logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<3456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Frandal  
#81 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 6:24:04 PM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Reaction roll:

 Solo d10 2

Enhaced Reflexes d8 3

Combat Master d10 2

LOL! 

 

The sudden webs blind Wolverine and make him lost his momentum and he falls to one the floor, he's back to the wall, trapped by carnage's web.

Only one eye of Logan is free from the glueous ( does this word ever exists? ;) ) sustance but he waits for Carnage to jump into him to make his attack, moving his forearms he just let Carnage jump to work for him and try to impale the creature when he attacks.. 

 

Can I "attack" the web? to get rid of it next turn?

Solo d10:5

Enhanced Reflexes d8:6

Combat Master d10: 4

[edit] Adamantium Claws d10: 4

Webbed in Place: 8

6+5-8 (lol dice doesn't love me today ) : 3

[edit] 6 + 5 = 11 with a d10 to break the d8 webs

 


Edited by moderator Wednesday, March 14, 2012 7:16:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ArtMonkey  
#82 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 7:40:52 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Don't worry about rolling the webs, those go into MY pool.  Also, you're using your claws, right?  I edited that in (for all the good it did).

DOOM POOL: d6: 2, d6: 5, d8: 1, d12: 4, d12: 1

Holy crap! 5 + 4 = 9 !

I'm spending 2d12 to end the scene.  It looks like Wolverine was winning, so he did.  Tell Beast what happened, how you won, and what became of Carnage.  Also, because I spent d12s, everybody gets 2 XP each! [Logged]

 And this is a "Transision Scene", so Beast's Stress goes down by one step. [Logged]

 Wolverine totally slashes his way out of the webbing with a snarl!

(Cue close-up of totally pissed-off Woverine, eyes wide, teeth bared, etc)

(End scene!)

Later, Beast comes down the hall to find Wolverine and a man in a business suit standing in front of an open cell.  There's a dead S.H.I.E.L.D. agent at their feet.  Everyone is covered in red gore.

Inside the cell, sitting quietly, is what looks like a bearded, homeless man wearing the tattered remains of a blue and gold costume.

"Mr. Reynolds," the man in the suit pleads, obviously terrified.  "Please come with us.  Reed Richards sent me.  He says it's very important.  Please, I'd rather not stay here any longer than necessary."

 

 DOOM Pool: 2d6+1d8
Scene Distinctions: Maze of Hallways: d8/d4
Beast: P(d8) 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
MariachiDevil  
#83 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:27:26 PM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 "Logan? What happened here?" Beast asks as he approaches. 


Frandal  
#84 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 11:23:09 AM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 

Walking out of the shadows, Wolverine suit is broken in many sites, in some the flesh is still recovering from the wounds of Carnage's claws. He's covered in Carnage red gore.

"Well" says Logan carrying the body of Carange on his shoulder " he wanted to dance, it's no polite to reject an educated offer for a dance isn't it?" he drops Carnage into a cell with a sonorous THUD, he then uses a large piece of metal to seal the door from the outside. . "Don't be jelaous you're still mi date" says to Beast while he walks past him towards the civilian.

"Who's the one that grey-haired is looking for?" he ask to the civilian looking at the man at the cell. " And who are you anyway?"  

 

 What happened to the SHIELD agent?  

 

 


ArtMonkey  
#85 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 6:06:04 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 

Frandal wrote:

What happened to the SHIELD agent? 

You tell me!  I'm assuming Carnage got him in the fight. 

 "M-my name is Franklin Nelson.  I'm an attorney.  Mr. Richards sent me to look into Mr. Reynold's situation.  Apparently he showed up one day at the prison and told them to lock him up.  He's here of his own volition.  I've never heard of him, but Mr. Richards says that he's a hero known as 'Sentry'."

"I'm no hero," mutters the man in the cell.  "I'm a killer.  I killed my wife.  I deserve to be here." 

What now?


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
Frandal  
#86 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 11:34:01 PM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Logan kneels at the SHIELD's agent side, he puts the corpse into a resting position and closes his eyes.

He takes his ident plates.

" You were a brave man " he whispers to the corpse " I should have been faster, and had kept that mosnter away from you. I'll honor you."

He then turns towards the attorney and Reynolds.

" Ok Mr. Nelson, relax, Beast and I will take you out of here. And you Sentry or whatever. A lot of people who deserve to be here are on loose right now, and we've work to do. " he enters the cell and take Reynold's from his shoulders, putting him on his feet. " That good men gave his life to get you out of here and to see Richards, and you are going to do it. After that you could come back here or to any hole you want. Now.. " he approaches his face to Sentry's "... move".

He let the body of the SHIELD agent at the cell and close the door respectfuly. 


ArtMonkey  
#87 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 12:24:26 AM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Ok, this is another roll for Woverine (using Team) to motivate Sentry to leave.  He gets an extra d6 for the lawyer's help.

BUT FIRST!

Beast gets to roll to help.

Beast, if you're trying to help convince Sentry to leave his cell, say how you're helping and roll (with Team).  I'll roll the Doom Pool against you.  If you succeed, Wolverine gets your "damage" die as a bonus to his roll. 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
MariachiDevil  
#88 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 4:23:03 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 Beast offers his aid to Sentry as well, if there was such a thing as 'good cop, bad cop' when it came to emotional support, it would be now. While Logan tries to convince the man to leave, Beast pushes him much more gently, trying to engage Sentry in conversation and draw him out. 

 Team 7
Renaissance Beast 6

13? 


ArtMonkey  
#89 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 4:59:52 AM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Ok, Wolverine, roll for it, with a bonus d6 from the lawyer and a "bonus" d4 from Beast.

Use Team, and I'm guess "Menace Master" 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
Frandal  
#90 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 11:23:51 AM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 

  Team d8: 6

Menace Master d10: 3

Beast's Aid d4: 4

Nelson's Aid: d6: 3 

Will spend a plot point if needed to add a third dice. I don't know if the difficulty is already set or not, if you have to roll, then I'll spend the PP directly to add three and make things a little bit harder for you... but with my last rolls ;)  

 


ArtMonkey  
#91 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 8:24:24 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Wolverine gets 13 (Spends PP)

DOOM POOL: d6:3, d6:5, d8:2, d12:11

11 + 5 = 16

Aww.  That guy really believes he's guilty.  Nothing to be done for it now.

What next? 

 "I KILLED MY WIFE!!" the man shouts as he stands, a wave of force cracking the walls and sending you stumbling back.  He closes the door behind him and smashes the frame, warping the door and trapping himself inside. 

 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
Frandal  
#92 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 9:48:59 PM(UTC)
Frandal

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2009(UTC)
Posts: 344
Location: Madrid, Spain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

" Woah... " says Logan standing up " and he is going to kill someone with that temper. " he turns to Nelson. " Does Reed really needs this guy?"

Do you mean that there's no way to convice him now? no re-roll allowed? in that case...

"Ok I will hate myself for this in the morning... " he approaches the door and uses his claws to cut a hole in it. Then he jumps inside and he will knock off the Sentry and carry him outside uncounscious ( or at least he'll try )

If we can reroll.

Logan aprroaches the door and speaks to the Sentry.

"Ok, listen. I'm sorry for that show before, rough nitgh and all. I'm very sorry about your wife too, but listen, if you really want to be imprisioned, Reed Richards has a lot of tech stuff who will keep yourself restrained. This place is falling down, soon it wouldn't be able to hold not even the sea breeze, least you. Come with us, help us take this innocent lawyer to safety. This guard here... he had family too, don't make me tell his wife that he died for nothing... I know Richards, he can help you... C'mon kid, I doubt your wife wouldn't that you rotting in a hole or even dying alone here... " he makes a pause he speaks even lower but all could hear him  " I killed the woman I loved too, I had too, she asked me to do it. I made it to save her a lot of suffering... but that doesn't make it easier... that pain never goes away. but I tell you something, I will not honor her in a hole away from my responsabilities. I fight every day to be a better man, just how she would wanted. That's the better way I could honor and mourn her. Think about it"

He laid his back into the opposite wall... waiting.  


MariachiDevil  
#93 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 6:52:42 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 While Logan tries to entice Sentry out (one way or another) Beast keeps an eye out around them for any potential danger. Is the island still shaking with explosions? Can he hear the screams of crazed mutants?

He checks the SHIELD agent's equipment for a communicator or similar piece of hardware so he can keep up with what is happening. 


ArtMonkey  
#94 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 10:37:49 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Cutting a hole in the door isn't so easy.  It's designed to withstand supervillains, after all, but Wolverine does it, and then goes in and slugs Sentry, who falls limply to the floor.  He's not unconscious, but he just lays there, staring at nothing, and doesn't struggle when Wolverine picks him up.

The chatter on the S.H.I.E.L.D. communicators tells Beast that reinforcements have arrived, and everything is pretty much under control now, though some prisoners have escaped.

What now? 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
MariachiDevil  
#95 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2012 12:29:04 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 "Things look clear, Logan, we should get to the surface." Beast says, looking disapprovingly at his team mate.  


ArtMonkey  
#96 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2012 8:12:52 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 Things are indeed under control, and the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents lock everthing down and clean everything up.  What are you doing with Sentry?  Where do you go to plan your next move? 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
MariachiDevil  
#97 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 1:44:20 PM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 "I think we'd better get Sentry back to the Mansion as quickly as possible, then go after the escaped mutants when we have time." Beast muses. 


ArtMonkey  
#98 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 7:05:01 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 A new Transition scene.  Stress drops by one. [Logged] 

 Back at the Xavier mansion, Sentry rests on a lab table, cleaned up a bit, but still catatonic.

The other X-Men have returned, but you still don't know who staged the breakout or who escaped or why.

Maybe you can get some information from the remaining prisoners.  The Raft isnt' a regular prison, breaking in would require knowing what to do and how to do it.  Where did they get their info?  Maybe you have contacts in espionage or the criminal underworld who might have heard something? 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
MariachiDevil  
#99 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 12:57:30 PM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]
Rank: Guest

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/20/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,152
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

 Contacts? Not Beast, he's not the social type. However, he will try to access the Raft's computers from the safety of Xavier Mansion, to see a) if it can be done, b) a list of those who escaped and c) any abnormal reports from just before the breakout. 


ArtMonkey  
#100 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 6:20:01 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]
Rank: Administration

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Joined: 3/27/2004(UTC)
Posts: 6,299

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

 It costs you a Plot Point tied to your Tech Mastery, but it also gives you a "Suspicious S.H.I.E.L.D. Activity d8" Asset until the end of the next Action Scene. 

 Some "creative networking" by Beast gives him temporary access to the computers at the Raft.  The process makes it clear that whoever pulled this off must have had access to a bunch of S.H.I.E.L.D. insider information.  Also of note, the S.H.I.E.L.D. base located in the Savage Land has "gone dark", no longer in communication with the rest of the network, and that never happens.  Never.

As for the list, it looks like 42 inmates escaped, though several of the names on the list are supposed to have been dead some time ago! 


Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
Users browsing this topic
Guest (Hidden)
6 Pages«<3456>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.1 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.646 seconds.