in time!  There's a crackling, boiling sound as the lights come up (dimly), and the remaining water coalesces into the form of a in a prisoner's uniform, doubled over and smoldering.  Too dumb to know when to stay down, he staggers to his feet and makes a run for it! 

 DOOM Pool: 3d6+2d12
Scene Distinctions: Maze of Hallways: d8/d4
Beast: P(d10)  Hydro-Man: P(d8) 

 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
MariachiDevil  
#77 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:13:48 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 Let him run, thinks Beast, rubbing at the raw grazes and burns on his body. This is turning into a dangerous game. Once Hydroman is out of sight, Beast inspects the generators more closely. 


ArtMonkey  
#78 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:40:42 AM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 The generators are running now, but show signs of being shorted out by a ridiculously large electrical surge.  That's probably what Beast saw lighting up the night sky earlier. 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
Frandal  
#79 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 12:10:54 PM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 

 

Solo d10:  7

Enhaced Reflexes d8: 6

Combat Master d10: 3 

 

 "ARRGH!!!"

The red tentacles stabs Wolverine, making him fall. He starts to stand up, his back smoking. He looks at the SHIELD agent "Take cover..."

Then he turns towards Carnage and let his claws feel the charged air of the tunnel once more.

"You are going to regret this..."

 

 Solo d10: 9

Enhanced Strength d8: 1

Combat Master d10: 5

Damage:

Adamantium Claws d10 2

Spend a PP to use Healing Factor. 


ArtMonkey  
#80 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 5:45:42 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Carnage:
Solo d10: 10
Superhuman Reflexes 4
Combat Expert 3

10 + 4 = 14 (Not quite enough!) 

Also, Wolverine gets a PP (and spends one, breaking even).  DOOM POOL 1d6 > 1d8

 Carnage rolls out of the way of Wolverine's claws, but too slow, and bits of symbiote splash across the walls of the hallway as Carnage leaps to the cieling and crawls back.

"I'm going to bite out your eyeballs and suck your brains out through your face!" he screams as drool drips from his fangs.  "So hold still!"

Webs shoot out from Carnage's face and shoulders, attempting to glue Wolverine in place! 

 Carnage:
Solo d10: 7
Web-Slinging d6: 6
Combat Expert d8: 3

6 + 7 = 13
Complication for Wolverine: "Webbed in Place d8" (unless Wolverine succeeds) 

Wolverine, react!

Beast, what are you doing?

 DOOM Pool: 2d6+1d8+2d12
Scene Distinctions: Maze of Hallways: d8/d4
Beast: P(d10)  Carnage: P(d10) 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
Users browsing this topic
Guest (Hidden)
6 Pages«<23456>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.1 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.784 seconds.