logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ArtMonkey  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 6:28:06 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]

Medals: PBP DM: This user has run a PBP game!

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

While off to a slow start, we've finally gotten things back on track for more and more regular comic updates.  The very talented Henry is almost done with the next comic, and might have already finished by the time you read this.

Dungeons & Dorks has always been a labor of love, but with busier and busier schedules, it can be hard to find the time for it.  I still wish that I was able to draw the comic, though Henry is totally rocking it (which might make it even worse for me :P ).  So, I content myself with thinking about ways to improve the site, or what new storylines we might visit, or other related projects.  Unfortunately, self-discipline and solid time-management skills are not on my character sheet.  Still, I do love DnDorks and it's always in the back of my mind.  So enjoy the new comcis (YAY!) and I'll try to set up a schedule of content to keep everybody occupied between them.

On that note, what sorts of things would you like to see on the site?  More articles, obviously, but what else?  I'm thinking some GM tools, like random generators, new maps, interesting NPCs, plot ideas and maybe the occassional advice.  We're in 4e mode now, but 5e is right around the corner, so we'll be looking toward that.  I'm also revisiting "old-school" gaming, and what I can take from that for use today.  And then there's always the weird new stuff, like Joe McDaldno's (no, that's not a typo) "Monsterhearts" RPG, about the complicated lives of teenaged monsters.  Think "Twilight", or if you prefer, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".  So, sexy and dangerous and petty and emo, and violent but still kind of awesome.  When I can, I'll force people to play these games so I can do some reviews.

So, there's your "State of the Comic" address.  I'm looking forward to an exciting future.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 20, 2012 6:37:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go
MariachiDevil  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:57:46 AM(UTC)
MariachiDevil

[View User Details]

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Good to hear! 

I think GM tools are always useful to have on a site, perhaps useful links to anything you can't make yourself too? I'd like to see either links to or articles about sites that offer free rule sheets or quick-to-play pdfs for anyone looking to experiment, maybe articles that link to the appropriate forum threads or have play reports incorporated?

dying_inxs  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2012 10:45:41 PM(UTC)
dying_inxs

[View User Details]

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

awesome!!

you cant force me to play twilght -.- proably....Anxious

im a big fan of dndorks cant wait for more

ArtMonkey  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2012 11:02:47 PM(UTC)
ArtMonkey

[View User Details]

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

I haven't seen the "Twilight" movies or read the books, but if the idea of young people struggling to figure out who (and what) they are and occassionally flipping out and eating somebody sounds interesting, then "Monsterhearts" might be worth a look.  If nothing else, it has a solid rules system that really brings the drama.

As for the comic updates, Henry had some real life issues crop up that delayed him, but I think the comic's done.  We just need to post it up once things are ready on our end.

Red Tide Campaign Log
Red Tide PCs: Walderson, San Chal, Shi Go
Torchbearer PCs: Ulrik, Gerald
Scarlet Heroes PCs: Cor Shi Go